Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Recently replaced our A/C with a new unit.  The Air distribution box has a smaller footprint than the old Penguin.  So, I filled in with white caulk.  Of course, the white caulk is not as white as Donna would like it to be.   

What suggestions do you have for touching up with a whiter white.   Touch up Auto paint?    These are small...  about 1/8th inch in diameter but there are eight of them.  Plus they are on the ceiling so they tend to be noticed around bedtime.   Help me get a good nights sleep... Please!  :classic_biggrin:

Scotty 

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - 2016 Hull # 145   2024 Nissan Titan XD -   Western NC

 

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

 

Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
Posted (edited)

Here ya go. Cheaper than touch-up paint or new caulk, and an outdoor camping experience to boot!

https://a.co/d/074EF7vg

 

81Nd9Y2p1NL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.ee2f1611343b049211e380a337ef8508.jpg

I had these in my bedroom as a kid, and it was the first thing that came to mind. Not actually helpful, but they might be a distraction. 😉

Edited by Steve Morris

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

 

statestravelledmap.jpg.e25760abe3406b6c604e2b373e65663c.jpg

  • Moderator+
Posted
On 10/7/2026 at 10:21 AM, ScottyGS said:

Recently replaced our A/C with a new unit.  The Air distribution box has a smaller footprint than the old Penguin.  So, I filled in with white caulk.  Of course, the white caulk is not as white as Donna would like it to be.   

What suggestions do you have for touching up with a whiter white.   Touch up Auto paint?    These are small...  about 1/8th inch in diameter but there are eight of them.  Plus they are on the ceiling so they tend to be noticed around bedtime.   Help me get a good nights sleep... Please!  :classic_biggrin:

Scotty 

Would Donna be amenable to sleeping outside? That way she wouldn't notice.

Just Kidding..........

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved dogs Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4       

 

Posted

I used white plastic hole plugs similar to below when I changed out my A/C.  I actually had to enlarge the holes to get the smallest one's to fit.  You don't really notice them but if you do, they just like part of the installation.

I was concerned that if I tried to fill the holes, I wouldn't be able to reproduce the glossy finish of the gel coat and that would be more noticeable. 

https://www.amazon.com/Tnisesm-Plastic-Knockout-Locking-Furniture/dp/B0C3H1J6M8

  • Like 3
Big Texas – 2018 Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #306
2024 RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins, Weigh Safe hitch
Posted
11 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Would Donna be amenable to sleeping outside? That way she wouldn't notice.

Just Kidding..........

I think if anyone is getting kicked out it will be me.   I just re-sealed the Maxx Fan and used 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant - Fast Cure 4000 UV.  Found it very easy to work with... used painters tape about 3/16" from the edge and ran the bead very easy.  While I was doing that... I started thinking... Damn this stuff is WHITE!   I mean like BRIGHT WHITE.... 

Then the light bulb went off and just a little dab over the caulk in the old drill holes and it is now an acceptable level of whiteness for Donna.   So, no one has to sleep outside. 

Looking forward to seeing you at the Rally.  Maybe you will give us a quick tour of the new battery system.    #145 goes in to Easton in November. 

Scotty 

 

  • Like 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - 2016 Hull # 145   2024 Nissan Titan XD -   Western NC

 

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

 

  • Moderator+
Posted
6 hours ago, ScottyGS said:

Looking forward to seeing you at the Rally.  Maybe you will give us a quick tour of the new battery system.    #145 goes in to Easton in November. 

Scotty 

 

We will be there on Monday. 

You will love the work that Easton will do for you. 

 

  • Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved dogs Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4       

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information