@Topgun2

Bill:

I see you have the 2017 F-150 set-up very simular to my 2019 F-150 lariat FX4.  

Did you have to modify the Rock Tamers mounting collar?  Any issues with the back-up camera?

Thanks,

GJ

Tug:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow, FX-4, 4X4, Rear Locker

ALAZARCACOIDKSKYLAMSNENVNMNCOKORTNTXUTVA

• Moderators

GJ- 

The Rock Tamers have a couple of "bolts" that are supposed to be used to both "lock" the Tamers in place and to help "level" everything.  In my case, I had to install a couple of small shims in order to get it looking level with the rear bumper.

There is absolutely no problem with the backup camera and the "zoom" feature still works great when hitching.

However, the bars at the top of the Rock Tamers do interfere with the sensors in the bumper.  This causes them to "sense" that I'm too close to something and they sound an "alert" whenever I put the truck into reverse.  I could adjust these so that they would sit below the level of these sensors but I don't like the looks of them that way.  So, I simply put up with the warning.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"