Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/31/2017 in Posts
-
I'm with Mike and Carol - I'm not in any way convinced that this is part of the "normal aging process". In fact, just the contrary - at first my gaskets didn't "bleed" and it was only after six months or so that I started to notice the problem that continues to get worse. I also do not believe that putting a bandaid over the problem is the appropriate solution. As I have stated before, the seals and gaskets on my car and truck don't do this. Bill2 points
-
I'm very interested in hearing other people's experiences and tips as well. My intuitive answer would be that if you can find or make a really good filter for the maxx air fan, then you can run it on low in reverse while driving to pressurize the cabin. If you could make that work, then I think it would go a long way toward keeping dust from getting sucked in through the window seals and such. Beyond that, the fridge vents seem like a prime spot for gathering trail dust, and if you can't seal those then at least remove them at your destination to inspect and blow the dust out so that it doesn't affect the fridge's efficiency. One other spot of concern would be the weeps at the bottom. I suspect that you could get a good bit of dust in between the hulls through those. Which would them become mud the next time you get any condensation. I'm considering replacing them on ours with something I can cap off. But if you can stuff something into them then that might be good enough.2 points
-
Buzzy, the most difficult task in assembly of the Privacy Room is introducing the cord sewn to the top of the side panels into the track that holds them up. This track is built into the rafters that clamp to each edge of the awning fabric. It is the same type track that is common to the front of every awning structure. This is entirely doable with just two hands, it's only more cumbersome. Although I have not tried it you might try that assembling it in this fashion. Put the awning out loosely at minimum height. Thread the sides onto the edge rafters BEFORE raising them up to their position. All othe aspects is assembly can easily be accomplished by one person.1 point
-
John, Thanks for that wonderful post with all of the information about the Red Rock area. As far as the Maxfan with inside filter goes, I'm thinking that it's cover generates a vacuum when open that will have to be overcome with the fan to get any positive pressure. Then what a mess with the filter inside and the fan full of dust! I wonder if the cover could be removed and a flat plate made to replace it with a large hole and a shop-vac filter mounted outside. The filter outside would keep all dust out of the fan and it could be replaced as needed. Another idea might be to make a setup for the bathroom vent. A forward looking scoop with filter of some sort.1 point
-
Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice add on to our trailer. Yes, it does take some effort to set it up and, at about 65 pounds, it is heavy so there are weight concerns in just taking it along with you. Set up is not long nor laborious, however, it would be difficult for one person to do alone. Because of the modifications that I was doing yesterday and the photos that I took as I went along, we probably spent over two hours setting it up. If you look at the video from Fiamma it appears to take the couple only about 20 minutes, and once you get the hang of it, I think that time would be accurate. The most time consuming aspect is staking out all the hold downs along the bottom both inside and out. This is actually the first time we have ever done that but due to the unpredictable winds that we might encounter here, I felt it was a good idea. After doing so the walls are taut and I am confident it could withstand a pretty good blow. Here in the desert outside of Quartzsite, though the temperature is only going up into the low 70s, the sun is unrelenting and sitting in the room it is noticeably cooler than standing outside.1 point
-
Mike, It rained on our Ollie during the last two weeks. It had a black streak below the Furrion black gasket on the 110V external power receptacle. Going to replace the black gasket with white gasket made with gasket material from McMaster-Carr during February. Will let you know how it works out. https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rubber-sheets/=15zaput1 point
-
I stayed at Lone Rock Road in Glen Canyon Rec area for a week and drove Valley of the Gods Road (16 miles, fun) stayed a couple nights. While at Lake Powell there was a huge dust storm, this will wreak havoc, gets into the window seals and track and every crevice, buy not really inside until you open something. Driving the road, has the same affect. However, as noted earlier, the refrigerator vents are huge collectors of it all. I power washed it three times, at a local car wash, that week, red dust everywhere. I expected to vacuum quite a bit out of between the hulls, to protect the electronics, but found virtually nothing, including the areas even close to the weep holes. So yes, if you can fashion a filter to reverse the Maxx Air, you should really have no issue there.1 point
-
Randy, thanks for reminding me about asking for the cutouts. I remember reading about that many months ago but had completely forgotten. Those pieces could be quite useful, even apart from pyro testing. Buzzy, yes those are the ones. They also make a version with a 10-year battery. I don't have any experience with them personally, but they get good reviews, look nice and are tiny enough to fit pretty much anywhere. I'm sure the one that Oliver supplies is good quality, but the Atoms seem a lot more attractive and I have to imagine they work just as well. Like the one Oliver supplies, they're photoelectric - I've read that the ones with the ionization sensor can set off false alarms when used in a small trailer, from cooking fumes and even from steam from the shower. Pete, I like a guy who has his priorities straight. Pups first. I think we'll need to do a practice drill getting out of that window.1 point
-
OPEN.....DROP.....JUMP !!!!! OPEN the escape hatch DROP Bosker out the window JUMP out after him (assuming, of course, that we cannot simply walk out the front door)1 point
-
Recent Achievements
