SUGGESTIONS FOR GOOD BRANDS OF TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS?

Spike

I need to replace the after-market TPMS that I have been using in my 2012 Tundra towing my Ollie II (Hull 222, 2017).  A sensor went bad, and the company no longer sells them nor the same system.

I have been reading that it may now be necessary--due to radio frequency problems of some sort--to include something like a "repeater" to boost the signals from the tires to the monitor. (Hard-wiring the repeater to my Ollie would be a challenge to this electrically challenged camper.)

I would love to hear suggestions from any folks who are using systems that work well for them. Which product brands should I consider? (The easier to install and use the better.) Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I know that this topic has been covered in the past, but perhaps new products have been used and tested recently. 

Also, if hard-wiring the repeater (or whatever it is called) is necessary, how have any of you done this or have had it done by a professional?

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

We use the TST tpms system as well and  were told by a TST technician that the repeater is actually required to maintain the warranty of the TPMS system. The company and their customer service is excellent. 
https://tsttruck.com

- Patriot

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

There are so many YouTube videos on this subject certainly covering all of the major brands.  If I were buying a new system - that is where I'd start my research.

Having said this - I've been using the EEZTire system "for 5 years or so and have been happy with it".  " No repeater necessary." 😃.

Seriously, any of the major brands will do the job.  And, with most, you don't need a repeater.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Spike, thanks for asking this Q, and thanks, all, for the recommendations. My Ollie’s delivery is in March and I have lots of items on my to-buy list.

Can’t decide between Tire Tracker TT-600 & the TST 507. But if, as topgun2 says, all major brands should work ok, guess I’ll go with the less expensive TT-600, unless anyone’s had a problem with that tpms.

‘22 Ram 1500 4x4 Eco-diesel | ‘22 OTT LE2 hull # 1056 | Eastern VA

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Paul and Santina said:

Spike, thanks for asking this Q, and thanks, all, for the recommendations. My Ollie’s delivery is in March and I have lots of items on my to-buy list.

Do a search on TPMS and you’ll find other threads over the years.  I haven’t heard anything bad about the Tire Tracker and have been happy with my TST, so I don’t think you can go wrong either way.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Spike - I started this spring using the Tire Tracker brand TPMS system. I ordered 2 extra sensors for the spare tire on the Ollie and the spare tire on my TV. The system works great and I have not needed to use the reapeater which came with the system.

You can order extra sensors for your TV as well as the Ollie and the display system will show all of them. 

• Like 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine