CGI detailing - Glidecoat

Got an awesome Glidecoat applied by GCI in Murfreesboro before our trip. Not cheap but looks better than the day I picked it up 6 years ago. I know there is already a lot of posts about them, just wanted to give them another thumbs up! Great job guys.

Link: https://www.cgidetailing.com/olivertraveltrailers

IMG_6371.thumb.jpeg.f6334ed726646c82955d645f2a0f1dcc.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 11

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

FYI:  We've made arrangements with Colin/CGI to have Casablanca Glidecoated after the Owner's rally in MAY...  They're going to apply our new front-end graphic as part of the deal.  Can't wait!

Posted this before, but some owners may have missed it - temporarily stuck on after removing the OTT graphic:

Screenshot2024-03-16at8_21_56AM.thumb.png.8ccb2e54fd99da9a65c2db84f6efaaf5.png

Until we get the CGI treatment - we're running "bald" with no nose art...

Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

21 hours ago, rideadeuce said:

Got an awesome Glidecoat applied by GCI in Murfreesboro before our trip. Not cheap but looks better than the day I picked it up 6 years ago. I know there is already a lot of posts about them, just wanted to give them another thumbs up! Great job guys.

Link: https://www.cgidetailing.com/olivertraveltrailers

IMG_6371.thumb.jpeg.f6334ed726646c82955d645f2a0f1dcc.jpeg

We had our one year old 2022 treated by CGI in November, 2023.  Very nice and highly recommend.

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

It occurred to me earlier today that unless you have had your Oliver ceramic coated by CGI in Murfreesboro, TN, you would not get the reference to the chickens in the post above.

Well, there are a number of these critters on the property used by CGI.  As the story goes, Gavin brought home a couple because - well - he likes chickens.  Somehow that couple grew to a small flock of all different kinds to include chickens with feathered feet.

chicken GIF by floatingwoo

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Our Oliver needs ceramic coating, but not heading all the way to TN anytime soon! It appears from comments here that Glidecoat must be a top ceramic coating, besides the GCI service. I just went on glidecoat.com and requested a quote for our zip code. Will let you know what I hear.

Prior owner had ours ceramic coated in Boulder City NV, using Ecocoat Kenzo: IGL Coatings USA | Eco-Friendly Auto Detailing Products. I have a Jan 2021 receipt, but the top shell, everything in front of the entrance, above the LP tanks, has gotten dull, looking like flat paint in contrast to the lower sides that still shine. Also, ours will be in the AZ sun all year long! Prior owner used a cover some, but what a pain, on and off.

How often is ceramic coating recommended? Does the fiberglass need to be buffed, serviced in anyway, to shine prior to ceramic coating? I'm sure the boating crew here would know a lot about this.

I can't stand seeing old caulk or wax around the edges, and ours has a lot! OTT replaced our furnace with the Atwood brand in 2018. Our hull went back to OTT during 2021 and one service item was "Recaulk Exterior." There is no need to caulk and re-caulk like this (see pic)! When I hire a detailer, I will request hours of cleaning/stripping/prepping work prior to applying ceramic coating. Re-caulk, after removing all old caulk, with the lightest possible application.

Caulk too much.jpg

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators

John - 

A call or email to CGI would not hurt.

These guys are honest and will give you some hints that might make it easier for you to move forward.

As you probably know - they do make "road trips".  I don't think they have been to AZ (yet) but you never know.

Good luck!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

These guys are honest and will give you some hints that might make it easier for you to move forward.

Can't agree more with Bill's comment above.

@jd1923 - John, suggest reaching out to Colin/CGI at 615.900.0648.  He shared his oxidation removal process with me when we "peeled" off the Oliver nose graphic...  Being previous vintage AS owners we had all the same polishing tools CGI uses, but didn't have the wool buffer heads and compound they prefer.  So, we've effectively converted the AS polishing kit into one for the OTT...  Very helpful young men at CGI - worth the time to chat with them, IMO.  Good luck, brother!

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

On 3/17/2024 at 5:14 PM, topgun2 said:

It occurred to me earlier today that unless you have had your Oliver ceramic coated by CGI in Murfreesboro, TN, you would not get the reference to the chickens in the post above.

I was wondering about that! We're scheduled to get ours coated there on our way down to the rally!

• Like 1

2021 LE II - Hull 922 - 2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Half Fast Hugo said:

We're scheduled to get ours coated there on our way down to the rally!

Make sure that you get SPECIFIC instruction as to the location.

They are not very far out of the center of Murfreesboro but they are on a rural road and it is fairly easy to miss the "entrance" into the property.  A good look at Google maps with the Satellite view will help.  

Tell the guys "hi" for me and see ya at the Rally!

Bill

• Like 5

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

The last address I have for CGI and the place where they did my ceramic coating is:

1639 Richland Richardson Road, Murfreesboro, TN

and 

the GPS coordinates for the property are :  35.85165, -86.28862

But, note that this exact GPS location is for the RV that is sitting on the property and it is located 75 yards or so to the west of the frontage road.  On Google Maps the current satellite image does not show the building that is used for the majority of the work done during the coating - that building is now located to the west of the RV in what appears (on Google Maps) to be a plowed field.

Again, make sure that this is the current location/address that the guys are using.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
  • Like 3

• Moderators

P.S.

I know that I've said this before - but - 

If you like donuts -

Donut Country, GPS - 35.86087, -86.39112 is pretty good.

Bill

• Haha 2