Pulsing Under Cabinet LED Lights

GAP

The touch activated LED puck over our sink is pulsing pretty badly.  Uneven blinking as if there is a short but does not seem to react to rocking the trailer.  Currently still works but feels like it may fail sometime.  Has anyone had this issue and, if so, how did you fix?  It is pop riveted into the underside of the cabinet so I'd assume that switching the unit out is going to require some drilling?!?

• Like 1

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

There have been numerous posts concerning a variety of issues with these "touch" lights.

Your best bet would be to open a service ticket.

I'd bet that you are looking at replacing this light.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Three of mine stopped working all together, and two were dim and wouldn’t shut off . This happened simultaneously … So I opened a ticket, and ended up replacing all of them, which wasn’t a big project..

• Like 3

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

4 hours ago, GAP said:

The touch activated LED puck over our sink is pulsing pretty badly.  Uneven blinking as if there is a short but does not seem to react to rocking the trailer.  Currently still works but feels like it may fail sometime.  Has anyone had this issue and, if so, how did you fix?  It is pop riveted into the underside of the cabinet so I'd assume that switching the unit out is going to require some drilling?!?

I sent you a PM..glad to help out in any way I can. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

21 hours ago, Patriot said:

I sent you a PM..glad to help out in any way I can. 

Patriot🇺🇸

Much appreciated Patriot.  I tried to give you a call and will follow up soon.  Sounds like I simply need to switch the unit out so have ordered a couple from Oliver and looking forward to getting a peek behind the curtain from you.

• Like 1

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

• Moderators

You "could" change them out with switched puck units (non-dimmable)  like the older Oliver Elites, but it would get pricey.

I have a couple spares left from the old days, but they're really expensive now. I'm seeing 24 to 35 bucks for a single marine grade 12 v switched puck light in chrome.

They used to be $8 or so each. Back in the day...

Screenshot_20230816_164729_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 hours ago, GAP said:

Much appreciated Patriot.  I tried to give you a call and will follow up soon.  Sounds like I simply need to switch the unit out so have ordered a couple from Oliver and looking forward to getting a peek behind the curtain from you.

Make sure Oliver sends you the rivets with the lights, and you will need a rivet gun. 👍🏻

The last two PL’s I purchased did not have the rivets in the bag. 😕

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg