Idalia

topgun2

• Moderators

Good luck to all of you located in Florida, Georgia and South/North Carolina.

Please be safe!

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Good luck to you, too. Idalia seems to be quite indecisive in her chosen path. 

Be careful,  folks. Floridians have grown to loathe storms beginning with the letter "I."

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Good luck to all of you located in Florida, Georgia and South/North Carolina.

Please be safe!

Bill

Thanks! We're loading up the Ollie right now just in case we need to make a quick getaway! We live a stones throw from Tampa Bay so the odds of that hsppening are fairly high..

• Like 3
  • Care 1
  • Wow 2

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Good luck to you, too. Idalia seems to be quite indecisive in her chosen path. 

From all of the spaghetti plots I'm seeing it would appear that this storm will be way to the east of us here in Western North Carolina.  I'm guessing that we will not even see very much rain (if any) from this thing.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

@CRM, as you likely know, we'll be on the surge side of the storm, this time.

Take care.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

20 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

@CRM, as you likely know, we'll be on the surge side of the storm, this time.

Take care.

Same to you!

• Like 3

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

I'll be wishing the best for you down there. I'm in touch with my brother who is staying at my place this summer. Hopefully it won't impact anyone as much as last year's Ian the Terrible.

• Like 3
  • Care 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

2024.04.29 - ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYBBBBBBsm.jpg

FYI:  We arrived Pensacola, FL last night for our anniversary week excursion (sans Casablanca) we do every year to a different location.  Planned this one eight months ago - the goal is to dive on the USS Oriskany tomorrow.  We're quite west of the spaghetti plots but storm surges in the gulf may be an issue....  We'll know more by this afternoon.

• Like 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Please put those folks in the big bend area of Florida in your thoughts and prayers. It's a very unusual path for a hurricane, and who knows how many are prepared. I don't remember a hurricane  headed for them, ever before.

• Like 1
  • Care 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Water surge is too high at the USS Oriskany dive site - we've been notified by the dive shop that we've been cancelled.  No biggie, we'll come back for it another time...  Not traveling light, but a beautiful day here in P-cola otherwise!

image.thumb.jpeg.8d5dac08c1b220f54632221a4bfd3114.jpeg

• 2022 TUNDRA

Funny you should show the bags you brought.

My wife can not pack light. I will have one bag and a backpack. My wife will have 3 bags, a backpack and a large canvas carry bag. 

We hope the hurricane does not cause a lot of hardship. Good Luck out there.

• Thanks 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

22 minutes ago, dewdev said:

I will have one bag and a backpack. My wife will have 3 bags, a backpack and a large canvas carry bag. 

Exactly right, D's friend uses this same equation when traveling also...  No biggie.  HA!

• 2022 TUNDRA

• Moderators

From what I'm presently seeing - it looks like FLA is getting hammered.

Thank goodness this storm is moving quickly which "should" lessen the destruction.

Note that GA is already getting hit too.

Hopefully all of the Family is safe.

Bill

• Care 1

Near Asheville, NC

56 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

From what I'm presently seeing - it looks like FLA is getting hammered.

Thank goodness this storm is moving quickly which "should" lessen the destruction.

Note that GA is already getting hit too.

Hopefully all of the Family is safe.

Bill

We got lucky here in South Tampa. Some flooding but it could have been much, much worse. Had at least 6 vehicles suck water into their engines trying to drive down my street, but luckily my house and driveway are several feet above the roadway and my truck and Ollie stayed high and dry. Why they kept coming when they could plainly see other cars were already stuck I'll never know... 2 hours later it was bone dry.

1000000514.jpeg

• Sad 1

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, CRM said:

Why they kept coming when they could plainly see other cars were already stuck I'll never know... 2 hours later it was bone dry.

"Turn around - Don't drown"

• Like 3

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

CRM - I've heard from a couple of FLA Ollie owners who are also OK.  One is in the Tampa area and the other is inland from there.

Hopefully any that are north of you are OK too.

Bill

• Like 1

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

All ok here. 

I don't get it either, @CRM. People need to make a plan, and stick with it. Evacuate when necessary, not after the water is high. Emergency personnel are often unable to help in these sad situations.  

Let's all give our thoughts and prayers to those folks with the biggest (and continuing) impact of this huge storm. Idalia is leaving a path of devastation across the southeast.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I've heard from a couple of FLA Ollie owners who are also OK

I'm okay (I'm on the road) and my home is okay too -- reports from home base in Lee County FL are of minimal flooding, nothing compared to last year. My brother reported that the wind was not bad either.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

2024.04.29 - ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYBBBBBBsm.jpg

We got a little rain and no wind here in Western NC, our friends at who live on Marco Island said it was a gorgeous day there today. Appears all is calm, more hype than ever from the news weather heads.

Onward!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg