Custom fabricated mount for bicycle trays

Last summer project that has enabled me to carry bikes much easier. I got the aluminum 2x2s, T-slot material online and the 2x2 sleeves and hardware from Oliver. Local guy in Nashville welded up the tray and cut out the slots to slide into sleeves clearing the bolts. Install was harder than I thought (you have to be very careful drilling the rear hole both sides to go in between downward slats on bottom of frame).

*** For transparency, I found this while going over things related to the front coupler failure. Got me thinking more about a WD system. 

Best, 

Mike

IMG_2953.jpeg

IMG_2954.jpeg

IMG_2956.jpeg

IMG_2957.jpeg

70743089410__FB301387-4C32-428A-9972-6DF665F66588.jpeg

IMG_3037.jpeg

IMG_3044.jpeg

IMG_3046.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg

IMG_4281.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Have loved bicycles, ever since hoping for one for Christmas 60 years ago! I have road bikes since then and in most places we lived. My 20-year-old Trek hybrid, made in the USA, has been hanging from ceiling hooks in our garage, ever since we moved back to AZ, 6 years ago! It's extremely difficult to ride a bicycle here, since every local road is a very STEEP uphill climb, and then you're flying down the road, way too fast! We do have every kind of dirt bike, quad, side-by-side... I need fuel to climb elevation, gears to regulate speed, and disc brakes on decent.

I almost didn't click after reading your post title, though very glad I did. Excellent fab work here, and WHAT in the world is that dirt bike? We could use that here around town and in our travels! It must be an electric, seeing no exhaust pipe. Hope it's not China made (uhg, most are). If it's made "anywhere but..." I'm going to check it out!

This will certainly be easier for you. Off and on in a heartbeat. You'll be happy and great project!

Edited by jd1923

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators

Is there a plan for adding rear lighting (i.e. brake and turn signals)?  And license plate location?

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

It's sooooo nice having a couple bikes when traveling - regardless of how you're hauling them.  

Regarding @topgun2's comment, we like having the LED strip light across the back of our rack.  It gives red "running lights", yellow turn signals, and yellow emergency flashers - makes us a bit more visible when hauling our bikes at night.  Some models are now offering white "back-up" lighting - like this one:

Screenshot2024-03-15at7_04_12AM.thumb.png.b5f05769ec798c1e63796230f4070d89.png

@rideadeuce - very clean mod!  How's the departure angle when maneuvering through a parking entrance from the road?  Just curious...

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

@jd1923 It is a heavily modified Talaria. Sur-ron is another sister brand and unfortunately if it has a chip or an electric motor or both it is most likely made in Asia. But it is a ton of fun. Link for a stock bike:  https://lunacycle.com/talaria-sting-r-mx4/  Link for some fun upgrades: https://www.ko-moto.com/ko-talaria-upgrade-motor

@topgun2 Need to probably do both but haven't got to it yet. 3rd brake light with blinkers for sure!

@MAX Burner As far as departure angle. I have a pretty steep start to my driveway and the Ollie frame will hit occasionally but not the bike rack. 

• Like 3

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra