B&W Ball mount

Calypso

Anyone have any experience with B&W ball mounts? We bought a GMC 2500 for our TV and want to get a different ball mount. We will mostly tow the Ollie, but occasionally a horse trailer for my sister that needs a 2 5/16 and my small sailboat that needs a 1 7/8.  Looking at the B&W tow & stow 3 ball mount. We tried a Curt our neighbor has, but too much play.

Thanks, Bob

• Moderators

Although I use a Andersen WD hitch when towing our Ollie, I have used a tow & stow for about 2 years for a variety of other towing needs.  I am extremely pleased with the B&W product.  I also use a Hitch Vice to lock the draw bar to the TV. There are many variations of what JD refers to as a "slobber stopper", this is just the American made brand I have used for the last 10 years.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Mike put me on to the hitch vice a year ago and it has worked much better than the things I used before-  thanks Mike!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

[postquote quote=179751][/postquote]

LOL, I call them “slopper stoppers”. I hope that was a typo.....

There are a bunch of different designs, I have never seen that one but I do like this, it is simple, compact, robust and affordable, and found at many camping retail stores for around $22. Plus built in the USA.

https://www.amazon.com/Hitch-Clamp-Cross-Heavy-Duty/dp/B013J6O5H0

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

[postquote quote=179826][/postquote]

The first one I bought was for use with a Toyota RAV4.  Then I bought a Land Cruiser and it would not fit because of the way the face of the receiver is built.  I contacted Hitch Rider and provided them with measurements and pictures. A new one arrived in a week that was built to my spec's.

I'm story to hear they are no longer built in the USA and I'm also glad you didn’t buy one on my endorsement.

JD,  sorry I misquoted you?.

Mike

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

I have the BW hitch had it for years, no problems, I only have the 2” and  2/516 the 1 7/8 aren’t used much any more, they were the norm at one time now its the 2’’  I like the BW it’s adjustable for different heights and the nice part, the ball mounts fold under the hitch, keeps you from banging your leg when you aren’t looking.

• Thanks 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Bob,

I bought the HD 2500 and was looking for a hitch.  The truck of course had the larger hitch receiver so I went with the 2 1/2 inch model, I Purchased one of the aluminum drop hitches and upon installation I found that the larger receiver  hitches did not allow for me to mount my Rock Tamers.  Nice hitch but I sent it back, and bought the 5 in drop BW with 2 5/16, 2 and 1 7/8. I tow a boat also that is heavier than our elite 2, and has to be adjusted lower for the boat.  Have a utility trailer also, so I can use them all. This is a great hitch love the fold away feature. Picked up our Ollie #482 on 6/24 and with that hitch and the duramax  you hardly know its there.  The deal breaker  was the rock tamers I consider them a must have for the Ollie and my fiberglass boat.

A friend used the insert and the 2 inch receiver and it was just a rattle trap.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Doug

• Thanks 1

Elite 11 delivered  June 24, 2019.  TV 2019 Chevy 2500 Duramax.  First fiberglass hull that does not float, swapping white wake for a black ribbon. Hull number 482. We are happy campers