2024 model year minor changes..

Galway Girl

13 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Can you give us a bit more detail on this?

Can this window be opened?  By "single pane" do you mean that it is a single pane of glass and not an insulated double pane of glass?  Or, do you mean that the "single pane" does not have a slider opening?  Or, something else?  Would you have a picture of it?

Bill

Mine is a full pane hinged at the top with no screen ither than the shade that pulls up and down. Im fairly certain it is dual pane but i will check tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
38 minutes ago, Jason Foster said:

Mine is a full pane hinged at the top with no screen ither than the shade that pulls up and down. Im fairly certain it is dual pane but i will check tomorrow. 

The one I saw in the showroom seems identical. It does open out and still serves as the emergency exit. I assume that all of the windows are double pane. I don’t remember seeing a mechanism to keep it open at any particular angle. I think it is just made to be either closed, or to easily get out of the way for someone climbing out. I didn’t notice any writing or decals on it - just a nice open view. 

• Like 2

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

Ozzie and Ruby - 2 Havanese characters

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

’23 F-250 RapidRed KR 7.3 Godzilla

8 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

Jason post up a photo if you don’t mind. No screen, hmmmm a bummer. We use our rear window screen a lot for a nice breezy cross ventilation. I am surprised to hear no screen.

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Our older Ollies have an awning rear  window (no slider, hinged at the top). There is a handle at the bottom to open, and it can be left open a few inches in the rain. The only negative us that the handle juts out enough that the shade cannot be completely closed, and cannot be operated from the bottom, just the top, unlike the rest of the shades.

Ours do have a screen. It's an absolute PITA to remove and reinstall when cleaning, but it's a screen. 

Most rv windows come with a screen. I wonder if yours was accidentally left off?

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

20 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Ours do have a screen. It's an absolute PITA to remove and reinstall when cleaning, but it's a screen. 

We have the screen on Hull 45 too but it's almost unusable due to the window latch and latch hardware being in the way when trying to raise or lower it.

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• Moderators

I'm also glad to hear the new models have individual switches, instead of touch lights. Our older, first generation all had individually switched overhead lights. Unfortunately,  they were not led, and got pretty hot, but most of us switched out the bulbs for led after awhile. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, CRM said:

We have the screen on Hull 45 too but it's almost unusable due to the window latch and latch hardware being in the way when trying to raise or lower it.

I know, right? And since we only remove the screen a few times a year to clean, it's a memory test every time to get just the right slight twist and get it into place. 

I'll take it, though, over a slider any day. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 hours ago, Patriot said:

Jason post up a photo if you don’t mind. No screen, hmmmm a bummer. We use our rear window screen a lot for a nice breezy cross ventilation. I am surprised to hear no screen.

I got some photos of the rear window. It is double paned. 

IMG_3216.thumb.jpeg.05805b9b13b00e8d14601be4370d280f.jpeg

Looks like the track where a screen could go here:

IMG_3219.thumb.jpeg.f8a236d8f7bee451779a9fa7ac74d675.jpeg

But it is blocked by the handles. The removal of the screen is obviously a safety feature providing access to the big red handles. 
IMG_3218.thumb.jpeg.ad651f67161164dbe0f8f1694c4d5eab.jpeg

IMG_3217.jpeg

• Thanks 5
  • Like 3

On 1/6/2024 at 10:20 AM, Jason Foster said:

I got some photos of the rear window. It is double paned. 
IMG_3216.thumb.jpeg.05805b9b13b00e8d14601be4370d280f.jpeg

Our 2016 OE2 has a screen, and I took it out and put in storage (we really don't have flying bugs out here 11 months of the year, only in August when monsoon rains are heavy). Also, 3 screened windows we feel is often enough for cross-ventilation.

I would LOVE to have this clear view window instead! Wanna trade? 🤣
Ours is a slider and likely no past owners used it because it is a BEAR to open!

I'm thinking how do you add a screen to a full-length safety exit window? You have to be able to reach the handles. Does anybody have this style window with a screen? If so, please post a picture.

