Thread for Isotherm Cruise 130 Elegance 2 way compressor fridge, the unit used in 2023 models.

I pulled my old 3 way fridge out yesterday and was so disgusted, that I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade.

Here is a good description of the unit,

https://reparadise.co/product/isotherm-cruise-130-elegance/?attribute_power=AC%2FDC&attribute_fridge-finish=Black

Isotherm home page with manuals.

https://www.indelwebastomarine.com/us/products/product/show/cruise-130/

I would appreciate any detailed closeups from current owners of the installation, and alsoany from those who have fitted one into an older hull.

Can we keep this thread as a general discussion of this model? I will post a separate How To thread when I am done.

Thanks

John Davies

Spokane WA

C243156D-E6AA-4572-9B0D-5A315A192271.png

0D1D4B3B-6E94-4ACE-BA57-A8963EEB610F.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel.

• Moderators

Some comments on our choice and install, five years ago.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. Dc compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

42 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Some comments on our choice and install, five years ago.

@SeaDawg Too funny, every time you mentioned the “truck fridge” I was thinking you had an Isotherm in the back of your TV as an additional fridge like I have a Truma in my truck.  Never would have guessed you had a truck fridge in the Ollie.

Looks good - I like the drawer but I also like the additional height of the Cruise 130 with the interior drawer.

Brian

Brian and Brandelyne

Paris, TN

2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L V-8 (Gas), 10 Speed, FX4, Max Tow Package, Firestone Airbags

2023 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Tail # TN 23-1351, Expected Delivery Date 3/08/2023

• Moderators

If you check the specs, the tf130 and isotherm   cruise 130 are pretty much identical dimensions. Interior layouts, including the low drawer, which i love, are the same 

The tf 130 is made for land/trucks, so no coast guard approval. No rvia approval. Less stainless, probably more galvanized. 

As we own a very early trailer, we can do as we wish, and did the install ourselves. Oliver can't.  They have to meet rvia standards.

I've seen both, and the isotherm model has better door insulation. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. Dc compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

D9230C07-38D0-4FDB-8B76-EA219D55C03D.thumb.jpeg.865c881943c85ab459b1e3c0aea0e85d.jpeg

Isotherm Intelligent Temperature Control

It sounds very interesting, I just ordered one. Free shipping and no Washington sales tax (9%) from that vendor, woohoo.  I don’t know if Oliver installs these on the 2023 hulls, any comments?

• Up to 25% energy savings solely due to compressor efficiency gains
  • Up to 40% energy savings with combined effect of cold energy surplus stored in food / drinks

Basically it controls compressor speed and it will “supercool” the food when a surplus of energy is available (solar) and it idles the rpm way down or off when the batteries take over the load. Plus you don’t have to open the door to make changes, which always dumps cold air out onto your toes. I can see myself keeping some extra big bottles of water or soda in there for more thermal mass…. LOTS of info here including docs and a video

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=4161337

It looks quite nice and the installation is very simple, the hardest part is drilling 1” holes to make the flush mount opening.

A76747E1-EC46-4D4D-966A-CFE5FF280DE6.thumb.jpeg.c6f3d6c21ec3ab87a628921c2b708fe4.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

14 hours ago, John E Davies said:

don’t know if Oliver installs these on the 2023 hulls, any comments?

John - I have looked closely at this Isotherm for the last six months and have never seen/heard of this item. It sounds like a nice product and I am interested but not sure of what level of integration I am willing to endure for a brand-new trailer (in March).

Thanks for the share, very interesting.

Brian

• Like 1

Brian and Brandelyne

Paris, TN

2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L V-8 (Gas), 10 Speed, FX4, Max Tow Package, Firestone Airbags

2023 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Tail # TN 23-1351, Expected Delivery Date 3/08/2023

• Moderators

I wish indel/isotherm offered this as an upgrade, with the order.

I know I'd be sad drilling holes into a brand new fridge. Plus the extensive work of deinstall/reinstall.

Good for you, ordering before install. 

• Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

4 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

I know I'd be sad drilling holes into a brand new fridge. Plus the extensive work of deinstall/reinstall.

That's exactly what I was thinking when John posted this. I haven't even picked up my trailer yet and considering yanking the fridge! Slow down there, Steve!!

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 5X8 Hiker Highway Deluxe Squaredrop Trailer
2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 on order - due March 29, 2023

Facebook - Instagram

47 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

That video is for an older analog version, not the new digital Intelligent one. The old one does indeed require lots of work. The new one needs a single hole in the fridge I think. Not counting the holes to mount the display, I am going to put mine under the microwave.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve and Deb said:

I haven't even picked up my trailer yet and considering yanking the fridge! Slow down there, Steve!!

I had the same crazy thought before we picked our 2022 Elite II in November, but with regard to a compressor fridge rather than adding an Isotherm Intelligent Temperature Control!  After learning about absorption fridge RV fires, and that Oliver is putting compressor refrigerators in the 2023 models, I asked if a compressor fridge could be installed in our 2022.  Nope, because the compressor fridge requires a different Elite II hull design, and we didn't want to incur the substantial additional expense of going with a 2023.

So, I determined to see how the Norcold absorption fridge performed in our Oliver, then consider swapping it out for a compressor fridge down the road.  For the 10 days we used it in Tennessee and driving home to Idaho last November in cold temps, the Norcold performed well.  Time will tell how it performs in warmer ambient temps. 

I agree with you:  see how the compressor fridge performs before deciding whether to add the Intelligent Temperature Control.

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

spacer.png

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

That video is for an older analog version, not the new digital Intelligent one. The old one does indeed require lots of work. The new one needs a single hole in the fridge I think. Not counting the holes to mount the display, I am going to put mine under the microwave.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Someone should let west marine know. I pulled that from their website today. Via YouTube.

https://www.westmarine.com/isotherm-cruise-130-elegance-black-4.6-cu.ft.-ac-dc-black-door-3-sided-flange-18609503.html

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I did it just now. I had to consent to being contacted, that is OK since the fridge is coming from there and I am already getting hammered with emails....

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1