Jump to content

topgun2

Moderators
  • Posts

    7,789
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    467

Everything posted by topgun2

  1. Steph & Steve After delivery I had the factory add a dimmer switch because I found the lights a bit too bright from time to time. Assume that you have thought about extra 110, 12 volt and usb ports in the night stand if you are getting the twin beds. Also, how about an extra hook on the other side of the bath door and a port hole on the front for the propane tanks. Bill
  2. I'll join the group on the wash and wax thing- sure is pretty! Exterior detailer works well for quick touch-ups. Particularly for those fresh bugs on the nose. Assuming that one has the polished bumper - I've used a product called "never dull". But, it is a bunch of work with less than what I would call perfect results. Next I'll probably go to a metal polish with a mild abrasive like "semi-chrome". Bill
  3. Or, in the interest of saving a bit of cash - Harbor Freight sells two different suction cups. One is a four inch and the other is (I think) a two inch. Certainly the four inch would hold a fair amount of weight - I use one on the outside of Twist to hold my fishing waders while they dry. That way - no holes, nothing to see when it is down and it is very flexible in how you put it up. Bill
  4. John - I've got one of those retractable jobs in the bath of Twist (I posted about it in the mods section). It works great for that space, but, the maximum length is 11 feet and while the cord is OK for 1 towel, wash cloth and a pair or two of undies I'm guessing that it will not take a bunch more than that. I've never seen that same idea scaled up a tad for something like you are thinking. Good luck. Bill
  5. Canoe12 - Using the "search" function will get you a bunch of (almost all positive) reviews and comments concerning the CLAM Shelter (and a bunch of other stuff that isn't even vaguely related to the CLAM - go figure). I think that I'm in the minority in that I got the small (4 panel) CLAM. It is great for one or two people but as many as four can get in with chairs. This past summer I used my Mr. Buddy Heater and three of the "rain/wind" panels and just about roasted myself out of the thing. They are easy to put up, easier to take down, fit in the closet of the Oliver and when staked out they will take one heck of a wind. Best screen shelter I've ever owned hands down. Bill
  6. Randy - OOPS! Sorry about that. I'm guessing that those (your arrows) are the tops of the two shocks. Bill
  7. roguebooks - I don't know the answer to your question, but, I'm sure that Richie Carroll at OTT does. You can contact him at - 931-306-9232 or email at - rcarroll@olivertraveltrailers.com Hope that helps! Bill
  8. Randy - I would guess that those are 12 volt outlets (and/or USB outlets). I had one of those placed in that position when I ordered Twist except mine has a white cover. Bill
  9. Well, "HI" back to you from the mountains of Western North Carolina. When we decided to retire we looked into moving to Oregon because the weather is similar to the weather here. Certainly both are really nice areas of this great country to live in. Welcome into the daylight and fire away with any questions you may have. You are correct - the Oliver really is a special camper. Bill
  10. Matt - Instead of just doing a video on lubing a jack, how about a general lube video. This might include the jacks, the EZ Flex suspension system, doors, waste valves, Bull Dog hitch, hinge mechanism on the Maxx Air Fan, window slides, etc. Bill
  11. geO - There is no "window" for getting in on the action. However, the later you wait to make reservations, the less choice you will have in your camping spots or cabin or room. Don't forget to mention that you are with the Oliver Rally and/or group code 7066. This will get you a discount of $5 off the normal $25/ night fee. Bill
  12. Canoe12 - While I don't mind the "off-white" color of my blinds (it helps offset the abundance of pure white I think), I really like your idea of a Company Store. Unfortunately, with the growing pains that have received much discussion on this Forum, I doubt that this would be a high priority item for OTT at this time. I could see a bunch of "branded" items that I would have an interest in - t-shirts, coffee mugs, chairs, fleece, etc. Bill
  13. Canoe - Do you remember what size hole saw you used? Bill
  14. Free2 - So happy for you guys and for the excitement you are feeling. Know that there is more to come! Enjoy the heck out of it! Bill
  15. WDW - I store "Twist" in a fenced, video protected commercial storage yard which is otherwise nothing but an open field with no electric available. I use a CalMark cover which indeed does cover the solar panels. Given that we do not get severe cold temps here in Western North Carolina, I do not remove the batteries but I do totally disconnect them from the camper. Once or twice during the winter I will go over to the storage facility, peel back the cover just enough to expose the solar panels and re-connect the batteries for two or three days at a time. This more than allows the batteries to re-charge and then I roll the cover back into position after again disconnecting the batteries. Bill
