Uploading photos

• Moderators

Apparently we are having "issues" with the ability to upload photos at the moment.

Jason W. (the person at Oliver who helps us with Forum platform issues and other stuff) has been notified.  But given the holiday weekend this just might take a bit of time to correct.  Sorry for the problem!

Bill

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

You're welcome.

JD1923 was also having issues with uploading.

I'll let everyone know when the issue(s) get resolved.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
  • Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

I just checked and we are still having the issues with uploading pictures this morning.

I'm sure that Jason W. will work on the problem as soon as he is able and I will let everyone know when its fixed.

Sorry for the delay.

Bill

p.s.  Apparently Rideandfly found a way around the uploading problem by using a program called "Smugmug".

Edited by topgun2
added detail
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 1

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

Approximately 40 minutes ago I received a message from Jason W. requesting more information on the problem we are having uploading photos to the Forum.

Even though I told Jason to enjoy his Easter weekend, I know from past experience that he will be working on this issue.

I'll keep everyone updated on the progress if and when it occurs.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Bill

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

Near Asheville, NC

Apologies for the test image, but I figured out how to link to photos hosted on sites like Smugmug and Flickr.  You need to get the “address” of the photo on the host site, usually done by selecting the photo, right clicking on it, then selecting from the drop down menu something that reads like copy image address.    

At the bottom right corner of the Oliver post dialog box, you’ll see “other media”.  Click on it, select Insert “Image From URL”, then paste the photo address into the box.  The photo below is one of my yard pets that I posted on Flickr and linked to from here.

spacer.png

Edited by Wandering Sagebrush
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

• Moderators

Strangest looking rabbit I've ever seen!

AKA - the Easter buck.  🐰

Our uploading "issues" continue this morning but I know that Jason W. has been working on it.

Bill

• Thanks 2

Near Asheville, NC

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

I was uploading pictures of the "Sasquatch' that we saw the other day, and not only did they NOT UPLOAD or APPEAR, but my original pics seemed to have disappeared too!!!

How in the world are ppl going to believe in my sighting if I cannot post my pic's on the Oliver forum???
What is this Oliver World coming too??

Just Kidding... A Happy Easter to ALL-IVER Friends & Family.

Bryan, Maggie, Willis (aka Kamper-Kat)  as we prep for 'AK 2024'

Edited by SNY SD UP
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

4 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Strangest looking rabbit I've ever seen!

AKA - the Easter buck.  🐰

Our uploading "issues" continue this morning but I know that Jason W. has been working on it.

Bill

Bill:

I was having the same problem signing into the Rewards Section. When I tired to log in I got a "Bad Request" page.

Edited by dewdev

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators

All I can tell you is that Jason W has been working on the problem.

If I had to guess - Jason can only do so much with our interface to the part of the servers that he has access to while the people that are at the server site are (probably) not there due to the Easter holiday.

Please bare with us as we try to get the problem(s) sorted out.

Bill

• Like 1

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

I don't - yet - know what the problem(s) were but we are back in business.  At least as far as the main Forum goes.

Regret the downtime.  I will post more when I know it.

Bill

WGI_0512.JPG

Edited by topgun2
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

Obviously- from the post above the ability to upload photos is also back with us.

I missed you guys/gals!

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

OK -

It appears that there were a few "issues" but mainly it was a combination of storage and technical data base things that were the source.

It now appears that all is back to normal thanks to the great work (again) by Jason W.

Bill

• Thanks 6
  • Like 1

Near Asheville, NC