Jump to content

topgun2

Moderators
  • Posts

    7,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    468

Everything posted by topgun2

  1. No problem - go it moved. All is now back to being "right" with the world. Bill
  2. THAT explains it - no wonder you're interested in an Oliver! If there is anything that we can do to help - just yell. Bill
  3. Nice color!
  4. Any chance of your getting a picture of the area you are talking about? Also, do you have a an Elite I or II? Bill
  5. You're welcome. Bill
  6. Nice place! Bill
  7. Be careful out there on the way back to the "Mothership". See you soon. Bill
  8. In your Ollie?
  9. I can tell you that this subject has already been discussed with some of the senior folks at Oliver. The reaction by Oliver has been "mixed" - but - in the final analysis there really is only one person who can make the Classified Section reappear. I'm sure that if a fairly good number of current owners would make it known to the powers that be (email, snail mail and/or personal requests at the Rally) the odds of getting it back would be greatly improved. Bill
  10. If possible - try to attend the Oliver Owner's Rally. It's too late to register as a full participant, but, there is no reason that you can't attend many of the functions of the Rally to include visiting with current owners in the campground and touring the vendor area. Any of the Sales staff at Oliver will be happy to give you all the details. Bill
  11. I'd bet - the same size as the current Elite I. Simply put - with each of the four molds that it take to make any Oliver costing in excess of $2,000,000 (i.e. total cost would be in excess of $8,000,000) the cost of introducing a third size of travel trailer is simply too high. I'd also bet that similar to what has been done with the Elite II, a different model and/or trim level for the existing Elite I is behind that cover in the pic. Bill
  12. YES - same on my Hull #117 Bill
  13. "Red sky at night - Sailor's ...." Pretty.
  14. Gotta love that T-shirt at the lighthouse! VID_20260913_193335769.mp4
  15. Two in one day! I've had that happen once but without a navigator I've got to keep my eye peeled on "other" things while driving. Bill
  16. Gorby - Are you asking a question? or making a statement? or something else? Bill
  17. Bosker - Wow - that surely is tight in there. No way your Dad could have gotten that thing in there. Thank goodness he had Larry around to help him.😇
  18. No takers - so far - but - I'll still bring them to the Rally if anyone wants them. However, for anyone not coming to the Rally I'd be willing to ship these to you if you'll pick up the shipping fees from western North Carolina to your place. Unfortunately, help with installation is not included with this last offer. Bill p.s. I really don't want to dump these in the trash.
  19. Even though this RAM's payload capacity is fairly good compared to the competition, it is one of the main areas that all of the 1/2 ton trucks tend to be on the "light" side. Remember that ANYTHING you add to the truck "counts" against this payload limit - this includes even things like the tongue weight of your Oliver which will be (plus or minus) 600 pounds. In addition, given where you live and the mountain driving that you will do, the brakes and overall drive train on any 1/2 ton will likely be pushed towards the maximums for the truck. Having said this - I own a 2023 Ford F-150 with 3.5 liter twin turbo engine plus Ford's max towing and payload package and I've never had any difficulties with the truck's abilities. But, generally I travel alone and am what one might call a light packer. Bill
  20. About an hour ago 2:15pm EDT I spied an Oliver LE 2 headed south/east on Interstate 26 near the Blue Ridge Parkway bridge. The TV was a black Ford (Super Duty I think) and both the Ollie and TV had Florida plates. Looking good over in the slow lane just tooling along. Bill
  21. Craig - Your best bet is to call or email Oliver Service. Let them know what your hull number is and they can tell you which Gel Coat color was used on it. Note that over the years there have been different colors of white used. Bill
  22. Yep - Twist was treated to the window gutters a number of years ago. There are numerous threads here on the Forum concerning these window gutters - from installation to length of gutter for each window. Bill
  23. OK - I think I've got it. The reason that you have to raise the front of the Ollie to drain the tanks is common to all Olivers that I know of. This is because of the basic design of the tanks - they are fairly wide and long - but - not very tall since they have to fit between the inner and outer shells of the Oliver. The good news is that this design helps lower the trailer's center of gravity and more evenly distributes the weight of the tank's contents from side to side and front to back. In addition, the location provides protection to the tanks from sources outside the outer shell of the Oliver and given that in colder temperatures the area between the shells is somewhat warmer as compared to outside. Unfortunately, the downside to this location and design is that in order to completely empty the tanks, the front of the trailer must be elevated such that the liquid contents flow more completely (and faster) towards the outlet which is basically at the rear of the camper. Your 40% seems a bit on the high side but that could be a sensor issue (again, it really doesn't take all that much of a mis-placed sensor and/or the degree of level of the trailer to have a fairly dramatic effect on the reading). I think that most of us develop an idea/sense of when and how long we can "go" before these tanks need to be emptied and or what our readings really mean. But, in virtually all cases if we want to really empty these tanks, the nose of the Oliver must come up. Bill
  24. How/where are you getting your percentage readings? The tank sensors can be inaccurate and/or in need of adjustment. Bill
  25. I've been told by VERY reliable sources that a "new" model Ollie (with a lower MSRP) will be introduced at the upcoming Owner's Rally. That's about all of the information I have. Bill
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information