Water pump failure

This morning while winterizing, I hook up my first jug of antifreeze to the rear inlet ,went Inside and turn on the water pump.  Not a sound from the water pump, dead as a door knob,  Light on water pump switch was lit, check under the side table at the water pump fuse and it look fined.  I put in a new one to be sure, turn on water pump switch, pump switch lite came on but still not a peep from the water pump.  Any suggestions, I look at the pump and didn't see anything loose.  I have a 2019 Legacy II  

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Delivery Date Aug 29, 2019

Ford F150 XL Supercab - 3.5 EcoBoost

ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKPASCSDTNTXVAWVWYmed.jpg

• Moderators

I don't know about your trailer, but we have two switches for the pump. Main switch at the door. Switch in the kitchen. Don't think light would come on though,  if main were off.

At this point,  I'd be looking for a loose connection. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Check voltage at the pump - no voltage - trace back to problem. 12v at pump - hmmm. Try to visually verify there is nothing in the pump - blocking action. With pump on - tap it a few times - a swift but gentle tap - if nothing happens, its probably a bad pump.

• Like 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

Check the second water pump switch switch in the bath.  Still nothing, check the wiring at the switch if you don’t have power at the pump.

Mossey84C4D758-457B-4986-B9EC-9DD9DA2B847D.thumb.jpeg.637f9275ef0cfc1e6cf07e611f19b846.jpeg

• Thanks 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Had the same problem. I found that one of the two red wires that enter into the front of the pump (as you’re looking at it from the hatch opening) was very loose when wiggling it. The loose terminal is actually inside the unit. Jason had the company send a new end cap that contains the built in wiring terminals . Suggest you call Jason for help.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Collier and Joan, 

Thanks for letting us know how your problem resolved. This will definitely help others, in the future.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, Collier and Joan said:

Just an update, did as Cvh suggested and put on a new end cap.  The water pump work perfect after replacing the end cap.

Great work! Glad it worked out!

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

9 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Collier and Joan, 

Thanks for letting us know how your problem resolved. This will definitely help others, in the future.

Yes, agree wholeheartedly with SeaDawg.  It's super helpful to others when an owner "closes the loop" on an issue that they've posted about.  

Sharing what actually fixed the issue is obviously very much appreciated as well.  

• Like 1

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR