Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/21/2017 in all areas
-
Yeah, this retirement thing ain't all that great. We don't get anymore vacations! Waaa Waaa Waaa...3 points
-
If only Oliver would make a larger trailer. Loving the space in our 28 foot Airstream but missing a molded fiberglass coach.3 points
-
2 points
-
Be careful! Be very careful! Retirement is not all that it is made up to be. I'm guessing that you have not yet considered the STRESS. Just think about this for a moment - when you worked you knew exactly what you were going to do each and every day. You knew where you were going to go, what you were going to wear, who you would see and meet and probably just about what you would eat. Now, each day is met with a bunch of decisions. It just one decision after another. Constantly, decision, decision, decision - never ending! Stress, stress, stress! What time do I get up, what time do I take a nap, what do I eat, when do I eat, what do I wear, where do I go, what do I do, where did I put my beer? All must be answered (or not) - it simply is almost too much to think about. However, those of us that have taken this "retirement path" must learn to adjust and simply force ourselves to live with all this stress so that others can go on with their happy working lives (and paying into those "entitlements" that were so hard earned) without having to endure this "pain" we suffer. Welcome to the "STRESS" club! Bill2 points
-
One of the main features I love about the Oliver is its solid double hull construction and great crash safety. I have been a long time hater of slide outs since they are constant maintenance hogs and they can be so darned deadly in an accident. https://axleaddict.com/rvs/RV-Slide-Out-Dangers Scarey stuff indeed. I have never owned anything with a slide out and never will. I will never buy anything that uses wood as a structural member. I wonder when the design of RVs will start to become regulated to improve occupant safety? If you have never googled "RV wreck images" then you need to go look at what can happen to "non-Oliver's" ... Comments? John Davies Spokane WA1 point
-
I'm relatively new to this retirement thing, i have to keep my eye on you more "experienced" retirees, make sure I get it right!1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
I could also see air up in the top edges but the size is right. I like my small ones and I also have a large circular bubble on the tongue because the one on the jack isn't accurate. After seeing Steve & Tali's, I think all of the trailers should have jack switches inside the trailer with levels inside on the walls. We have levels inside also. The acculevel does get better reviews but one guy was saying that all of the mercury levels or whatever metal that is, have the same problem. All you can do is try them until you find one that you like.1 point
-
Welcome to the every day is Saturday club. Use it well is just puffing in the wind advice for you two. So happy for you. Keep track of your mileage. Pretty sure you are setting a record on longest maiden voyage without touching home base. Happy camping, safe travels, and (continue to) have a great time. Sherry1 point
-
That is a great feeling! I remember that same feeling back in 2003. Glad you two made in back to California without any trouble. I'm brand new at this Travel Trailer camping so I've gotten many ideas from you. Dory and I hope to meet you out on the trail sometime.1 point
-
The Roadmaster system is awesome while unloaded or while towing for my Tacoma. I couldn't be more pleased. Go for it! It also has a minor effect on increasing gas mileage a bit because it greatly reduces the sidewall flexing and thereby reduces the tire footprint on the road (due to flex) and reduces rolling friction.1 point
-
1 point
-
We made it to California yesterday and got our Lil' Nugget registered and it's a real good feeling, having everything legal again. Yesterday was the last day for us to get here while still being under the temporary registration from Oliver, so today marks the 31st day that we've been owners :) We pulled into the Needles KOA last night to make Karen happy. Why would we need hook ups? Well it's going to be 97° here today and she wants to use the air conditioner today while we ralax finally after leaving Charleston, South Carolina, on the east coast March 7th... That was a lot of driving, but that's California anyway :) They had to physically see the trailer and now we have our permanent plate for her. So we're finally taking a day off, kinda. I ended up buying 4 sets of quick disconnects for the water system, and that coupled with the Rhinoflex hose that we leave installed on the sewer, makes hooking up a breeze. Karen uses the app called, "sanidumps" to search for free dump stations, and we found this nice little park off Route 66 yesterday morning with a free dump station. The app shows you both the free and the pay dumps in an area up to 50 miles away, so it's an extremely useful app to have when boondocking like we usually do. I feel retired again today after all that driving :) Reed1 point
-
Recent Achievements
