Parts dept?

I need to replace the plastic threaded piece coming out of the back of my toilet that connects to the water supply line. I also want to purchase the Oliver front hitch storage basket. I don’t see a tab for parts anywhere on the Oliver site. Do I need to call the factory or can someone lead me in the right direction thanks. 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

First, I would suggest getting the plumbing part from a big box store.  Almost none of the plumbing is "special".

For the aluminum storage box, suggest you ask if any of the owners who have upgraded to the nice enclosed boxes would like to sell their unused OTT aluminum boxes.  Likely get one for half price...  

GJ

• Like 5

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Badger said:

I need to replace the plastic threaded piece coming out of the back of my toilet that connects to the water supply line. I also want to purchase the Oliver front hitch storage basket. I don’t see a tab for parts anywhere on the Oliver site. Do I need to call the factory or can someone lead me in the right direction thanks. 

@Badger

I recently sold my used cargo box and purchased the Sea biscuit custom locking cargo container and am very happy with it. If I were looking to add a cargo box I would seriously consider this option. It’s more money but you do get a lot more dry lockable storage and it’s very well made. David Hess the owner of Sea biscuit and his team craft fine products built to custom fit to Olivers right in Tenn and they ship. There are other much less expensive cargo box options as well.
If you opt to order from Sea biscuit you will need the Ubolts and plates from Oliver to secure the box. Mike Sharpe at Oliver Service can sell and ship you what you need. We store ALL of our immediate go to set up gear in this box with room to spare. It leaves plenty of extra room in our TV bed. David & Kristine Hess will be at the rally if you plan on attending. We are very happy with our cargo box!

Cheers Happy Camping!

https://seabiscuitmetaldesigns.com/product/oliver-box/

IMG_0454.thumb.jpeg.f1b3bd98b35cc3d8c975c5439a968ade.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 7

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

The service department will coordinate with parts for you, or at least they did in the past. 

Call Service, or better yet, use their chat it seems to work better by opening a ticket. 

• Like 2

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

2 hours ago, Patriot said:

If you opt to order from Sea biscuit you will need the Ubolts and plates from Oliver to secure the box. Mike Sharpe at Oliver Service can sell and ship you what you need.

Patriot, do you maybe have part numbers or size of the ubolts and plates from Oliver? I’m hoping to source this kit up here in Canada rather than paying and arm and leg for shipping from Oliver.  

• Like 2

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

Patriot, do you maybe have part numbers or size of the ubolts and plates from Oliver? I’m hoping to source this kit up here in Canada rather than paying and arm and leg for shipping from Oliver.  

Hopefully either today or tomorrow I'll have these very parts arriving from Oliver and should be able to get you either the numbers and/or sizes.  I'll let you know when I get them.

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Hopefully either today or tomorrow I'll have these very parts arriving from Oliver and should be able to get you either the numbers and/or sizes.  I'll let you know when I get them.

Bill

Great, thank you very much Bill! 😉

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

Posted (edited)

Thank you Bill for answering @rich.dev. We were on the hanging out on the beach 🏖️🌊🌊🏖️ ha! 

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
On 5/2/2024 at 10:39 AM, topgun2 said:

On 5/2/2024 at 10:39 AM, topgun2 said:

I received the parts box from the Oliver Service guys/gal about 7pm last night.  Below are some pics of what was in the box.  Note that the U-bolts and appropriate washers and nuts are nice stainless steel. Here are the measurements:

two - stainless steel U-bolts with associated hardware measuring - 8"x3 3/4" x 3/8"

two painted steel plates measuring - 6 1/8" x 2" x 1/8"

one dense rubber pad measuring - 10" x 2" x 3/8"

one dense rubber pad measuring - 43" x 2" x 1/4"

Bill

P1030372.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

Does anyone have pictures of their front basket installed?

It is obvious where the two U-bolts and steel plates go - but - it is not so obvious as to the exact location of the rubber pads.  I suspect that the long rubber pad must be cut into at least two separate pieces in order to pad the existing fiberglass from the bottom of the basket.  Also, I assume that the basket is located as far to the rear as possible.

