cable tv at campground

Hi All,

I have not been able to get the cable tv to work at campgrounds that have cable. I turn the booster off and try searching for the cable imput on the tv and it doesn't have a listing for it.

I noticed there is a loose cable laying in the storage cabinet above the tv, I plugged it into the cable imput beside the booster light and still nothing. I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong. Can someone smarter than me help me out?

Elite 11 #1443 2023

Diesel GMS 2500 Denali

Thank You,

Mark

• Like 1

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

I have the same knowledge deficit!  Glad you asked.

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

There are two ports on the outside of the trailer. One is labeled for a satellite feed and should be the loose cable in the attic.  
the other cable is labeled for cable and should be connected to the back side of the tv amplifier along with the cable from the digital hd antenna. (Both connections are behind the cover plate of the tv amplifier.  

in my trailer those two cables were inadvertently mis labled  at the factory.  I plugged the CATV onto the satellite drop inpu and it worked.  Maybe check that the cables are really connected from the CATV input in the side of the trailer to the amplifier connection behind the cover plate in the attic. 

Edited by Galway Girl
  • Like 4

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg