Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. @Wandering Sagebrush I bought a kneeling pad and use it when connecting the water hose to the Olllie. It helps being down low to have correct hose alighment.
  3. Thank you John for your king words and prayers!
  4. In some ways this captures the aging process for us all! Hang in there Ron. Caregiving is a tough road.
  5. Here ya go. Cheaper than touch-up paint or new caulk, and an outdoor camping experience to boot! https://a.co/d/074EF7vg I had these in my bedroom as a kid, and it was the first thing that came to mind. Not actually helpful, but they might be a distraction. šŸ˜‰
  6. how do I shut water off to hot water heater . bypass valve is not moving and I do not want to force it. actually the access is horrible. is there another valve I can close so no water gets into the hot water tank so I can winterize . a little aggravating
  7. Recently replaced our A/C with a new unit. The Air distribution box has a smaller footprint than the old Penguin. So, I filled in with white caulk. Of course, the white caulk is not as white as Donna would like it to be. What suggestions do you have for touching up with a whiter white. Touch up Auto paint? These are small... about 1/8th inch in diameter but there are eight of them. Plus they are on the ceiling so they tend to be noticed around bedtime. Help me get a good nights sleep... Please! Scotty
  8. Today
  9. Ron, Like your modifications and improvements making it possible for you and Phyllis to continue to travel and camp. We also found our Ollie to make it easier for us to travel and camp when dealing with medical issues. Debbie and I will keep you and Phyllis in our Prayers. God Bless, Bill and Debbie
  10. Good Call. I didn't put it together until you said something. I lived in Colorado for 40+ years. Low rust, and you had to take extra care with rubber revitalizers a few times a year.on the cars. In Arizona I'm sure it's much worse. In Oregon rust is a big problem. My Dexter Axles tubes started rusting in 9 months. When I put the Alcans on, I sanded down the Axles, put a rust inhibiter on, Primed and painted. I finished by coating the tubes and backing plates with Cosmoline, In Oregon we rarely see the sun for 8 months of the year with very high-cold humidity and I don't see weather checking, but I had rubber softening on 12 year old tiers on a truck I bought.
  11. My thanks to all who replied! I suspect I’m going to be in the Eley fold before long.
  12. God bless you Ron, and your beautiful wife Phyllis! (awesome last picture!) My wife Chris, her Mom had Alzheimer’s for her last many years, so to a point we understand. Being the primary caregiver is very tough though and you’re doing it proudly! Great work on your mods, btw! The Oliver is a superb special care vehicle! We stayed in it for several days recently to be closer to the hospital when I had surgery. Everything is within arm’s reach and having a good clean bathroom is important. I was more comfortable than being home. We wish you some good times together in your baby Ollie! Our friends had a big picnic last Saturday. Chris wasn’t feeling well that morning, so I joked ā€œShould we bring the Oliver?ā€ Prayers for both of you, from our special Oliver Community! šŸ¤—
  13. I haven’t posted for some time but felt I should share a couple of things I’ve done since my last post. I’ve shared that I’m a caregiver, but now full time, for my wife who’s now in late stage Alzheimer’s. Our 2022 Elite I makes it possible for travel still, otherwise it would just be impossible. Since she can’t help in anyway getting prepared and on trips, I’m always looking for ways to make it easier on us. Her mobility has also worsened and though having our toilet with us is a must, it has proved more difficult for her with this loss of mobility. I installed handles and new raised seats on our home toilets at the recommendation of an occupational therapist. Today I installed LianJindun Toilet Safety Rails around the Ollie Toilet. I had us do a test sit down and I could not believe how much easier it was for her and me too. Never thought I could be so excited about toilet rails, but with this disease, you learn to appreciate those little victories. After seeing more notes on the Forum about Lagun table use, I installed one so that she can remain in bed each morning and have her breakfast as mornings are generally difficult. It also provides great counter and prep space and we can both use it. I had new mattresses made last fall by Southern Mattress Co in Rocky Mount NC and they are just like the ones on our beds at home. They split them so I can use them as a full bed or as we do now a single across the back for her an one on the side for me. The Lagun allows us to just leave them in place an use as couches. In the photos, it shows it used with the full bed and the single bed across the back while by girl has her breakfast. Again, the mattresses are from this Forum. I also built from scrap lumber a prototype ā€œloading and storage cartā€. Almost all gear I carry on trips that I load into my Subaru Ascent fits on the cart. I wheel it out to load and when back home unload and push it back in. I also purchased a great dolly/cart from DOD that I use for anything else, protecting the old back. This sure has speeded up loading and unloading and made it so much easier. Sadly, I had to cancel our Rally reservations a few months ago as it has just become increasingly difficult for us to take part in the activities. I will miss it. I hope everyone there has a great time. Regards, Ron
  14. Yesterday
  15. No problem - go it moved. All is now back to being "right" with the world. Bill
  16. THAT explains it - no wonder you're interested in an Oliver! If there is anything that we can do to help - just yell. Bill
  17. Nice color!
  18. We used a camp in teardrop trailer for 6 years. A casita trailer for 11 years and a imagine grand design for one year and now we're looking to get away from the imagine and purchase an Oliver
  19. We have camped in every state, but not Hawaii
  20. We have a 2022 and the same situation with the carriage bolt holes. One was so large the bolt would turn in the hole and was never fully tightened to spec at the factory. Had that bracket replaced at the factory under warranty.
  21. Updating the original crack situation: We did end up taking the trailer back to TN for repair of the fiberglass under warranty.
  22. Letchworth Valley Campground, NY
  23. I believe I know what @Sweis is asking but it's confusing since this is a thread regarding fiberglass cracks. (Bill, move to barker thread?) Barker makes the weld of the steel plate to the steel jack casing (center of pic). It does not appear to be as strong as the standard jacks like our front jack, but they engineered and welded it, so it should hold 3000#. I use them all the time to lift the wheels for all maintenance needs. The older hulls had aluminum mounts. This two-piece mount was a poor design and I replaced ours after it failed with a one-piece steel bracket, like OTT uses today. I have not read of the Barker weld failing.
  24. Any chance of your getting a picture of the area you are talking about? Also, do you have a an Elite I or II? Bill
  25. I have a 2021 hull. Piece of steel angle for the bracket to bolt to. Is the vertical bracket welded to the jack tube by Baker supposed to have a 3000 pound rating at that point? Other than that weld the Angle iron and bolts seem like they have enough capacity. Horizontal Square carriage bolt holes are a little big in the steel Angle iron.
  26. It's likely climate. Those into "old cars" know that you want to buy something from the SW since they are mostly rust free. But if you need good plastic or rubber parts, you won't find them on the same car. You're in Oregon and we're in Arizona and that's the difference. I've changed the O-ring in every connector within one year of use. I purchased the dozen extra, so no big deal. When out I'll go to our local HW store for these O-rings so not to incur shipping costs for another Eley order. I also found that Eley is not good about answering emails (or web form inquiries) but their products are very good. I use the Tee most often to relieve pressure in the hose line to disconnect. Or to rinse my hands and splash water in my face which is near impossible in the Oliver bathroom sink! Or as you wrote "for another need" it is convenient.
  27. I have been lucky, I have only had to place one O'ring over the years. I use Eley silicone grease on the Male fitting O'ring at the beginning of each season. I like the Tee on the 6" extension coming from the RV hose bib. Great when you need water for another need.
  28. You're welcome. Bill
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information