Add a dual 2.1 amp usb charge socket over one twin bed?

I have a single low power usb charge socket on the street side, factory installed. I need one on the other side and prefer a double 2.1 amp receptacle unit. The Web is full of junk Chinese units, and they are all lit up with a bright colored LED. That is the last thing I want over a bed.... I can’t find anything unlit except for this Blue Sea one. MSRP is $45.

35193F6A-4A40-4A2F-B58B-FCFEF3E9BF19.thumb.jpeg.114e287f42384818beb5ba4d82a32625.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Sea-1045-Fast-Charge-Dual-USB-Charger-Boat-Socket-Mount-4-8A-Phone-Tablet/291719502520?epid=1560446457&hash=item43ebd65ab8:g:DN8AAOSwU4FaGh0j&vxp=mtr

Blue Sea sells it on Amazon for $58 plus free shipping. LOL. ... what a deal!

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I want a high quality unit. The Blue Sea one will visually match the Oliver one and does not cut any corners in terms of quality.

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I just went over for a look, and my factory charger is a dual 1 amp unit, by Blue Sea, just an earlier model. I could have sworn it was a single. Good for Oliver, they spec good qality parts. Too bad it isn’t a higher amp version.

Thanks for the link.

John Davies

Spokane WA

5A0F9442-2F8C-46A6-A609-2ACAF0E3A7C7.thumb.jpeg.ea07fb08b041d7a81e57283b7fac3f7e.jpeg

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Defender is a go to source for us, especially for the boats. Great customer service.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

John, if you’re adding extra ports, you might think about placing one in the VERY COMMON AND OBVIOUS LOCATION. Oliver added one for us and it’s great for charging iPads, laptop, etc. while RESTING IN A CONSPICUOUS LOCATION

Fixed it for you. You almost mentioned The Compartment That Must Not Be Named.

• Thanks 1

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

I just remembered seeing a 2 pack of electrical outlets with 2 USB ports at Costco. They are made by Feit and each port is 3.4 amps. I think the were $20. I know that doesn’t help your desire for street side USB ports, but you could replace the attic outlet and pickup 2 fast ports without much trouble.

I have replaced about 20 incandescent can lights in my house with Feit led lights and I have been very happy with the Feit brand.

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”