Air conditioning condensation drain ?

kurtv

Can some tell me where the condensation drip line is routed?  It appears to drip below the right rear bumper near the “winterizing port”. Also, does anyone know how this line is to be serviced? If at all ?

thanks - kurtv

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

My 2020 OLEll line drips behind the rear driver side tire, the tip of the drain hose is visible from underneath. It is routed upward between the inner and outer hulls to the rooftop Dometic Penguin ll in my case. Although I have never had a need, a heavy monofilament fishing or string trimmer line could safely be used to probe for any obstruction. You may want to get a visual on the drain hose tip to verify location and if the condensate is dripping from it. If not then a more involved service is likely needed. 

• Like 4

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables, auxiliary Cerbo-S GX/Victron 30A Blue Smart IP22 Charger combo, Dreiha Atmos 4.4 a/c upgrade.

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

A.R.E. truck bed cover/BedRug bed liner, 200W solar array/Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 and 100Ah potable power station, Rancho QuickLIFT front suspension strut/coil spring upgrade, Advanced Technology vented/slotted disc brake rotor upgrade, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension/wireless remote controller, Mechman 320A High Output alternator/upsize cables.

The drip line can be accessed in the basement (bottom street side) and above in the attic corner street side.  You would need to remove the concealing panels for access.  

• Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

Remembering to Plug the hole when 'not camping for extended periods' to prevent insects (i.e. mud daubers) from using it, is a good thing.
Just add the step, to your winterization and  de-winterization to remove the plug.

• Like 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

My Visited North America Map

Our 2023 Elite II with Truma air conditioning has a drain line on both sides, coming out the rear corners of the trailer, just forward of the bumper. I've used a 9-foot long sunroof drain cleaning tool to clear any obstruction on the street/driver's side of the trailer, but it is not long enough for the curb/passenger side. If I'm leaning right, the condensate will drain down the side instead of the drain tube. I need to try a longer string trimmer to clear that side.

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg.d9d6547ab1cd0cc5803e63d1a54214de.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 9:59 AM, Steve Morris said:

Our 2023 Elite II with Truma air conditioning has a drain line on both sides, coming out the rear corners of the trailer, just forward of the bumper. I've used a 9-foot long sunroof drain cleaning tool to clear any obstruction on the street/driver's side of the trailer, but it is not long enough for the curb/passenger side. If I'm leaning right, the condensate will drain down the side instead of the drain tube. I need to try a longer string trimmer to clear that side.

I have the same issue. When I had my OE2 in for service at the factory Jason told me that the drain pan on the Truma is very shallow and can easily overflow at the front without flowing out the drain line. Note Truma manual states operation at an incline of over 4% can cause damage to the unit due to running the compressor dry. 

• Like 2

Mike & Ann

• 2021 Tundra DC SR5, Improved Racing MHX-514 transmission cooler
  • 2023 LE II - Hull #1420 - "Hank the Tank", Truma A/C, Furnace and WH package, AGM/solar

6 minutes ago, Boilermaker Chemist said:

Note Truma manual states operation at an incline of over 4% can cause damage to the unit due to running the compressor dry. 

That is correct. Keeping our trailer level is a high priority. 👍🏻 During this trip we have been using the Beech Lane leveling system. It works excellent.

https://www.beech-lane.com/wireless-rv-leveling-system-1

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

That is correct. Keeping our trailer level is a high priority. 👍🏻 During this trip we have been using the Beech Lane leveling system. It works excellent.

https://www.beech-lane.com/wireless-rv-leveling-system-1

I just installed a LevelMate Pro myself, pretty handy. 

• Like 4

Mike & Ann

• 2021 Tundra DC SR5, Improved Racing MHX-514 transmission cooler
  • 2023 LE II - Hull #1420 - "Hank the Tank", Truma A/C, Furnace and WH package, AGM/solar

10 hours ago, Boilermaker Chemist said:

I just installed a LevelMate Pro myself, pretty handy. 

We have used our Beech Lane at every stop this trip. Not bad for $80 and it has been dead on. Handy for sure!

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg