What we learned during our plant tour and purchase, August 12, 2022

Steve Morris

w00t! Tomorrow morning, @DebMand I leave on a leisurely two-day drive to Hohenwald, Tennessee. Wednesday morning, we will take delivery of #1360, and stay two nights at Camp Oliver. Then two more nights just down the road at David Crockett State Park. We are beyond thrilled that this day is soon upon us, and thank all of you here for your encouragement, suggestions, and answers to endless questions!!

After DCSP, we head to Pine Mountain, Georgia, where we will spend three nights at the Callaway Gardens lodge with [name redacted] in the parking lot. As mentioned before, Deb is an avid vegetable and flower gardener, and decades long member of our local garden club. We visited Callaway Gardens 25 years ago, but missed the rhododendron and azalea blooming. Hopefully, we will be at peak bloom next week.

Then we will head home {unless a stop is needed at Oliver for any fixes) where we have several accessories to install before our spring/summer camping begins.

If anyone will be at Oliver Wednesday through Friday, stop and say "Hi!" We'll be in the white trailer. 😉

A new thread with delivery photos, our travels, and modifications will start soon!

• Like 9

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Have a great time!

Don't be afraid or too courteous to approach anyone you see to just say hello or ask a question - I've never met an Oliver person that wasn't anything but kind and helpful.

From what I've seen over the past months, you guys are as prepared as you can be.  But, you will still be fed a bunch of information in a short period of time.  Make sure that you give yourself some "relaxing" time.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Steve and Deb, Congrats!

Try and get some good rest Tuesday evening before delivery day. And most of all have a great time!

David & Kathy

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

21 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

w00t! Tomorrow morning, @DebMand I leave on a leisurely two-day drive to Hohenwald, Tennessee. Wednesday morning, we will take delivery of #1360, and stay two nights at Camp Oliver. Then two more nights just down the road at David Crockett State Park. We are beyond thrilled that this day is soon upon us, and thank all of you here for your encouragement, suggestions, and answers to endless questions!!

After DCSP, we head to Pine Mountain, Georgia, where we will spend three nights at the Callaway Gardens lodge with [name redacted] in the parking lot. As mentioned before, Deb is an avid vegetable and flower gardener, and decades long member of our local garden club. We visited Callaway Gardens 25 years ago, but missed the rhododendron and azalea blooming. Hopefully, we will be at peak bloom next week.

Then we will head home {unless a stop is needed at Oliver for any fixes) where we have several accessories to install before our spring/summer camping begins.

If anyone will be at Oliver Wednesday through Friday, stop and say "Hi!" We'll be in the white trailer. 😉

A new thread with delivery photos, our travels, and modifications will start soon!

Congratulations Steve and Deb! Now the fun begins in earnest. Sounds like you have a well thought out plan. That brings up a couple questions for me. We have a delivery date of April 18 based on the original invoice information. How accurate is that date and can we expect more of a window as far as pick up date? And with that question I wonder how late we can wait to make reservation at David Crocket not knowing the exact schedule at this point being three weeks out? Thanks for you help and most of all, enjoy and safe travels!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

5 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

Congratulations Steve and Deb! Now the fun begins in earnest. Sounds like you have a well thought out plan. That brings up a couple questions for me. We have a delivery date of April 18 based on the original invoice information. How accurate is that date and can we expect more of a window as far as pick up date? And with that question I wonder how late we can make reservation and David Crocket not knowing the exact schedule at this point being three weeks out? Thanks for you help and most of all, enjoy and safe travels!

Chris,

Our sales rep coordinated closely with us on the details of delivery day. Yours should as well. As you get closer to your delivery day your sales rep will email you confirming your delivery date other details and and hopefully info on a reservations at DCSP. 
Oliver usually has a few campsites set aside at David Crocket SP solely for new owners. Hopefully they are still doing this but you may want to ask your sales rep and confirm. We took delivery June 16, 2020 and we stayed at DCSP. We enjoyed this park.
I believe our first night at David Crockett was compliments of Oliver. You can add a few extra days on your dime. Think hard about staying a few extra days at DCSP  (highly recommended) this will give you time to give your Ollie a really good systems shakedown, push every button! If you have any “shake down” issues you can head right back to Oliver Service and get them addressed before heading home or beyond.

