-
Posts
7,789 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
467
Everything posted by topgun2
-
Rumline - I do not have that exact mattress, but the optional mattress I have measures: 8 5/8 thick 74 long 29 7/8 wide All I can tell you about the radius is that at the 45 degree (middle) point of the arc the mattress is 1 inch shorter than it is where the arc starts. Hope this is some help to you! Bill
-
Welcome to the Forum and (hopefully) you will join us in ownership of this great camper soon. If we can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask. Bill
-
Canoe12 - I've still got mine on the fridge and it still works as advertised. Well worth the $. tractors1 is a member of this Forum, however, I've not noticed him being online for quite some time. Also, last year I sent him a PM mentioning that he might want to consider either attending our Owner's Rally or getting some of his product to the Rally for sale. Unfortunately, I did not hear back from him. If no luck on a PM here you might try RV Widget Works and/or one of the companies that sells accessories for Casita's. Bill
-
John - Sorry, but I thought that most of your comments would have been fairly obvious - regarding the moving of the trailer through the production process. I should have been a bit more specific. What I meant was that the coupler would be left off the price of the camper or possibly applied to the cost of the new one to be installed just after delivery by the guys in the Service area. However, it sure would be interesting to see just how the guys would get an Oliver down the production line without the ability to tow it via a hitch. In the time that I've spent on the factory floor, I've never seen anyone use safety chains and/or breakaway cables when towing. I must admit to being a bit nervous when it was Twist being pushed around. Bill
-
Or, a nice case of making lemonade out of lemons. Did you try asking that they leave the coupler off and then attach the 2 5/16th the moment after delivery? Bill
-
Cash - Bull, Glad that things have worked for you and am looking forward to meeting you. Certainly looking forward also to some warmer weather and all of the "stuff" that the Rally has to offer. Bill
-
Who is up for Zip Lining at the 2018 Oliver Rally?
topgun2 replied to MDuncan's topic in Events & Rallies
Matt - it appears that we have at least 6 humans (sorry, but I'm not counting Boskar) that have expressed interest in zip lining. Are you or someone else planning on getting a reservation(s) with the Park for this activity or is it up to the individuals or what's the plan? Has the Park given any indication of a change in pricing if there are "x" number of participants like you have negotiated with the golf? Bill- 29 replies
-
- 1
-
-
And, the maintenance is not very pretty when it has to happen.
-
Steve - in some ways it is a shame that (I assume) you are using LED lights. If you had used incandescents you would have enough heat down in the basement to make the entire camper toasty. Either that or you cold simply park it at the end of a runway for flood lighting of the airport. Nice job (as usual) and I still really like that light/water pump switch combo that I've been meaning to get for myself. Perhaps at the Rally - I've got beer! Bill
-
Try it again this morning - I too had a couple of similar problems yesterday afternoon and I think that the powers that be were trying to do some things to the Forum that temporarily confused the system. Bill
-
Yes! I mounted my paper towel holder with 3M tape the day I took delivery and it hasn't moved an inch in all these months/years since. Also, I've used the collector bin from an old paper shredder that broke for a trashcan. This bin is just the right size to hold those plastic grocery bags and given that it is a rectangle it doesn't stick out into the isle. On just those two items I saved enough money to make for a health supply of wine and beer for another trip or two or three or..... However, they sure are slick looking. Bill
-
Installing a dish tailgate satellite receiver
topgun2 replied to Corcomi's topic in General Discussion
Corcomi - You could always install an "A-B switch" somewhere in that line. This switch would allow you to simply move a slide or push a button to change from what you had to your Dish and back. They are available for less than $10 https://www.amazon.com/Coaxial-A-B-Switch-1/dp/B0002ZPIQ4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1521552654&sr=8-6&keywords=a-b+switch Bill -
Rogue - Good for you guys! There is a bunch to learn, but, it really isn't too bad if one does not let the situation overwhelm them. As you did, when the situation gets to the point where you realize you don't really know what to do, settle down for a minute of two and think about how the process or item should work. Many times just thinking it through will get you towards the correct answer. Now you have a short bit of time to make personal improvements to you Ollie before you start on your eight month nomad trip. Many suggestions can be found here under "modifications". The fun has only just begun. Bill
-
Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Colorado
topgun2 replied to Mike and Carol's topic in Campgrounds & Parks
John - I stopped t Dinosaur NM several years ago while on a western motorcycle trip. I'm not a big fossil guy but certainly there are some big fossils there. In fact, right in the "reception" area there is a very large fossil that basically started it all in this area. Certainly this is worth a visit if you are in the area. Bill -
Who is up for Zip Lining at the 2018 Oliver Rally?
