Kitchen Window?

Overland

• Moderators

Wondering if anyone has ever asked Oliver about the possibility of adding a window over the kitchen counter? Seems like it would fit. I'm thinking it would make for a nice pass through when one of us is grilling and the other is inside using the cooktop, and also it might help vent the cooktop area. You could even put a small fan in the window maybe to help send the cooking odors outside.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

❄️

• Moderators

I've used kitchen windows in rented rvs, and I wouldn't want one in my Oliver. The fan to my back set on exhaust does a great job of exhausting fumes. The window, if open, in rentals messed with the gas flames.

I used that big expanse of white behind the cooktop for a variety of hooks and shelves to store spices, cooking accessories, and dishes.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, though.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

I brought this idea up way back when we bought ours, and Robert shot it down. I still think it's a good idea. Might be worthwhile to revisit the idea again with the folks at Oliver.

Stan

• Like 1

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• 5 years later...
On 4/10/2016 at 3:22 PM, Overland said:

Wondering if anyone has ever asked Oliver about the possibility of adding a window over the kitchen counter? Seems like it would fit. I'm thinking it would make for a nice pass through when one of us is grilling and the other is inside using the cooktop, and also it might help vent the cooktop area. You could even put a small fan in the window maybe to help send the cooking odors outside.

I'm reviving this older thread as one of things that was on my wish/mod list for my Casita was a kitchen window!  I know a few Casita'ns who've tackled this mod with sliding windows purchased from Scamp or Hehr direct.   In a recent post someone used a boat hull port window!    It's certainly above my skill and pay grade but I love my home kitchen window and would welcome a campsite view from my sink.  I also like the idea of passing something outside to cook with.   Anyone since this thread was created tackle this or is willing to?  Suggestions welcome!

window2.jpg

• Like 2

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"