Your special day is right around the corner and approaching fast!

The team at a Oliver will go to great strides to get you taken care of, that I can tell you.

- David

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

Thanks for that David. I just didn't want to be constrained in any way and not be able to get a spot at DCSP. I don't know how much time Stace will get to spend with the initial shake down, but she'll be there with me 2-3 nights. I won't head back home until I'm comfortable with everything and confident every thing is up to par, within reason. Plus it will be a nice place to spend a few days this time of year. I'll check in with Josh White today and discuss the particulars. Thanks again!

• Like 3

States Visited Map

7 hours ago, Patriot said:

Oliver usually has a few campsites set aside at David Crocket SP solely for new owners.

Since Camp Oliver has been available,  I believe Oliver no longer reserves sites at DCSP.   Verify with your sales rep.

When we took delivery on November 10,  2022, we stayed one night at Camp Oliver, then 3 nights at DCSP.  We were glad we booked our DCSP site a couple of months in advance, because it was over a busy weekend.  I recommend booking ASAP.   You should be able to rely on the delivery date Oliver has specified.  If that changes, the DCSP cancellation fee is nominal.

• Like 4

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

2 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

Since Camp Oliver has been available,  I believe Oliver no longer reserves sites at DCSP.   Verify with your sales rep.

When we took delivery on November 10,  2022, we stayed one night at Camp Oliver, then 3 nights at DCSP.  We were glad we booked our DCSP site a couple of months in advance, because it was over a busy weekend.  I recommend booking ASAP.   You should be able to rely on the delivery date Oliver has specified.  If that changes, the DCSP cancellation fee is nominal.

Thanks for the tip. Went ahead and reserved three nights.

• Like 2

States Visited Map

48 minutes ago, Hokieman said:

If you want to test out your boondocking capabilities while in the area, there is a free space available National Park campground near Hoehenwald at milepost 385.9 on the Natchez Parkway.

Meriwether Lewis Campground

Will be checking this out while down there. Thanks!

• Like 3

States Visited Map

• Moderators

If you camp at dcsp after camp Oliver, your tanks should be empty and fresh water full.  However, if you need water at Meriwether it is available.  Just look at the water fountain closely and you will find a spigot where you can attach a hose.  The water fountain is located right in front of the campground restroom.

Bill

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Chris, after initial order, our delivery date changed one day, but that was because they stopped making Friday deliveries and had to move people around. We never heard anything else from our sales rep since ordering unless I emailed and called repeatedly. Needed to do that to get the VIN for insurance and hull number for the rally (Which Matt ended up getting since I never heard back.)

They schedule you one night at Camp Oliver  I called to see if I could add one one additional night  

We’re at DCSP over the weekend, and when I reserved early February, the river loop was full, and the other about half full. 

• Like 3

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

7 minutes ago, Steve Morris said:

Chris, after initial order, our delivery date changed one day, but that was because they stopped making Friday deliveries and had to move people around. We never heard anything else from our sales rep since ordering unless I emailed and called repeatedly. Needed to do that to get the VIN for insurance and hull number for the rally (Which Matt ended up getting since I never heard back.)

They schedule you one night at Camp Oliver  I called to see if I could add one one additional night  

We’re at DCSP over the weekend, and when I reserved early February, the river loop was full, and the other about half full. 

Thanks Steve, I didn't get hold of Josh today so I'll try tomorrow. I'll see if I can get an extra night at Oliver. If not I'll try my luck at Meriwether for a night or two. I'm reserved for DCSP Friday 21st - 23rd. From there I will either swing back by Oliver for anything on the punch list or heading north toward home. Appreciate everybody's help very much!

• Like 3

States Visited Map

• Moderators

That water source at Meriwether is located at 35.52419, -87.45465.

Note that there is no sewer dump nor electric but Hohenwald is only about 6 miles from this camp.

Bill

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Steve Morris said:

7:16 am, Wednesday March 29, 2023

Dear diary - So many butterflies!!

Congratulations!

A reminder to use your time the next 2 nights at Camp Oliver and over the weekend at David Crockett State Park to thoroughly inspect your new trailer.  Hopefully you will find, and have addressed by the Service crew in Hohenwald, any production oversights before you head back to Ohio. 

My detailed inspection checklist can be found here, posted on November 24, 2022:

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg