Hello from Alabama!

shhQuiet

Steve

Welcome to the Oliver family. You made a great decision in following through with your order.

Soon you will need to decide on colors and other options just prior to Oliver starting your build.

Since you live in the south, I would suggest that your consider the Truma AC package. It is a lot quieter than the standard AC unit.

• Like 4

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

"Aww, you asked for it!  She was my late mother-in-law’s dog first, then my wife took her and now it’s just me and her. She is my special buddy for sure. 8 year old toy poodle and she weighs 8 pounds 😂"

She looks perfect for traveling with you in your Oliver . . . cute as a button . . . compact size . . . non shedding . . . and those EARS!!

If you don't have one already, you'll need a nice doggy bed for her to ride along in.  There are lots of types to chose from for her size and your F150.  I have two types for Bosker, one clips into the seatbelt on the passenger's side and the other straps to the console.  Bosker seems to prefer riding on the console so he is closer to me and can clean the earwax out of my right ear whenever he wants.  (eeeewww)

So, what's her name?

• Like 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

57 minutes ago, bugeyedriver said:

"Aww, you asked for it!  She was my late mother-in-law’s dog first, then my wife took her and now it’s just me and her. She is my special buddy for sure. 8 year old toy poodle and she weighs 8 pounds 😂"

She looks perfect for traveling with you in your Oliver . . . cute as a button . . . compact size . . . non shedding . . . and those EARS!!

If you don't have one already, you'll need a nice doggy bed for her to ride along in.  There are lots of types to chose from for her size and your F150.  I have two types for Bosker, one clips into the seatbelt on the passenger's side and the other straps to the console.  Bosker seems to prefer riding on the console so he is closer to me and can clean the earwax out of my right ear whenever he wants.  (eeeewww)

So, what's her name?

Her name is Oreo!  That photo was taken when I was picking her up from the groomer, so her ears were extra fluffy 😁

She usually rides in her “travel” bed and I just ordered a neoprene console cover to keep her nails from digging in. 

I really do like the non-shedding aspect with poodles, the downside is that their fur just keeps growing and growing, so getting a clip is required. I usually take her to the groomer when i can’t see her eyes anymore 😂

A7AE349B-1FC6-49BE-9CA1-6F3D7EE3D6B6.thumb.jpeg.58fb36f060a21c8d0118121b037a8e56.jpeg

• Like 4

2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #1405, "Rocinante"  TV: 2022 F-150 5.0 V8 4x4

States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

3 hours ago, dewdev said:

Since you live in the south, I would suggest that your consider the Truma AC package. It is a lot quieter than the standard AC unit.

I agree with you- I opted for the Truma AC and water heater 👍

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Bryan in NC said:

Just a thought, and others will need to chime in on whether it’s okay, but the annual rally in held in your neck of the woods.  Although your trailer won’t be ready in time, perhaps you could still visit and meet some fellow Oliver owners?

Great idea! Then you can put names to faces. Even better is Bill's suggestion to stay at the lodge.

Since we will be new owners at the rally, I've been compiling camp sites with members here and on the Facebook groups. That way I know who to be sure to see, and who to avoid. 😉 It's in the first post in this thread, but I'm sure it will grow as May approaches.

• Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

2 hours ago, shhQuiet said:

I agree with you- I opted for the Truma AC and water heater 👍

You also get the Truma Varioheat heater in that Truma package.  That's a nice furnace that has variable furnace fan settings.  With our old furnace it was either full on or off until the thermostat turned it to heat again.  The Truma just turns the fan speed down and keeps the trailer at a constant heat.

John

• Like 3

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Hello ShhQuiet, i have just skimmed this stream and noted that you may need an Andersen Hitch. I have one lightly used  that you may have at no charge. It has been holding  down the cement slab in my shop since i got my F250 in 2019.  The hitch will be free but shipping could be a big number (weighs around 60 LBS+ packaging)  and would be at your cost.  The hitch cost something like $570+ new. Shipping would be from California / zip code 95519 if you want to investigate the cost of freight.  I will give you the right of first refusal then anyone else needing the hitch may have it. Please let me know if you wish to have the hitch.

And congratulations, you have purchased a fine trailer. 

• Like 5

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

On 2/18/2023 at 10:14 PM, taylor.coyote said:

Hello ShhQuiet, i have just skimmed this stream and noted that you may need an Andersen Hitch. I have one lightly used  that you may have at no charge. It has been holding  down the cement slab in my shop since i got my F250 in 2019.  The hitch will be free but shipping could be a big number (weighs around 60 LBS+ packaging)  and would be at your cost.  The hitch cost something like $570+ new. Shipping would be from California / zip code 95519 if you want to investigate the cost of freight.  I will give you the right of first refusal then anyone else needing the hitch may have it. Please let me know if you wish to have the hitch.

And congratulations, you have purchased a fine trailer. 

Wow that is a very generous offer!  If I had a bit more experience with hitches and towing, I would take you up on it, but considering I’ll be picking it up in Hohenwald and towing back to Birmingham, if feel more secure having Oliver do the setup. I’d hate to screw something up for my maiden tow!

• Like 2

No problem. You will be on a steep learning curve. Some coaching from the staff will lower the hurdles.  I purchased my trailer used and when through the learning curve without much help.  You will likely thank yourself for simplifying your life with the hitch. best of luck. You are off on what can be a great adventure.

• Like 2

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

On 2/17/2023 at 10:39 AM, shhQuiet said:

Hi everyone, my name is Steve and I have placed my order for a Legacy Elite II and the estimated delivery is June 20th.

I have done very little RV camping, but it has been a plan for many years.  My wife and I used to dream about retiring and traveling the country in an RV.  Sadly, she passed away before we could realize that dream.  I am 64 and planning on retiring once I hit the magic 65 in September.

In December, I purchased my tow vehicle.   Took a trip up to Hohenwald a couple of weeks ago and met with Jason at Oliver.  I  toured the factory and pulled the trigger on the new trailer.  Still have a lot of learning to do-- there are days and days of videos on YouTube about Olivers and also just RVing in general so I've been binging those 😄

Really looking forward to this summer when me and my pup will hit the road!

IMG_4006.jpeg

Hello Steve! How exciting to have placed your order!  And up coming retirement.  I will be placing my order this year also.  My retirement is still a few years away but I absolutely love the RV lifestyle.  TV shopping these next few weeks.  Test drove a Ford 2500 today!  Good luck on your coming adventures! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shhQuiet said:

Wow that is a very generous offer!  If I had a bit more experience with hitches and towing, I would take you up on it, but considering I’ll be picking it up in Hohenwald and towing back to Birmingham, if feel more secure having Oliver do the setup. I’d hate to screw something up for my maiden tow!

You could still take taylor.coyote up on his generous offer and simply take the hitch with you when you pick your Oliver up.  The guys/gal in Service would be more than happy to install it for you and set it up properly.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"