Opt in to share OTT ownership

Given the coming changes to the Oliver service model, I was thinking it would be nice to be able to communicate with other Oliver owners who are local.  An Oliver-ownership registry could be a completely voluntary opt-in sort of listing that would allow nearby Oliver owners to connect offline.  In my particular case, it would be nice to share info about trailer servicing locally/regionally.  There are no recommended Oliver dealers in my state and the nearest one is 400 miles away.  Is there any interest in this concept?

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1394

TV - 2020 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
2 hours ago, FloraFauna said:

Is there any interest in this concept?

Yes.

Jeff Coleman

NE Arkansas

LE II Hull 1423

I'd like to see us start a dealer service rating system also.  I have one near me everyone should steer clear of.

Do we have anyone here with web programming skills that might platform these?

Edited by HDRider

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, FloraFauna said:

There are no recommended Oliver dealers in my state and the nearest one is 400 miles away.

The nearest Oliver dealer to me is a 2 hour drive.  I am more likely to go to my local RV repair shop just 10 minutes away.  This RV repair shop does work on several local Olivers.  An owner, with one of the original Elite’s, found this shop and recommended it to other local Oliver owners.  

In order to compile a well populated ownership registry someone is going to have to use social media assets, this forum and the FaceBook pages, to ask for data.  Also, if you want to find out if someone has found a closer-to-you repair facility, the same social media needs to be used to find out.  If there isn’t one, then someone will have to do the research to find one and then share it with other local owners.

If you are going to the rally, you could ask here or on FaceBook if there are other owners from your are also going, then do a meet up to establish relationships and exchange data.  There are a couple of San Antonio owners that we only see at the rally in Alabama!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
9 hours ago, FloraFauna said:

Given the coming changes to the Oliver service model, I was thinking it would be nice to be able to communicate with other Oliver owners who are local.

Also, it would be helpful if you added a signature with which Oliver you own and your Hull number.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

One of the benefits of having owned a BMW motorcycle was that it allowed membership in a club known as the BMW Owners of America.

In addition to a monthly magazine, available merch, regional and national rallies, there was a paperback booklet published annually that (on a voluntary basis) contained contact information for any member.  This also included additional information as to the "services" that a member might provide to other members - such as - camping space, towing, coffee and conversation, tools to borrow, etc..  And, all BMW motorcycle dealers plus repair shops were listed.

It sure would be nice to have something like this for our use, but, given the number of Olivers presently on the road I would think that the cost of compiling, printing and distributing such a thing would be fairly heavy.  And, this doesn't include the time and effort to put it together in the first place.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

It sure would be nice to have something like this for our use, but, given the number of Olivers presently on the road I would think that the cost of compiling, printing and distributing such a thing would be fairly heavy.  And, this doesn't include the time and effort to put it together in the first place.

Even if it was digital it would be a lot of work!  Mike

• Like 3

Had to go back and re-read the initial posting by @FloraFauna to re-frame the issue and get my pea-sized brain box around it.  

20 hours ago, FloraFauna said:

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to communicate with other Oliver owners who are local.  An Oliver-ownership registry could be a completely voluntary opt-in sort of listing that would allow nearby Oliver owners to connect offline. 

Seems to me that these forums can communicate with local OTT owners to share reputable RV service centers in their region and connect offline by starting a dedicated thread designed to do just that.

What am I missing here? 

• Thanks 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

12 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Also, it would be helpful if you added a signature with which Oliver you own and your Hull number.

Thanks.  Just figured out how to do that and added the info.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Even if it was digital it would be a lot of work!  Mike

I was thinking digitally for sure and perhaps within the Oliver forum website. For someone with the right skill set and site access, this would not be difficult.  During my full employment years things like this were developed in implemented in a short amount of time and at relatively low cost.  If the digital tool is setup correctly, it would be largely self managed.  (No printing please!)  Endorsing or rating RV repair businesses can be controversial, but an offline conversation between regional Oliver owners is simply that, an offline conversation.  I am just learning but I doubt many of the closest shops are equipped to deal with the electronics of an OTT.

• Like 2