Jump to content

topgun2

Moderators
  • Posts

    7,791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    467

Everything posted by topgun2

  1. Overland - Since I didn't get a chance to test mine sine the install I sure do hope you get this figured out within the next week or so. Sorry I'm of no help but I think that Mark (and you) are on the right track for getting to the bottom of the issue. Bill
  2. Western North Carolina has had about 2 inches of RAIN today and the temperatures are supposed to get down into the mid 30's tonight. However, that's a bunch better than all that snow. We will see high 70's by the middle of this coming week and I really don't mean to rub it in. Somehow someone has really made Mother Nature a bit mad this Spring. Bill
  3. Yes! As Mike & Carol said, come to the Owner's Rally. It will be a great chance to meet other owners and to get a real head start on learning about your new Oliver. You will also get a chance to see a bunch of things that current owners have done to their Olivers and that just may give you ideas for yours. Welcome. Bill p.s. I flipped Harley for you!
  4. No problem - you can always either take a look or book a site online https://guestrez.megahotel.com/Hotel/Reservation/Index/P3R24 or even give them a call today (Sunday) at (800) 252-7275. Don't forget to mention that you are with the Oliver Owner's Rally in order to get a discount on the site fees. Bill
  5. Yes, it is a two step process. 1 - (as you have already done) register with Oliver. 2 - Either go online or call the State Park and register there for your campsite. Bill
  6. Kind of looks like a "form and function" thing to me. Nice "form" but the "function" part just doesn't seem to make a bunch of sense to me. Bill
  7. Nice to see that someone else zip ties the plumbing lines. I've never had a leak or any lines/connections crack, but I simply didn't like how the lines moved around in the compartment with the water pump. So, I zip tied and used "Gorilla Tape" to secure anything that moved. Many times this was done by simply securing one moving thing to another - now at least these lines all move less than they did before. "An ounce of prevention". While I was doing this, I also covered all water lines that I could reach with foam pipe insulation. Partly this was done because I had some left over from a house project. In addition to keeping some of the hot water a tad warmer than it would be otherwise and keeping the hot away from the cold lines, the main benefit was that the insulation reduced the amount of movement in those lines and/or prevented them from hitting or rattling against other items down in the dungeon. Bill
  8. Randy - I think that I've got a drill extension that I used to use for the stabilizers on my old stick builts. If you are attending the Owner's Rally, I'll bring it along and you can have it if it works for you. Bill
  9. That pressure tank thing is a snap once you figure out exactly where it will be placed (read that - where it will fit in). It will make your sink project look huge in comparison. I can feel the excitement in your words - After two years, I still like "tinkering around" in Twist. Just trying to think of little ways to make things work better or be more convenient. For me, it is all part of the joy of owning one of these things. Bill
  10. Overland - Nice job! And, it looks good too. I've just never had an eye for these kind of things. Yes, I think that I know when I see something that looks tasteful but usually trying to design it myself doesn't turn out very good. Obviously you can do both - design and make it look good. Bill
  11. Overland and Canoe - I thought that we may have had a case of Apples and Oranges, but ... I happened go over to see Twist yesterday afternoon and I specifically took a look at the towel bar. I had always just assumed that the little hole on the bottom of the "posts" at the end of the bar were where one would insert the usual Allen wrench to tighten and/or loosen that piece from the mounting bracket underneath. Wrong! Indeed there is a little (white) tab in that hole that is obviously the release tab for the "post". I didn't take it apart (leave a sleeping dog alone) but the whole assembly is firmly attached to the wall - as are the similar ones for the hooks inside and outside the bath. When I came home I pulled up the Moen website and found the installation guide for these puppies. https://www.moen.com/products/Brantford/Brantford_Chrome_18_towel_bar/YB2218CH Basically a plastic mounting bracket is screwed into the wall and then the "post" (outside piece) is pushed over it until an audible "snap" or "click" is heard. Assuming that the mounting bracket was installed properly, I can't see where there would be a problem. However, if the mounting plate wasn't tight enough to the wall or was too tight to the wall then the whole assembly would be loose or one would not hear the "snap" when putting the post over that plate. Therefore, the first thing I would do if I had a problem with mine would be to take the post off the mounting plate and inspect that plate for proper mounting and make adjustments as necessary. If that didn't work, I'd call Moen and ask for help. Given the design and the intended purpose it certainly appears to me that these items were made and sold to be Towel Bars. They are not robust enough to be grab bars, lift bars, safety bars, etc. and were never designed for those purposes. Bill
