Jump to content

Outdoor Shower faucet is cracked


Recommended Posts

Well, of course I had no time to conduct a proper PMCS (Army maintenance check) on the Ollie until 6 days before departure. Retirement can't come soon enough. 

Now I see the outdoor shower faucet assembly is cracked inside the hull.  I noticed it while bleeding air out of the lines.  Water was poring out of the weep holes in the hull and water dripping over the wall into the basement compartment.   Oh well, not a show shopper.  Only leaks if outdoor shower is turned on, which I seldom use.

Hopefully Camping World (yuck) will have the part on hand.  If not, oh well.  After the the rally. Maintenance, maintenance.  #110 is showing her age.  Maybe I will do a YouTube of it, we'll see.

image.thumb.jpeg.f98e9ea01a869b1042eabfc312ed107f.jpeg

 

 

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
14 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

#110 is showing her age.

Aren't we all?😁

There just has to be somewhere else to buy that replacement part!  Many times the cost via the Oliver Service department isn't bad.

Bill

  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hulls 110, 113,117 are all old girls!

The crack must have come from fighting with the hose. I’ve been using ours quite a bit lately and the hose will often not fully extend. From your pic, I can see it’s getting caught on the hot side PEX! I’m going to cover or wrap that plumbing with something so the hose can be pulled out unhindered.

hope you can source the cracked part without replacing the entire faucet assembly.

  • Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 1:17 AM, jd1923 said:

Hulls 110, 113,117 are all old girls!

The crack must have come from fighting with the hose. I’ve been using ours quite a bit lately and the hose will often not fully extend. From your pic, I can see it’s getting caught on the hot side PEX! I’m going to cover or wrap that plumbing with something so the hose can be pulled out unhindered.

hope you can source the cracked part without replacing the entire faucet assembly.

I was also thinking of Jerry Rigging cloth strip of something to better support that silver show hose, to take a bit of pressure of that plastic fitting.  Also, I will likely add line marks or colored electrical tape (yellow, then red) as the... "do not pull any farther out" warning markers.  Will work for me.  

I will likely add a bit more silver insulator material on the walls around that shower faucet area.  Just to help a tad bit more keeping things warming in lightly cold weather.  I always keep extra insulator inside the faucet box, inside the door, just to "attempt" to improve thermals.

The new part is on order from the dreaded Amazon.  Camping world did not have the exact part, and I wanted exact if I can get it.  

Edited by Wayfinder
  • Like 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2024 at 9:25 AM, Wandering Sagebrush said:

I’d check with a plumbing supply house (assuming there’s one nearby), that’s gotta be somewhat common.

I Amazon'd it.  Thanks!  I have little faith in what I can find in my town of Augusta, GA.  

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wayfinder said:

I Amazon'd it.  Thanks!  I have little faith in what I can find in my town of Augusta, GA.  

Out here, Amazon and UPS are my best friends and dance partners.

  • Haha 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Out here, Amazon and UPS are my best friends and dance partners.

💯 agree on Amazon, not too many weeks go by without me ordering something from Amazon. But I avoid dealing with UPS and FedEx like the plague! Maybe it’s just because I’m from Canada, but with UPS and FedEx there’s always all kinds of extra charges! 😔

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

💯 agree on Amazon, not too many weeks go by without me ordering something from Amazon. But I avoid dealing with UPS and FedEx like the plague! Maybe it’s just because I’m from Canada, but with UPS and FedEx there’s always all kinds of extra charges! 😔

Yeah, I don't seem to deal with those extra charges.  Or maybe they're so hidden that ignorance is bliss.  That's how I make it thru life.

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

I was also thinking of Jerry Rigging cloth strip of something to better support that silver show hose, to take a bit of pressure of that plastic fitting.  Also, I will likely add line marks or colored electrical tape (yellow, then red) as the... "do not pull any farther out" warning markers.

Better than tape would be some kind of donut clamped to the hose, so that it cannot be pulled too far.

  • Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rich.dev said:

💯 agree on Amazon, not too many weeks go by without me ordering something from Amazon. But I avoid dealing with UPS and FedEx like the plague! Maybe it’s just because I’m from Canada, but with UPS and FedEx there’s always all kinds of extra charges! 😔

My perspective is a little different, as I  live 10 miles from our farm supply store, and about 14 miles from our only hardware store.  I try to shop local if I know I’m going to find it, so I wait until the shopping list builds up a bit before heading in.  A trip to town is roughly $5.00 round trip (more if I take the F350) so that makes any little charges much less onerous.  
 

An example is my recent need for a couple of acid brushes.  There weren’t any in town that we could find, and if there had been, I suspect the price might have been maybe 79¢ each.   Yesterday , I ordered a pack of 36 from Amazon for roughly $7.00.  They arrived today.

  • Like 3

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Better than tape would be some kind of donut clamped to the hose, so that it cannot be pulled too far.

I also thought something like that, however there's WAY too much to catch on in that area of a hull, unless the hose was pushed back into a "baggie" like pouch, but still, it's Chinese plastic I'm sure.  It won't last long no matter what.

  • Like 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After looking at my picture of the faucet, I think I'll try some support using the faucet housing itself.  Something like this I suppose.

 

 

shower-faucet-solution-idea.jpg

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

After looking at my picture of the faucet, I think I'll try some support using the faucet housing itself.  Something like this I suppose.

 

 

shower-faucet-solution-idea.jpg

Or just a simple cradle resting across the two adjacent pipes.

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2024 at 7:58 AM, topgun2 said:

Aren't we all?😁

There just has to be somewhere else to buy that replacement part!  Many times the cost via the Oliver Service department isn't bad.

Bill

Does Oliver have a process for buying parts?

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
15 minutes ago, HDRider said:

Does Oliver have a process for buying parts?

Yep = 

Call Service or send them an email or open a Service ticket telling them what you need.

Bill

  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

Or just a simple cradle resting across the two adjacent pipes.

I considered that, but then I could hear someone, rightfully so, say it would put too much stress on those Pex pipes.  If those leak, there's no stopping the leak without killing the water and pressure in the lines.  If the faucet likes as it has, it only leaks when using the outside shower.  Not a bad compromise.  

The part is actually suppose to arrive this afternoon, so I might be replacing it at the rally.   Something fun to to do.

  • Like 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to replacing the outdoor shower, but it will have to wait until I get to the rally.  Part just arrived.

Q:  Can you make a deck chair from PEX piping, like all the things you can make with PVC?  LOL. Just kidding!

PXL_20240510_192746386.jpg

  • Like 3

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 1:35 PM, Wayfinder said:

After looking at my picture of the faucet, I think I'll try some support using the faucet housing itself.  Something like this I suppose.

 

You could limit the hose length so it won't pull on the fitting when extended. Tying an overhand knot in it should work. Seriously though a rag tied so the hose couldn't fully extend or a bungee improvised to do the same might take some stress off the fitting so things don't get worse before you can get it repaired.

Edited by Corvus
clarification
  • Like 1

Jerry & Kathy

2019 LEII Standard #539 + 2019 Tundra Limited 4X4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...