Refrigerator Cooling Fan

6 minutes ago, mossemi said:

Have you opened the 6" round hatch plate in the cabinet above the microwave and checked the switch wiring?

Mossey

I did months ago when I was troubleshooting that fan.  The wire going up to the switch provides no voltage at all and the switch itself seems to be working fine. Not sure when it comes from. Was not looking forward to pulling out the fridge just for that.  I may run all new wires to power on/off the new Beech Lane twin fans. We'll see.

Edited by Wayfinder
  • Like 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

@jd1923 and @Ronbrink did a great job laying out what they did to tie in the new Beech Lane fans.  I just wasn't "getting it" at first what @jd1923 had done, since we seem to have the same fridge setup.  Even with pictures in color I was not "seeing it".  LOL. Now I get it thanks to Mike adding my own picture back to me.  Nice!

I've just ordered my Beech Lane and will be attempting the same setup.

Thanks again, and again, and again, to everyone participating.  We need to get together someday and talk in person. Maybe a non-rally technical gathering.  

Heck, we could even do a Zoom call or something like that someday.  That would be fun too.

Edited by Wayfinder
  • Like 4

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

Now I get it thanks to Mike adding my own picture back to me.

Don’t take my word for any electrical source in your Ollie, be sure to verify your own voltage source!

Mossey

• Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

On 7/29/2024 at 8:17 AM, mossemi said:

Have you opened the 6" round hatch plate in the cabinet above the microwave and checked the switch wiring?

Mossey

Yeah, I checked the switch and the wire going to the switch. Switch seems to work fine. No power from the inbound wire. 

I should check again to ensure I checked correctly. Sounds like someone else had the same issue. 

This full time job of mine has got to go away. It's cutting I to my fun time. 

Edited by Wayfinder
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Chris
Augusta, Georgia

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

Yeah, I checked the switch and the wire going to the switch. Switch seems to work fine. No power from the inbound wire.

Often toggle switches terminate the ground and will NOT show 12VDC. I never tested mine, since when it was ON there was no power to the fan even when bypassing the thermal switch. I ran new wires. I used the main switch to connect ground to the new Beech Lane fan circuit.

i suggest new wires everywhere. I cut off all the old blue and red 20 AWG wires and replaced with automotive grade 14 AWG wiring. Pics above and I’ll keep an eye here for any questions as you progress with your mod.

Edited by jd1923
  • Thanks 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

I have not installed the Beach Lane Twin fans yet, but I did just verify they work and noted how much they use per manual setting, at least indoors with ambient temps around 75 degrees. There are impressively quiet, even at 100%. And they move some serious air.  Make a nice decorative wooden enclosure and they'd be better than any desktop fan you could buy.  Would keep you cool at night for sure!  Hmmmm!

• Speed  - Watts Used
  • 50%  -  0.6w
  • 60%  -  1.2w
  • 70%  -  2.05w
  • 80%  -  3.2w
  • 90%  -  4.6w
  • 100% - 6.6w

beachlane-fan-60p-1-2watt.png

beachlane-fan-80p-3-2watt.png

Edited by Wayfinder
  • Like 4

Chris
Augusta, Georgia