Thanks for the help!

Bill

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

No pictures, but I picked up an OEM basket in Hohenwald and installed it at home.  I installed it with bolts instead of the u-bolts.  I placed a rubber pad under the u-channel in front and on top of the fiberglass over the V shape of the frame, as well as a piece side to side at the back of the basket.

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Here ya go Bill. First pic shows the front U-bolt installed. The second shows the rear top and the front top looks about the same, hole centers likely 3/4" from edge (eyeballed, more than 1/2" for sure). Place washers on the U-bolts first. They look the same front and rear.

Rack1.jpg

Rack2.jpg

Edited by jd1923
  • Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

John - 

Thks a bunch!

Can you see the rubber that is between the basket and the fiberglass/frame?  If yes then I'm guessing that the rubber under the bracket in the front of the basket is slightly thicker than the rubber that is between the basket and the fiberglass?  Also, what is the direction of the rubber strips between the fiberglass and the basket - I assume that the strips run side to side at the front (just behind the front u-bolt) and at the rear (just in front of the rear u-bolt).

Bill

Edited by topgun2
spelling

Near Asheville, NC

32 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Can you see the rubber that is between the basket and the fiberglass/frame?

Looks like long rubber in the back, perpendicular to the trailer (see pic). The short piece parallel in front (mine looks like duct tape there).

IMG_2760.jpeg

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, mossemi said:

I installed it with bolts instead of the u-bolts.

Do you remember the length of those bolts and the diameter?

The holes in the basket I have are 1/2 inch and the u-bolts that Service sent to me are 3/8 inch.  I think that I'd rather use bolts (in order to fill those holes in the basket better) but from the looks of John's install his u-blot appears to be a bit long.  Also, did you use stainless or galvanized?

Bill

Near Asheville, NC

When @mossemi mentioned bolts, I first thought bolting to the frame. But then looking at my first picture above, you could just bolt to the same kind of plate below. You do not really need the U- part that goes in the tray. It could be just 2 bolts with washers. If you already purchased the U-bolt kit, I would just use them. I would think the bolts should be 5/16", 1/4" is too light and 3/8" overkill. The length should be the height of the frame plus an inch or so. Mine look long, like I should cut off the extra thread!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

@topgun2

You’re going to have do some math, which you are very good at.  After all, who else can make a keeper out of every trout you catch?  

My SS 3/8" bolts measure 7" long from the bottom of the basket, so you will need to add the thickness of the bottom of the basket and your washers.  The bottom of my basket sits 7/8” above the main beam.  I used a piece SS flat bar stock measuring 1/8"x 2.5"x7" instead of washers in the front and the base of my bike rack, which is bolted down inside the basket in the rear.  I used the OEM flat bar stock underneath with 1/8" Styrene Butadiene Rubber between the flat bar and the aluminum frame member.  I used a sheet of 3/8"x12"x12" Styrenes Butadiene Rubber cut down to size between the fiberglass and the bottom of the basket.

FYI:  my basket is solid aluminum, not the expanded aluminum version.

Mossey

Edited by mossemi
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

On 5/4/2024 at 9:16 AM, topgun2 said:

It is obvious where the two U-bolts and steel plates go - but - it is not so obvious as to the exact location of the rubber pads.  I suspect that the long rubber pad must be cut into at least two separate pieces in order to pad the existing fiberglass from the bottom of the basket.  Also, I assume that the basket is located as far to the rear as possible.

Thanks for the help!

Bill

Bill, I found this picture and post from John E Davies, the picture shows the position of the rubber strips. Not sure if jd's is the same, but looking at this picture from John, there's a rubber strip lenghtwise on the front of the box between the 2 gussets/L brackets (probably the 3/8" thick), and the 1/4" thick one diagonal in the back. Below is the picture and HERE'S the link to that post. 

IMG_7836A.jpg.c605f40792d401a8d8df4253ec853e17.thumb.jpg.6cfc2150e678958f8372a79dc2a79054.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Truma water heater & AC