Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/03/2017 in all areas

  1. I'm not ready to trade my Ollie for one of these, but I toured a unique light-weight camper at the Chisos Basin Campground at Big Bend National Park a couple of days ago. They had a couple of solar panels and one 6-volt battery and were getting along very well without hookups. The view of the stars from the inside of this camper was breathtaking. Very minimalist, but also very well-designed and executed. The quality of the fit and finish was like Oliver's. http://www.safaricondo.com/en/caravanes_R1713
    1 point
  2. Hello MannyQC, Oliver doesn't currently sell in Canada but this may be considered in the future. We have sold to a Canadian resident here in the US and the customer brought it back to Canada with them, so this is a possibility. (USD)
    1 point
  3. Since it appears that my request for a factory lift is going nowhere, I will have to do it myself. It will be a while, and I will definitely try out the stock suspension first on unimproved forest roads. I'll fully document the lift process, when I do it. I forgot earlier, I also plan to carry a couple of replacement spring packs. They are inexpensive and if you bolt them to the frame somewhere, out of the way, they take up no cargo space and they are there when you really, really need one. I've had a full set bolted to the back bumper of my utility trailer for 13 years and have never needed one. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Suspension/Universal-Group/SP-218275.html Stories from the Outback: "I reckon over the years I must have seen at least 50 trailers broken down on the side of the road while out touring, I know a few personally that have issues and have spoken to a few on my travels that have suffered a breakdown. In every single case I can think of it was suspension / Axle problems." ... http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?27716-Camper-trailers-What-stops-them&s=2904af9b8126a863ef26d5ef4a1a515f Good general info about leaf springs and maintenance: .... http://www.suspensionspecialists.com/tech0004.html John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  4. I believe that they are either adding or have just recently added Canadian sales. No idea on the price, though.
    1 point
  5. Did some "unscheduled maintenance" today. I discovered a while back that I was not getting any airflow out of the bathroom heat vent.... None. Took a flashlight and looked into the vent, and sure enough, the duct had separated from the vent. When I took the little rack off the front of the vanity, discovered the following: 1. For those who thought that perhaps there was wasted space in there, there really is not. Duct, plumbing, wiring and the recessed wash cloth rack take up almost all of the room. You will be glad to have space to maneuver under there if you ever want to do some mods or repairs. 2. The reducer that attaches the duct to the vent is metal, really heavy for the application, and just barely fits if everything is lined up just right during the build. In my case, the plumbing vent angles out away from the front wall just slightly, and it's just enough to make the reducer not fit. The joint was held together with foil duct tape, and the weight caused it to separate. 3. Found a very light weight plastic reducer on Amazon that fit the situation much better. The joint between the reducer and vent still not a good fit, (meaning it's just a tad too wide to slide into the vent), but with a couple of good wraps with foil tape it's on securely. And feather weight, so no danger that it will come loose.
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information