Howdy

How you doing? Vector here, live outside of St. Louis in SW Illinois...Go Cards.

Always looking for wisdom from my elders, wondering about an equipement list, tow vehicle (how much pull/should i get a diesel? stuff, like that). Also, love to golf. Well, this is my first post, i think, so i'm just gonna submit this bad boy. RSVP.

• Thanks 1

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel

• Moderators

Hey Vector, welcome! When do you pick up? We will be in Hohenwald May 10 getting ours. I'll be towing with a 2012 Tacoma, probably the bare minimum. You'll get several opinions on tow vehicles. I agree with more is better but I've only got 90K miles on my Tacoma so it is just getting broken in. Will let everyone know how it goes after our 2 week meander back to San Antonio. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Vector,

Welcome to a friendly place. We lived in Clayton, MO for the better part of 25 years. Once retired (early) we realized that it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter and with no relatives in that area we decided to head to the mountains of North Carolina. In any case, it is still a nice area to raise a family.

As Mike states - the Tacoma is about the bare minimum for towing the Elite II. Presently over on the FGRV Forum there is a good discussion about tow vehicles with the Taco at the center. Between that forum and this one there is certainly enough to read on the subject.

Also, depending on what stage of the process you are in with the folks at the factory, don't be afraid to ask questions of those folks. Between Anita and Justin at the factory and all of the folks here I'm sure that most of your questions can be answered.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks kindly Bill. Don't blame you..i'm gonna guess Boonville, NC :)

Well, we're still working and have a social contract to raise these kiddos, so we'll be in the zip code for a while. Love Clayton, but i opted for nice little farm town w/ a great golf scene. Both have their advantages.

Good stuff.

Anita and Justin have constantly provided good info to me, and so has ole Mountainborn, all three are very helpful.

thanks for the wisdom.

v/r, Vector.

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

• Moderators

Food for thought - the factory is about a day's drive from your area. There is an OK campground about five miles to the east of the factory and then after your tour, the family can get on the Natchez Trace or head up to Nashville for a little vacation.

Boone is a bit too far north - I've heard that there just might even be Yankees up there!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+

We bought our current tow vehicle in Collinsville, IL.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Vector,

Believe the Nissan XD Titan would be a strong TV! Used to (retired) install Cummins diesels in several industrial applications with fine results. Just returned from southern MO where we purchased our "new to us" 2015 Elite II! We enjoy playing golf, too!!!!!

• Thanks 1

LE2

Hey OF's (Oliver Friends),

I picked mine up a month ago.Ollie is going back to her Mama for a little tune-up :) , and I"m adding the solar package while it's there, an arrangement that was part of the original purchase agreement. Should work out, as I"m busy w/ work for the next couple weeks and otherwise busy too.

Definitely leaning toward the XD diesel. Diesel has a few drawbacks when it's cold or if they sit too long..but I think it'll be alright. Don't know if the new technology has eliminated some of those issues. I have a little Kubota tractor and I love it. A touch of maitenance, but no big deal.

Gasser's or easier to deal with, but i like the idea of the diesel for the Ollie, though i think it can go either way.

Vector.

• 2 months later...

I got mine there as well, or maybe Bellville. It's all really just one city.  Cool.  I looked all over, almost went to Nebraska, but ended up over here...and i'm happy i did.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Vector, I'm J-Rhett and live in Decatur, IL.  Just purchased our Ollie in September of 2016 and patiently awaiting it's birth.  Last time I checked Hull #186 was in plumbing and electrical.   Maybe we'll meet out on the road sometime.  We've never camped before so it's all new to us.  Well, I have a brother who is a snowbird and he's guiding me on what to buy to prepare for camp life.  I saw recently that we have another Ollie person in Mattoon, IL too.  I've done a search on here but did not come up with a name for that owner in Mattoon.  Hope to meet up with you at some rally.   I have an old, but very good Ford F-250 diesel I plan on pulling with.  Rhett and Dory

J-Rhett

Oliver Legacy Elite II (Irog)

1995 Ford F-250 x4 Turbo Diesel

Trek Bikes, Hobie Cat Kayak

Hey J-Rhett,

I'd tent camped before, but the RV thing is a bit new..i'm feeling more confident these days. I sold my old truck and got a new diesel for the trailer, but that was more about space for the family than anything.  Still, the amenities on a new truck sure are nice :)

The Ollie is nice, no regrets here.  it's fun.  I wished i'd gotten the fancy counter tops, but it is easy to spend $$ on options on these things.  the fiberglass counters are plenty good enough though :)   Plus, some $$ in my pocket.

I'm over in Waterloo, IL.  Nice little town. Rally sounds nice.  We have two kiddos, we're older parents....they're are advantages and disadvantages to older parents :).

Congrats.

Vector

Wow, that last picture looks just like the site we had at Millford Lake at Junction City, KS. We attended a rally this past September, which was 70% Casida trailers with the rest being  other fiberglass trailers. Had a good time, but would not trade my Oliver for any of the others we looked at.

Stan

• Thanks 3

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

If I remember correctly, either Casida or Egg/fiberglass groups had a gathering at Boulder or Dam West ACE campgrounds a few years ago.  Don't know if they currently have gatherings there. Both have nice laundry facilities. There's a WalMart close to the Dam West campground.

• Thanks 1

LE2