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

2 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

Our 2016 OE2 has a screen, and I took it out and put in storage (we really don't have flying bugs out here 11 months of the year, only in August when monsoon rains are heavy). Also, 3 screened windows we feel is often enough for cross-ventilation.

I would LOVE to have this clear view window instead! Wanna trade? 🤣
Ours is a slider and likely no past owners used it because it is a BEAR to open!

This back window is really nice and clear.  Opening it is actually easier than any of the sliders.  However, I doubt I will ever open it because of bugs in east Texas.  The other windows, as you mentioned, and door screen will provide amazing cross ventilation, especially combined with the Maxx air.  

7 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

I'm thinking how do you add a screen to a full-length safety exit window? You have to be able to reach the handles. Does anybody have this style window with a screen? If so, please post a picture.

I imagine a frame could be made to leave the handles out but would need quite a bit of metals fab and foam to keep the pests out.  

• Like 3

Yeah, I get it @Jason Foster, since we lived East of the great Mississippi most of our lives. Mosquitoes in the upper Midwest are so large they have "stewardess on board" and the mosquitoes in Texas are nasty small, can hardly see them, but the bite is even worse! Down in FL where @SeaDawg and others here live, the flying bugs are as large as the hundreds of hummingbirds we have out here! Life and career moved us from IL, to VA, AZ, TX, S FL, and back again in AZ for the last 6 years, and we're not moving anymore. Hoping to visit Texas again in 2025 and meet many of you along the way in the "great state of Texas!" 

I'd say enter a service ticket, though I do not have much experience with this, since we bought an older used Oliver.
Maybe OTT owes you a screen.
Next, like you asked and I wrote before...
Does anybody have a picture of a rear awning style window with a screen?
We would all love to see it. Thank you

11 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

I'd say enter a service ticket, though I do not have much experience with this, since we bought an older used Oliver.
Maybe OTT owes you a screen.

They don't.  I asked Hannah about it during delivery, and she said it was a deliberate choice to leave the screen off so that the window can be opened quickly in an emergency.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

she said it was a deliberate choice to leave the screen off so that the window can be opened quickly in an emergency.  

I'd question that remark due to the fact that the previous "slider" window had a screen that could be considered a hindrance to getting to the "red handles" that are also used to open that window for "emergency purposes".

By the looks of it I'd be willing to bet that the manufacturer of that window makes a screen for it.

And, with regards to any of these windows being "blocked" by a screen - I know what I'm doing if I really have to get out of that window!

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

In @Jason Foster's photos above, what appears to be a screen track means the screen would have to be removed to operate the handles, and reinstalled after opening window. I'd sure like to know what type of window this is. 

The opening handle is very different from our older first gen elite windows, and appears to be in a different position. 

Screenshot_20240108_092514_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240108_092020_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

...And, with regards to any of these windows being "blocked" by a screen - I know what I'm doing if I really have to get out of that window! Bill

I know exactly what we are doing too, we're going to use the main door! 🤣

I cannot fathom a scenario where I would use that window. If there was a kitchen fire, we'd certainly get past the fire quickly and use the door. Could another vehicle hit the Oliver, blocking the door while we are inside? Could the Oliver just roll over right, while we are in it? Maybe an earthquake or Sunami would have to be involved? It is a legal requirement for a second exit, but I believe I would have more injuries just getting out of that d@mn window than from anything else. It's not something that keeps us up at night.

@Jason Foster if it was me, given the need you expressed, I would just build my own screen, even if it caused a few more seconds to remove it in an emergency.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jd1923 said:

I cannot fathom a scenario where I would use that window.

There was at least one owner that had a "problem" with the door lock which prevented them from being able to operate it.  I believe that that was a problem with the "electronic lock" and not the door itself - but - that is at least one situation where this rear "emergency" window came in handy.

