Tow Vehicle

HDRider

Please see our signature below.  The truck has a 3.73 rear and a 2,571 payload.  Thanks for putting this together!

Bryan & Sondra

2023 Elite II Twin Bed, Hull #1358

2022 F-150 5.0L, long bed w/ Heavy Duty Payload, Max Tow, and FX4 packages

• 4 weeks later...
travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
On 2/15/2024 at 7:54 AM, HDRider said:

I could not do PDF.  My version of Excel is old.

This is the best I could do.

Tow Vehicles.htm 10.14 kB · 23 downloads

when you go into PRINT, can you 'print to PDF', then it will ask for a file name?

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

16 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

when you go into PRINT, can you 'print to PDF', then it will ask for a file name?

That worked.  Thanks

Here is the latest version

Tow Vehicles.pdf

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello friends. I’m still new to this forum and still exploring all the great intel here. All you folks are way more experienced than I am. We still are not Oliver owners yet but are using this forum as a basis of information. 
My question here is after reading HD RIDERs very extensive compilation of tow vehicles, mine was not included. Which made me wonder about its ability to tow a LE II competently. Just last year we purchased a 2023 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve 4x4 not so much as a tow vehicle for an Oliver but for my boat. Our priorities have now changed as we’ve sold our boat and are looking forward to exploring having an Oliver as our home away from home. We plan, as of now anyway, to use the Andersen Hitch and are only planning short getaways for maybe a week around the southeast ( not climbing the Rockies or pounding our way to Alaska, just yet ). Your opinions will be greatly appreciated and noted. 

• Moderators

I'm sure you'll be fine, considering the two capacity, with an Andersen.

I think there is at least one person here towing with a Titan XD, but I can't remember who. I'll see if I can find him or her for you.

Since Nissan only sold about 40,000 Titans  over the last two years (compare to 750,000 f-series in 2023 alone), it's not too surprising that we don't see much about them.

I'm sure you're enjoying that 5 year warranty, and Nissan's great, comfortable seats. One of my friends tows her casita with a Nissan Frontier, and she loves it. 

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

So, at least three Titan tow vehicles in our forum group. Imelda (Titan SV) and RoadLotus and KennyandPenny tow with Titan XDs. I was surprised to find that many. You could pm them for more info on their experiences. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

4 hours ago, Against The Wind said:

we purchased a 2023 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve 4x4 not so much as a tow vehicle for an Oliver but for my boat.

Nice truck, but I can't see it handling very well in the water... 🦆🚣‍♂️

• Haha 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Perhaps even more important is the load capacity - how much stuff can it carry?

Find the sticker inside the driver's door jam and then add up your hitch weight, plus all the other things you carry (like people,  dogs, equipment in the bed, etc.) and compare those two numbers.  Most 1/2 trucks have a "limited" capacity in this regard.

Bill

Posted from a sage brush field outside Meeteetse, WY

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC