Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Could someone attending the upcoming 2026 Oliver Rally ask the Oliver folks:

Now that Oliver is back to only selling from their facilities in TN (no retail RV companies), can the Classified section be reopened on the forum to allow used Oliver's to be advertised there,

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Richard, Marianna and Annie (our minature poodle): 2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354, new 3 - 130 Lithonics batteries and  Xantrex Freedom XC 3000 Pro Inverter in 2025

2027 RAM 1500 Rebel, 4 x 4; 5.7L Gas V8 Hemi; 3.92 rear axle; 4 corner air suspension

Maine 

 

Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderators
Posted

I can tell you that this subject has already been discussed with some of the senior folks at Oliver.

The reaction by Oliver has been "mixed" - but - in the final analysis there really is only one person who can make the Classified Section reappear.

I'm sure that if a fairly good number of current owners would make it known to the powers that be (email, snail mail and/or personal requests at the Rally) the odds of getting it back would be greatly improved.

Bill

  • Thanks 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

Posted (edited)

I can see OTT not wanting to facilitate private sales of used Olivers. It's not a good business model.

On a personal basis, we're never buying or selling another Oliver, so who cares? I would think this is true for most of us. The Oliver is a life trailer that most of us buy once and keep in the family.

What would be helpful is a classified section for unused Oliver parts. I've sold my Calmark cover, sold my bike rack, sold my original 2KW Xantrex, all just from slight mentions in my mod posts. But it took 2 years to do so and an Oliver Parts sales section would be great (not a vendor space, just for owners). I'm not using our Andersen 2 5/16" WDH or brand new Nev-R Lube hubs. See, I did it again. I want a solid aluminum front basket that somebody here took off to add a locked/covered case.

If you've owned an Oliver for more than a couple of years, we all have stuff sitting on the shelf. 

Edited by jd1923
  • Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Posted

We purchased our Ollie from the original owners in Missouri during 2016 when posted in this forum's classified section. I'm sure many Ollie's have been sold on Facebook, too. Also like the idea for a owner's  classified section for Ollie parts and associated gear, too.

  • Like 1

 

Bill 2015 LE2 2024 F-350 6.8L

Posted

When we first joined the forum and had not yet decided to splurge for a new trailer, the used forum was very helpful. Not only did we see that there was relatively low owner turnover, but also that almost any trailer being sold was due to the owner’s age and/or health problems. Not customer dissatisfaction. That’s built in advertising right there. 

Plus, you could look at the owner’s previous posts to see in they made modifications, had problems, or complained about quality or customer service.

I think having the forum benefitted the seller, the potential buyer, and Oliver’s reputation. 

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

 

statestravelledmap.jpg.e25760abe3406b6c604e2b373e65663c.jpg

Posted (edited)

 

If I were interested in buying or selling an Oliver, the Oliver Travel Trailer For Sale Facebook page would be my first stop for several reasons.

While I may not be a marketing expert, the impressive 18.6k members  on the page suggest a much larger buyer and seller audience compared to this forum.

The Oliver TT Facebook market site provides a seamless way to quickly connect and communicate with potential buyers and sellers in real time.

Over the years, I’ve seen many Olivers sold on the FB platform. I would be surprised if an Oliver TT classified section ever reappears on this forum.

 

 

IMG_1762.thumb.jpeg.9743ef778097cacd213e1187cd8f790d.jpeg

Edited by Patriot

ALAZARCOCTDEGAIDILIAKSKYMEMDMAMOMTNENHNM

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka - “Beast of Burden”

Truma Aventa 13.5 AC, Alcan 5 leaf pack, Alcan HD shackles & HD wet bolts, 5200lb never lube axles.XPEL 10 mil PPF front both front corners, 30 lb LP tanks, Sea Biscuit Front Cargo Storage box. 

⚡️⚡️11/2025- Lithium upgrade to XPLOR - (2) Epoch 300ah Lithium batteries, Victron 3000W MultiPlus-II, Victron GX Touch 70, Victron Cerbo GX, Victron Smart Solar MPPT, Victron Smart Shunt, Victron Orion XS 1400 DC-DC charger, RV Soft Start. Zamp 90W suit case solar panel for 420W of solar.⚡️⚡️

North Carolina
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information