  12. Rumline - Since Reed has not answered, I can only offer this: I think that the Blaylocks will not fit between the two tires on the Elite II. The regular Andersens barely fit and the Andersens(the larger model that is sold as a "jack") that are more similar to the Blaylocks will not fit between the tires either. Of course both the Blaylocks and the Andersens could be shortened but since the Blaylocks are made out of aluminum they would be a bit tougher to cut. The Blaylocks are roughly twice the weight of the Andersens and cost a bit more than the Andersens. Note that since I've never owned the Blaylocks I can only comment relative to what I've read about them. Hope this helps. Bill
  13. OK, once again - there are obviously those of us that do not like Andersen products and those of us that do like them. The Blaylock's are better? Maybe and maybe not. I will do my utmost to treat ANY attendee at our OWNER'S RALLY with the same courtesy and respect as I give to any other. Bill
  14. This almost sounds like we are talking "apples and oranges". I agree with Mike in that Moen makes fairly decent products that are guaranteed for life. So, no crap here with the towel bar. But, mine doesn't have a "little plastic tab" - just a bar inserted into two mounts that are firmly attached to the bathroom wall. Am I missing something? Bill
  15. Mark, The Oliver doesn't have a gravity fill port. The only two ways of getting fluids into the Oliver are either via the "winterization" suction port or the water tank fill port (via a pressurized water source). Of course there is also the "city water" port but that bypasses the onboard fresh water tank. Bill
  16. Cash - I happened to be talking to Matt earlier this morning and he mentioned that including owners, guests and Oliver personnel (mostly Oliver family) there will be upwards of 200 people. The number of Oliver travel trailers registered is in the mid to high 70's. Most of the Owners that are registered have a spouse with them. Hope that helps. Bill
  17. Why make removing the spare tire cover easier? I enjoy the heck out of getting my hand slapped by that overgrown mouse trap. Bill
  18. Bill - I'm not sure about "a cleaner installation", but, I would think that it is a bit stronger. Those four small screws holding the handle on in the typical installation are screwed into such thin aluminum. I always try to remember to tell "guests" to not put too much pressure on that screen door handle - the aluminum door simply is not strong enough to handle any real weight. At least your design helps spread any weight over a larger area. Besides, it is simply cool. Bill
  19. Overland - I put a dot of black paint on my green lights. Bill
  20. Townesw - Have you tried calling Oliver "parts" at 1-866-205-2621? Bill
  21. Townesw - Hopefully someone with direct access and experience with an iPhone will chime in here shortly. Obviously you can always download your pictures to a computer and then to the Forum, but I don't think that is what you are trying to do. Even with my Android phone I usually go the computer route as opposed to direct - hate typing on those small keyboards. Bill
  22. Thanks! I never even thought to check and hope that I never need to actually use that crank! Bill
  23. Yep - I take a dry kitchen sponge and place it in the door of the freezer. This holds that door open and, in turn, that door holds the fridge door open plus, I always know where that sponge is. Along this line, when I'm storing Twist for more than a month or so at a time, I crumple up seven or eight sheets of regular old newspaper and place those in the freezer/fridge. When I bring Twist back out of storage I simply recycle the newspaper and the freezer/fridge has no odors at all. Bill
  24. I do three - kind of like turning off the lights. Just becomes habit after a bit. Bill
  25. The next closest place is the air conditioner, but that would leave the wire showing from the attic to the air conditioner. Tom's got a good idea to try first or try just putting it in the window
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information