topgun2 replied to MDuncan's topic in Events & Rallies
Matt - Thanks for getting this organized! Given the Rally schedule it appears that we would be best to schedule the zip line thing for the afternoon. Count me in for the whole enchilada on virtually any afternoon. Bill- 29 replies
-
Easy on that cabbage - remember the bovine flatulence effect on the environment! Add a nice Harp's or Bass and what a meal it makes. Be safe though. Bill
-
Don't worry about it! That is the real reason that Oliver put that insulation between the hulls! Just kidding - glad that all is OK. At least with the smell of smoke already in the air you will not have to have a campfire this evening. Bill
-
Just got an email from Heather at Oliver with an update on this year's Owner's Rally. Included is a link which shows the agenda or simply click on the link below: http://olivertraveltrailers.com/email/2018-Oliver-Rally-Agenda.pdf Now, those of us that are attending can start to plan our afternoons of golf, tennis, fishing, zip lining, visiting, drinking, etc. Bill
-
Adding Water Accumulator to pre 2018 Elite II
topgun2 replied to bradbev's topic in Ollie Modifications
June - unless you got your "new" Ollie used, you already have this accumulator (as far as I know, all the 2018's have one). Its easy enough to check - life the curbside mattress and look in the hatch that is nearest the kitchen. Here you should see your water pump and the accumulator should be mounted fairly close to it. If you don't know what a water pump looks like, simply do a search on this Forum and there are a number of pictures of both the water pump and the accumulator for you to see. Bill -
Chris- For what its worth - When I put Twist to bed in the late Fall I disconnected the negative cable from the batteries and connected a small solar charger with the negative going to the same post from which I disconnected the main negative cable from the Ollie and the positive going to the post where the main positive cable from the Ollie is attached. I ran an extra long cable to the front of Twist from the batteries to the solar charger so that the charger would be in the sun most of the day. Upon checking the batteries after two months, they read right at 12.8 volts - full charge. Therefore, I assume that the small solar charger is doing its job in that I have the regular solar panels covered. Here is the charger that I'm using: https://www.harborfreight.com/15-watt-solar-battery-charger-68692.html Good Luck - Bill p.s. I have the four Trojan 105 lead acid batteries but I doubt that there would be any different result no matter which set of batteries you have given the relatively small charge that this 1.5 watt panel puts out. After all, all you are trying to do is to off set any natural loss of charge in the batteries given that there is noting else hooked up to them.
-
Canoe12 - I see no reason why one could not "hand pack" one of the 3 oz cartridges - simply take the spent cartridge out of the gun, re-pack it and then put it back in the gun. However, my main purpose for wanting these small cartridges in the first place was to save space and to make the maintenance of the EZ Flex as quick and painless as possible while on the road. Obviously this would limit the option of re-packing. Yes, I guess one could save the spent tubes, cart them home and re-pack there. I may be frugal, but, I have my limits, particularly with nasty, greasey little spent tubes of grease.
-
For anyone that is still sitting on the fence regarding whether to attend this year's Owner's Rally, perhaps the opportunity to see one of these yellow cardinals will tip you in the attending direction. Who would have thought that Alabama would have such a thing? Bill http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/one_in_a_million_yellow_cardinal.html
-
Question for the Oliver Travel Trailer Factory???
topgun2 replied to Hap's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Hap - I believe that this is the kind of thing Jason Walmsley was talking about in regards to the "special tire ramp": https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Aid-Tandem-Changing-Change-Trailers/dp/B000I4JPZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519309743&sr=8-1&keywords=RV+tire+ramp It does not appear to me that these things would work very well in the event that both tires were deflated. But, with a bit of effort and some boards I would think that one could get the job done. Also, I think that Jason was only trying to point out that the "Service Request" form is intended to be used for multiple functions to include "technical questions". I used to think that I knew the answer to the questions regarding lifting the Elite II and/or jacking this camper. However, with all of the conflicting "opinions" that have been expressed on the Forum I'm no longer so sure. Bill -
Johnny - You have been warned! Steve, Tali and the pups are very persuasive (and a bunch of fun). Welcome to the Forum. Bill
