Jump to content

topgun2

Moderators
  • Posts

    7,791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    467

Everything posted by topgun2

  1. I'm guessing its on the Oregon Coast. http://www.cannonbeach.org/
  2. Spike - You're welcome! Our "search" function is not the best (as has been reported here many times), but, it is amazing what one can find by simply going to the general topic heading (like Mechanical and Technical tips) and then just scroll down the topic headings until something catches your eye. I thought that I remembered a post on this subject but unless you happen to remember something close to the post's name, finding it can be a bit of a needle in the haystack kind of thing. Bill
  3. For all those of us that are or about to be -
  4. Spike - Does this post help you any? http://olivertraveltrailers.com/reply/125366/
  5. Bob - There was an interesting discussion on this topic back in January, 2017. Redneck Trailer Supply (which used to be/may still be an Oliver supplier) had a kit (which I still carry). Since I had planned to only used this kit in the event of an emergency and since the kit(s) are nicely packaged with all the necessary parts in one place, I didn't mind (too much) that they were made in China. I've not had to replace my bearings (yet) but when I do I will keep the kit as is and look for US made bearings. Bill
  6. Just ten minutes ago we had a Mama black bear and her two small cubs walk through the backyard. Those cubs sure are cute. It was nice to see that all three of them had beautiful shiny coats. Guess that the neighbor's bird feeders are keeping them well fed! Sorry - camera was not handy. Bill
      • 4
      • Thanks
  7. If you decide to go to Gold Park take water with you as the only water available is what you would get out of the creek. Also,, if you hike up to Missouri Lakes be advised that the lakes up there are filled with brook trout - easy to catch especially at the inlet to the main (furthest west) lake. Some of the largest Marmots I've ever seen up there and there are almost always mountain goats up on the Missouri pass. Site 7 is the best if you can get it. Bill p.s. Mike and Carol are in Crested Butte right now if you have any pointers for them.
  8. I only put the Reflextic over the area that was already covered by that white insulation that was installed by Oliver. The weather stripping filled in the gaps that Bill & Martha show in the picture plus I simply continued with that same stripping all the way around - just because. Bill
  9. Spike - I can't give you what I think you seek, but I can tell you that the jacks in the rear are the same as the jack in the front. And, yes, those instructions are the same for the "old" white jack and the "new" black jack. Also, you are to be commended for taking the bull by the horns and tackling these maintenance chores. Generally they are not difficult, but, for those that have not been down that road before and/or are somewhat mechanically challenged these jobs can seem much more difficult than they really are. Obviously, the best way to get knowledge is to ask the questions (like you are), and, then get out there and "just do it". Bill
  10. John - Its probably too late at this point, but, at this year's Owner's Rally we were given a bag containing about ten "promotional" handouts which included details about both Olivers and a DVD too. These are certainly much more substantial and professional than the old postcards. If you still have time before you leave, an email or phone call to Anita just might ease your burden a bit in showing the Oliver. Bill
  11. Really nice that your trip seemed to be without and major troubles. Its obvious that the humans like the Oliver, but, what about the pup? One of my favorite campgrounds in Colorado is Gold Park (about 45 minutes south, southwest of Vail). Its small (14 sites) and gets full on weekends but the Homestake creek is right there and there are some great hikes very close (Missouri Lakes and Fancy Lake trails). Keep us posted on your adventures! Bill
  12. I never had the "problem" that it seems you've got, but, I did add an extra layer of insulation and some extra weather strip in that area - mostly just because I had it laying around. The insulation I used was Reflextic https://www.amazon.com/Reflectix-BP48010-48-Inch-10-Feet-Insulation/dp/B000BPAULS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1528721831&sr=8-2&keywords=reflextic+insulation&dpID=31Io%252BmGxiWL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch And the weatherstrip was closed cell foam from Walmart. That basement door was a bit tight just after I added these things, but, now it is snug and nothing gets in there. Only downside is that the aluminum facing on the Reflextic leaves marks on the shower compartment door. Bill
  13. The "little yellow tester" https://www.amazon.com/Electrical-Receptacle-Outlet-Ground-Tester/dp/B0012DHVQ0/ref=sr_1_36?ie=UTF8&qid=1528641968&sr=8-36&keywords=circuit+tester
  14. The easiest way to start figuring out what is wrong is to read the code on the Progressive's readout. No light on the display is probably a lost/open neutral. Error code of "E1" is a polarity problem while "E2" is an open ground. I do not have the rest of the codes handy at he moment, but, those are the most likely ones. Bill
