Thread for Isotherm Cruise 130 Elegance 2 way compressor fridge, the unit used in 2023 models.

John E Davies

Out of curiosity I submitted a ticket requesting a price to swap out my Norcold with the current Isotherm fridge. 

$5200!!!!!!!

I guess I will be doing it myself when the time comes. 😂

• Wow 3

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
30 minutes ago, Jps190 said:

Out of curiosity I submitted a ticket requesting a price to swap out my Norcold with the current Isotherm fridge. 

$5200!!!!!!!

Was it broken down into parts and labor? It actually sounds about right for a commercial installation. My private labor hours were literally countless. There is a lot of labor involved in getting the old unit out (door frame removal) plus hazmat disposal fee. I bet Oliver would cut out all the old structure and epoxy in place a new fiberglass frame and face piece. My parts alone (retail prices) were about $2200.  It is a really big job. I would not attempt it again, but mine has been stellar.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

36 minutes ago, Jps190 said:

No breakdown.  Just a price.

That is HIGHLY unprofessional and disappointing. It is a good data point I guess.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 7:51 PM, John E Davies said:

That is HIGHLY unprofessional and disappointing. It is a good data point I guess.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Current labor rate is $150/hr.  Might be able to back into it.  That said, they may price it so they don't have do it.

• Like 3

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• 1 year later...

John Davies-I see you posted this in Dec 23, I’m assuming you have it installed and up and running? If so what are your impressions? Our Norcold quit cooling and would like to replace with Isotherm. Your opinion would be valuable. Thanks 

image.jpeg.629cefc31fb199fb3bcb5b4bb11c2bf3.jpeg

• Moderators

@Kathy Tewart, John Davies sold his amazing Oliver about a year ago. Perhaps the new owner could tell you how it has worked for him.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

@Kathy Tewart The Isotherm Cruise 130 has functioned well.  As reported by several Oliver owners, the freezer is small but it meet my needs.  I have the Norcold in my 2017 Navion 24V and the Isotherm is much preferred. Temperature remains +or - 3 degrees F.   I  purchased a portable refrigerator as an adjunct to the Isotherm that travels well in my Ford F-150. The portable is capable of zero (0) degrees F however I have found I do not require the freezing temperatures as the portable keeps the Beer at the perfect temperature of 50 degrees F.    The Isotherm Cruise has been employed by many in Power and Sailboats.   John Davies did a spectacular  job engineering  and installation of the Isotherm.  I would suggest that you take the John Davies installation documentation to various installers and get a quote on the installation.  West Marine sells the Isotherm and surely they will assist if finding an installer. 

• Like 2

Legacy Elite II   Hull 218  TV  2023 Ford F-150 Lariat   2x4   5.0L Max Tow Pkg   Ham W8CB    South Central Michigan

3 hours ago, gbergh said:

@Kathy Tewart The Isotherm Cruise 130 has functioned well.  As reported by several Oliver owners, the freezer is small but it meet my needs.  I have the Norcold in my 2017 Navion 24V and the Isotherm is much preferred. Temperature remains +or - 3 degrees F.   I  purchased a portable refrigerator as an adjunct to the Isotherm that travels well in my Ford F-150. The portable is capable of zero (0) degrees F however I have found I do not require the freezing temperatures as the portable keeps the Beer at the perfect temperature of 50 degrees F.    The Isotherm Cruise has been employed by many in Power and Sailboats.   John Davies did a spectacular  job engineering  and installation of the Isotherm.  I would suggest that you take the John Davies installation documentation to various installers and get a quote on the installation.  West Marine sells the Isotherm and surely they will assist if finding an installer. 

Thank you for your input-I don’t want to put money into the Norcold when it never worked well in our hot weather (Houston TX). I assume you have a2023 or 2024 year model Ollie. I will definitely use the John Davies docs.

2 minutes ago, Kathy Tewart said:

Thank you for your input-I don’t want to put money into the Norcold when it never worked well in our hot weather (Houston TX). I assume you have a2023 or 2024 year model Ollie. I will definitely use the John Davies docs.

I purchased John Davies 2017 Oliver LEII,

• Like 3

Legacy Elite II   Hull 218  TV  2023 Ford F-150 Lariat   2x4   5.0L Max Tow Pkg   Ham W8CB    South Central Michigan

1 hour ago, Kathy Tewart said:

There are several folks and some threads on here about adding additional fans for the Norcold to help with cooling. That mod is not very expensive (under $100) and has helped considerably for the cooling problems. 

I have purchased some fans and will e installing them before we head out soon for some trips.

• Like 1

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

35 minutes ago, Shawna and Scott said:

There are several folks and some threads on here about adding additional fans for the Norcold to help with cooling. That mod is not very expensive (under $100) and has helped considerably for the cooling problems. 

I have purchased some fans and will e installing them before we head out soon for some trips.

Thanks for the reply