ASA Voyager Camera

topgun2

• Moderators

Unfortunately, my ASA Voyager rearview camera developed a leak which cause moisture to collect inside the housing.  This, in turn, caused the camera view to be "foggy" and/or virtually non-usable.

Via email I contacted ASA's customer relations area and they advised me to send the camera in to be examined.  I removed it from the Ollie, boxed it up and put it in the mail 6 days ago.  Today, I received a new camera via FedEx.  That is what I call great service!.

Unfortunately, ASA didn't include a tech in the package to do the re-install!  However, that process has got to be a bunch easier than getting the old one off the Oliver in the first place.😊

Like Oliver, these guys take Service to the point it should be and this makes what could have been a very disappointing situation into an almost pleasant one.

Bill

• Like 7

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

25 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Unfortunately, my ASA Voyager rearview camera developed a leak which cause moisture to collect inside the housing.  This, in turn, caused the camera view to be "foggy" and/or virtually non-usable.

Via email I contacted ASA's customer relations area and they advised me to send the camera in to be examined.  I removed it from the Ollie, boxed it up and put it in the mail 6 days ago.  Today, I received a new camera via FedEx.  That is what I call great service!.

Unfortunately, ASA didn't include a tech in the package to do the re-install!  However, that process has got to be a bunch easier than getting the old one off the Oliver in the first place.😊

Like Oliver, these guys take Service to the point it should be and this makes what could have been a very disappointing situation into an almost pleasant one.

Bill

Bill,

That is great news! Now you will be back at keeping an 👁️on things while on the super slab! 😊

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Bill, which model do you have?

Good question, Mike.

I'm not sure of the model number but it is the camera without the "hood" over the top and the antenna comes straight up off the back of the camera housing.  Does the picture below help?

P1030250.JPG

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

@topgun2: Same here.  Researching for model number ATM...

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

3 minutes ago, mossemi said:

This is the rear view camera on hull 193:

Mossey

Ah! @mossemi - beat me to it, brother! HA!

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• 3 months later...

I have the same camera system and just ordered a new camera at Amazon, WVCMS130AP.  I checked my manual to confirm.

My camera was also full of water.  I tried drying it out and using plumber's grease on the seal ,in hopes it would come back to life (no fog),  it didn't work.  There is only a fairly solid white image on the monitor, but the camera is transmitting - yay!?

I don't know what to expect in regards to the wiring.  Do I get to it from the inside rear-upper cabinet space, or pull the wire seal from the outside?

image.png.8b31f7bf560ab03d12cf71dcfe14985b.png

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wayfinder said:

I don't know what to expect in regards to the wiring.  Do I get to it from the inside rear-upper cabinet space, or pull the wire seal from the outside?

See my reply to your other post about the camera.

The wiring can be accessed via the attic.  You will need to remove the two self tapping screws/bolts at the bottom of the left (curbside) panel and pull down the insulation.  You should be able to locate where the wires from the camera come through the roof.  Follow those wires about a foot to 18 inches and you should come to the pin connector I mention in the other post.

Bill

• Like 3