  16. Kayrae51 - The answer to your question is: Richie Carroll. He can be contacted at: 931-306-9232 or rcarroll@olivertraveltrailers.com. Bill
  17. Stan & Carol - its been years since I've been there to see the ponies. Have a great time! And, how about some pics? Bill
  18. I have never had a "long term"problem communicating with the folks at Oliver. Yes, there have been times when an email with a number of numbered items on it have taken more than one follow-up to get all items taken care of, but, they were taken care of. When I have had the situation of employees not calling me back or returning my emails I have asked for the intervention of my sales rep - Anita - and that, in turn, was all it took to get the situation back on track. For those that are continuing to have problems I would suggest taking a look back at the Oliver Family posting on the Forum from June 9, 2017 which read in part: "we kindly ask that if you have a problem or concern with your Ollie, please call us directly so we can help you. This will provide us the details we need in a timely fashion and expedite our course of action." Keep going up the ladder until you get the help you need. Bill
  19. Thanks Tom - a bit of confusion on my part between Huntington Beach and Hunting Island. I'll check out James Island. Bill
  20. Sometime over the next three weeks I plan to travel over to the sea. Has anyone ever stayed at or near Edisto Beach? I understand that Huntington Beach State Park might still be closed. Any suggestions for a nice mid-week three or four days stay in this area? Bill
  21. Darrell & Kathy, Obviously you enjoyed your plant tour. Certainly you know why most of here are very pleased with our Olivers. I'm guessing that you are fine pulling your Oliver without a WDH. However, keep in mind that there are two separate parts to that equation - 1 - what the tow vehicle (TV) can handle and - 2 - what the hitch can handle. With my F150 I can tow up to a little over 12,000 pounds. However, a hitch weight of over 500 pounds requires a WDH. Just to make sure - check your Ford Owner's manual. With my 2017 F150 I have an integrated backup camera with a seven inch on-board screen which allows me to back up to the Oliver's hitch solo - it works great. There are numerous after market cameras of this sort and even some that will transmit the camera signal to your cell phone or tablet via WiFi - I have one of these that I placed on the back of my Oliver instead of purchasing the system offered by Oliver as an option. These systems are fairly simple - pick a location on the rear of the truck (such as the license plate holder/frame, bumper, tailgate, etc.) place the camera there, complete the wiring (into the backup lights of the truck if you only want the camera to work while backing up), "pair" the camera's WiFi signal to the device you are using to view its output and start backing up. For the camera I placed on the back of my Oliver, I had the appropriate wiring and an on/off switch run by the guys at the plant during construction. Hope this helps you. Bill
  22. Rideandfly - is that the first Oliver in your pictures above? ScubaRx should know in that he is our historian and was around back then. Bill
  23. I think that there just might be a bit of apples and oranges here. Of course, I could be the one that is a bit confused - not that it has ever happened before. I was unaware that "Sharkbite" made what appears to be "regular" plumbing supplies versus the ones that Mountainborn talked about in his original post - those are fittings that basically do not need tools such as crimpers and stainless/copper bands. I believe that ScubaRx is talking about the latter while DavidS is talking about the former. For an emergency kit, the tooless Sharkbite fittings make a bunch of sense and are less costly too (considering the cost of the tools involved, unless of course you happen to already own them). Either way the bottom line is the same - be prepared. Bill
  24. There are those times when a rainy day is actually welcome - after a really long hike the day before, after many days on the road, after 5 or 6 straight days of slogging up a mountain stream in search of trout. It gives one a chance to listen to the forest, read that book, watch a movie, listen to books on "tape" (which always leads to a nap or two), clean house/repair "stuff", actually cook a decent meal, etc. However, after one of these days I'm more than ready to get going again - one way or the other! Bill
  25. And the real adventure begins now! Welcome! Bill
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information