  15. Yes! - the off season is your friend. If you want a non-reserved site in Yellowstone during the "normal" season, you would be well advised to show up at the campground of your choice no later than 6 am. And even then you will probably not be first in line. Bill
  16. Did you send a service request to Jason Wamsley @: jwamsley@olivertechnologies.com I'm sure that he can help you. Bill p.s. just to make sure, I just went to my messages and had no problem.
  17. Going - Of course the answer to your question is - It Depends! Are you simply going out to explore? Are you looking for a place to settle in, sit back and stay put for awhile? Are you going into an area that is know to be popular and therefore crowded? Are you looking to simply get from point "A" to point "B"? Etc., etc. Usually I have a place(s) in mind before I leave the house. On routes that I've traveled many times I've gotten to know the where and when's of getting a spot that I want. However, even that can be a challenge at times - some parks and recreation areas require multiple days stay during holiday periods. Here in the East I think that it is a bit more difficult finding places to camp as compared to those areas West of the Mississippi due to more people and less government land. However, there are so many tools that you can use either with a cell phone or without. To specifically answer your question - here in the East I try to plan my camping spots- particularly when my wife is along as she doesn't appreciate roughing it in Walmart's or truck stops. But if I'm going out West I do have a plan but only make reservations if there are spots known to be a "problem" due to either popularity or lack of space. I'm guessing that the above is not really much help and each of us should develop a "style" of traveling that is most comfortable to exactly what they are trying to do. However, I would encourage you to at least test your own limits every now and then since some very nice and unexpected things can happen (i.e. find a new park, campground or other site that you would have never considered before). The object is to have fun! Bill
  18. There's a part of my mind that still has trouble coping with pulling into a gas station and having people quickly approaching you to ask about the Oliver. Thank goodness that I rarely am doing this at night. Just how is it that a quick stop for gas can turn into a half hour Ollie tour? Still it is nice to see that others recognize the same qualities that attracted most of us to Olivers in the first place. Bill
  19. As John said - this is nothing to worry about in the short run. During manufacturing of the tank and its installation there are plenty of opportunities for "stuff" to get in both the tank and plumbing lines. However, once they are filtered out you shouldn't have much else getting in there unless you get your water from questionable sources. Given the relatively low water pressure used in most RV's it just might take a bit of time to flush whatever might be in there. Bill
  20. The more you outfit it and work on it, the more it becomes really YOURS. Enjoy the coast, have fun! Bill
  21. A few thousand for an Oliver - what's a few hundred for "stuff"?
  22. Chris & Duke - By "open" I assume you mean that the shades are as compact as you can make them and can see out the windows. If you made sure that each of the pleats were nice and straight as you stuffed them into the ends of the frame and it has been both nice and hot and a bit humid while they were in there, I'm guessing that they will indeed "re-set". However, just about as soon as you touch them again they will form another crease - nature of the beast I suppose. Bill
  23. Light - you got a light in there? No wonder Krunch didn't like the clear shower curtains - with the light on everyone could see what she was reading! Bill
  24. Mike - Thanks for the link on the shower head holder. Even though I will be passing fairly close to Craters of the Moon it doesn't look like I will have the time to stop. One would think that being on the road for just about two months there would be plenty of time - but - no. Looks like I should have planned for a three month trip! Bill
  25. Mike - Duh! My bad. I, finally, figured out what is in the bag in the first picture that I thought were small suction cups used to hold the shower curtain to the body of the Oliver - it is the bag containing the shower curtains! Where did you get the "shower head holder"? Far be it for me to make fun of someone that can scream like you did on the zip line! I use those same Harbor Freight suction cups to hold my fishing waders on the side of Twist so they can dry after a day of fishing. So, I've already got the most expensive part covered. I just happened to notice this past Saturday that the "Dollar Store" sells those shower curtains. At that price, use them for a season and pitch em. Seriously Mike (& Krunch), thanks for the pictures, measurements and help. Hopefully I'll have enough time between now and the first of July to cobble together my own. Bill p.s. Yes, the new pictures are right side up. Exactly why didn't Krunch like the clear shower curtain?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information