"Twin" latex mattress dimensions

Rumline

We're considering getting custom fitted sheets made ahead of our pickup in June.  Does anybody who has the KTT latex mattress upgrade have measurements handy for the mattress?  Are the length and width actually 30 x 75"?  What is the depth, from the top of the bunk underneath to the top of the unladen mattress?

I was just planning to get a "regular" rectangular sheet made but if anybody has the radius of the back corner that might be helpful to other readers.

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Rumline -

I do not have that exact mattress, but the optional mattress I have measures:

8 5/8 thick

74 long

29 7/8 wide

All I can tell you about the radius is that at the 45 degree (middle) point of the arc the mattress is 1 inch shorter than it is where the arc starts.

Hope this is some help to you!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I just tried to measure our new KTT mattresses and it is not as easy as you think it is. They are "about" 29-29.5 wide by 74-74.5 long by 7-7.50 deep depending on where and how you measure them.  My wife ordered 2 sets of AB Lifestyles 30x75 Bunk sheets and they fit well enough that we ordered 2 more sets for spares. The bottom sheet is fitted on all 4 corners. The top sheet is fitted on the bottom 2 corners. She also ordered quilted top mattress covers that fit well but I can't find the source of those. If you're interested I will  continue to look. Hope this helps.

Bill

• Thanks 2

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Thank you for the replies.

I saw the AB Lifestyles sheets, and they look quality, but I'm not sure I would like a half-fitted top sheet.  I mean it sounds like a nice idea but I like to stick my feet out to regulate temperature and prefer my top sheet to float.

I was looking at "Advanced Bedding" but they're almost twice as expensive for roughly the same product (300 thread count cotton).  Maybe I'll contact AB Lifestyles to see if they can make a regular top sheet.

• Thanks 2

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

AB Lifestyles made memory foam mattresses for our twin Ollie probably during the summer of 2016. They should have mattress dimensions with proper radius. If they can't find order information, please PM, I will get the order number and may also have a top view drawing of the mattresses in Ollie.

• Thanks 1

LE2

• 1 month later...

Bill: Thanks for the template!

SHEETS: I have read many reviews of the "Cot Sheets" being sold on Amazon and frankly the quality of the sheets sold seems to be pretty poor. Does anyone have a good sheet set recommendation in addition to the AB Lifestyles ones listed above?

Thanks,

Geronimo John

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

I'd just get a twin bed set from the store. You'll have to tuck a little bit more, but frankly, the 'correct' sized sheets that we got from AB Lifestyles aren't anything to write home about. The top sheet is very narrow - more like a ribbon than a sheet. Pretty useless, actually. And the material is O.K., but nothing special. We've kept the fitted sheets on to keep the mattresses clean, but just use sleeping bags on top now.

You are correct that there aren't any cot sheets that are any good, about 200 thread count. What I have found that works well is just using a king size sheet and tucking the fold into the wall, then only one sheet is needed. Of course, I only use flat sheets.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69