Bill

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I'll bet if we get the manufacturer and model # of the window, that there is a screen available. If it must go out  and back in to operate the window, its likely made to do so easily. We have to do that with the boat's portlights. They hinge from the top, too. Some swing in, some swing out. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Thanks Bill, that is a scenario I had not thought of. Still, before I'm climbing out that window, I'd be removing the door lock which is simple enough from inside. There is nothing urgent in this scenario, so take your time. It's a good idea to have a small "Oliver toolbox." I have one on the floor of the closet, besides the one in the truck with the big tools.

And someone would have to climb back in that window to fix the door lock!

Edited by jd1923
Added last sentence.

• Moderators

Idk. Even though our elite is pretty small inside, it's nice to know I could get out the window by the bed if the door were obstructed by a fire, and I  couldn't put out the fire.

Our screen is a PITA to remove properly,  but it would pop out (damaged) in a heartbeat with a fist. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

5 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I'd question that remark due to the fact that the previous "slider" window had a screen that could be considered a hindrance to getting to the "red handles" that are also used to open that window for "emergency purposes".

By the looks of it I'd be willing to bet that the manufacturer of that window makes a screen for it.

And, with regards to any of these windows being "blocked" by a screen - I know what I'm doing if I really have to get out of that window!

Bill

Season 6 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jd1923 said:

I know exactly what we are doing too, we're going to use the main door! 🤣

I cannot fathom a scenario where I would use that window. If there was a kitchen fire, we'd certainly get past the fire quickly and use the door. Could another vehicle hit the Oliver, blocking the door while we are inside? Could the Oliver just roll over right, while we are in it? Maybe an earthquake or Sunami would have to be involved? It is a legal requirement for a second exit, but I believe I would have more injuries just getting out of that d@mn window than from anything else. It's not something that keeps us up at night.

@Jason Foster if it was me, given the need you expressed, I would just build my own screen, even if it caused a few more seconds to remove it in an emergency.

I agree with everything you just said.  Why would I EVER need to use that window?  If someone breaks in, while I am in my trailer, they will not see tomorrow, and a fire on the stove would be put out quickly.  I do like the clarity of the window without a screen though.  It is like a big picture window at the back.  I plan to see what this summer is like with the other windows open to see if I even need a screen back there.

37 minutes ago, Jason Foster said:

I agree with everything you just said.  Why would I EVER need to use that window?  If someone breaks in, while I am in my trailer, they will not see tomorrow, and a fire on the stove would be put out quickly.  I do like the clarity of the window without a screen though.  It is like a big picture window at the back.  I plan to see what this summer is like with the other windows open to see if I even need a screen back there.

YES, we're thinkin' along the same lines! Since ours is a slider, the view is not as nice as yours. I removed our half screen for a better view, and it will sit in the back of the Oliver trunk, just in case my wife asks one day to open that window!

• Like 2

If it were me, I would see if Oliver would try order a screen from the supplier. Or I would find out who the supplier is and call them.
We like the option of leaving the dinette window/screen slightly open and the rear exit window screen open when camped. We turn the max air fan on low and it just provides a really nice breeze. There likely will be times when you may want both your bed side windows and privacy shades closed due to annoying CG lights, car lights or a neighbor who is afraid of the dark and leaves his porch light on all night. There is no shortage of campers leaving lights on all night. 
Our privacy shades and screened rear window came in super handy last year during our 6000 mile western trip. Looking back, we used our rear screen window a lot. I like options, options are nice.

• Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Patriot said:

. I like options, options are nice.

Agreed.

We honestly only use the rear awning window when it's raining, and then only sometimes.

However, I do love the view from our big window in the rear, no divider.

So many of our best views, in back-in spots, are through the rear window. Lakes, mountains,  rivers...  We've been fortunate to explore so much of what our country has to offer, (and, a shout out to Canada, as well!)

I'd never entertain a camper without a big rear view, in my experience. 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

However, I do love the view from our big window in the rear, no divider.

So many of our best views, in back-in spots, are through the rear window. Lakes, mountains,  rivers...  We've been fortunate to explore so much of what our country has to offer, (and, a shout out to Canada, as well!)

I'd never entertain a camper without a big rear view, in my experience. 

Absolutely this.