HELP! Bad smell from under dinette seat

We coulda paid double for a new one! I’ve been working on ours daily…

And she keeps gettin’ betta!

• Love 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
11 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Odo- ban. Our dollar tree has a little tiny bottle. A little goes a Ling way.

Great recommendation to @NHBoomers! I second the OdoBan, has a pleasant smell and more importantly, it works to eliminate bad odors. Been using for years in my skiff to rid fish and bait smells, and coastal grunge! Buy it by the gallon at Sam’s, sometimes sold with a ‘bonus’ spray bottle. 

• Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

On 6/28/2024 at 9:30 PM, Townesw said:

There has been at least one owner

@Townesw thanks for including a photo.  How do you access below the bathroom sink? I see 4 small caps on the inset shelf -- do those pry off? I'm afraid of breaking tabs on plastic elements, so I haven't tried anything stiffer than my fingernail (and no luck). 

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

2024.04.29 - ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYBBBBBBsm.jpg

Posted (edited)

@Boudicca908Pry off the 4 plastic caps, remove the screws, cut the caulk around the insert using a plastic razor blade. 

If you intend to remove the insert be sure you have everything on hand to replace it. Keep in mind that the caulk will need to cure for a certain time before it can be wetted. I have taped a piece of plastic over the hole in order to use the shower before I replaced the insert. 

Edited by Townesw
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

5 minutes ago, Townesw said:

Pry off the 4 plastic caps, remove the screws, cut the caulk around the insert using a plastic razor blade. 

Thank you. I think I will wait to try that for a time when I have caulk on hand to repair -- but I've been curious about that space. 

• Like 3

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

@Boudicca908:  While you've got the cubby insert removed and have inspected that "great space" under the sink - try considering replacing the insert with one of these and adding a shelf to store toiletries and stuff:

IMG_1041.jpeg

Gives you ready access to all that great space below the vanity sink...  Just say'n...

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Max is right about the vanity hatch.  We put one in and discovered two things.

1)    Trying to remember the name of the hatch manufacturer ... Sea Dog?  Nicely built, solid and very easy to install wilh only minor modification of the cut out.

2)    Like like in the area behind the rear drawers under the kithchen sink, the installation of couplings was sloppy with loose and leaking fittings  The plumbing in our Oliver is the only area where I am really disappointed in the QC.  I advise making access to every possible failure point and checking often.

• Like 3

On 7/5/2024 at 4:51 PM, MAX Burner said:

While you've got the cubby insert removed and have inspected that "great space" under the sink - try considering replacing the insert with one of these and adding a shelf to store toiletries and stuff:

That looks great! I'd vote for that to be a suggestion to OTT Mothership Design Team!

• Moderators

For anyone considering adding a marine hatch to their bath vanity, I did this mod and I love it!

But I think that you should take a look at @Frank C's version at THIS link.  His bath vanity mod was a unique approach that I think is worth considering!

Mossey

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”