Microwave / convection oven failed. Has anyone replaced with this one or something different?

2023 LE2 #1309.   Our High Pointe microwave/convection oven has apparently failed.  It will only run for 2-3 minutes before shutting off.  I think we have isolated it to the actual oven because I ran an extension cord from our garage directly to the plug for the oven and it didn't change anything.  These ovens only have a one-year warranty so we are going to have to replace it.  My questions are: has anyone used a different brand and had a good experience? How difficult is it to change out?  Any suggestion on where to get one?  I've searched online and the High Pointe is not very widely available.  Rec Pro seems to be the more popular choice.  thanks in advance.  

Mike Gutting

• Sad 2

Mike & Karen - Marietta GA

2023 LE 2 - Hull 1309 - 2022 Toyota Tundra 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Mike - 

If you are at all "handy" you might try seeing if you can repair that thing yourself.  I've repaired a couple of ours and the parts are fairly cheap and available for most microwaves.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MikeKaren said:

2023 LE2 #1309.   Our High Pointe microwave/convection oven has apparently failed.  It will only run for 2-3 minutes before shutting off.  I think we have isolated it to the actual oven because I ran an extension cord from our garage directly to the plug for the oven and it didn't change anything.  These ovens only have a one-year warranty so we are going to have to replace it.  My questions are: has anyone used a different brand and had a good experience? How difficult is it to change out?  Any suggestion on where to get one?  I've searched online and the High Pointe is not very widely available.  Rec Pro seems to be the more popular choice.  thanks in advance.  

Mike Gutting

Just out of warranty? That is a bummer? 

Edited by John Dorrer

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

Posted (edited)

Check out this old post here on the forum (Toshiba EM925A5A-BS):

Edited by QuestionMark
Added model number

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA

2 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

Just out of warranty? That is a bummer? 

Yes, it is.  It seems like the components should have more than a one-year warranty.  

47 minutes ago, QuestionMark said:

Check out this old post here on the forum (Toshiba EM925A5A-BS):

Thanks very much.  This will be helpful when I attempt it.  I really appreciate it. 

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@MikeKaren

FYI

Our home GE microwave-convention oven stopped working after using the convention oven portion a number of times.

The unit was repaired by a appliance repair person who told us to only use microwave portion as the unit is not well designed for the heat of the convention oven.

We have a stove with a convection oven and use that as the heat does not bother it.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

On 5/2/2024 at 8:51 AM, MikeKaren said:

Mike Gutting

Mike, our Oliver came with a microwave delete, the first RV we’ve owned that didn’t have one.  We don’t miss it.  The increased storage is much appreciated.

• Like 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

1 hour ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Mike, our Oliver came with a microwave delete, the first RV we’ve owned that didn’t have one.  We don’t miss it.  The increased storage is much appreciated.

Okay, one exception to the missing part… Having burned the daylights out of it, I was reminded of my total fail with Jiffy Pop.  I do miss being able to toss a bag of Orville Redenbacher into the microwave and have unburned popcorn.  

However, I did learn the secret to Jiffy Pop is to hold the pan about 2” above the flame.

Edited by Wandering Sagebrush

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO