propane issue

has anybody had issues with not getting propane pressure using the  forward and aft quick connects on the propane lines.   I can not get enoough propane to fire up my coleman portable stove. It works fine with the small disposable propane bottles.  I am getting gas through the line but very low pressure.  Any ideas out there would be appreciated

thankyou

skip nielsen

hull # 822 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Have you removed the regulator on the Coleman stove? It won't work correctly if you haven't.

• Like 4

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• Moderators

There are lots of YouTube videos on how to remove the regulator on the Weber Q series regulator so that it works on the quick connects.  I bet there are also videos on how to do the same with the Coleman.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

You can use a Coleman Road Trip Grill with an adapter hose available on amazon with the quick connect. Weber, Blackstone, and some Camp Chefs will also work with a mod removing the regulator.  Lots of You tube videos. Those are low pressure devices. They run at 11wc.  Coleman stoves and others are high pressure running at 15wc. They will not work well even with a mod.  Need to know whether your device is low pressure or high pressure. That sometimes means calling the manufacturer.  I use a Coleman Road Trip. I wanted to switch to a Coleman Cascade 3 in 1 because it is smaller and lighter. Just went down the internet and RV forum Rabbit hole to find this out. 

• Like 1

Bill Thomas 2019 Elite II Hull # 534

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500

21 minutes ago, ThomB87 said:

You can use a Coleman Road Trip Grill with an adapter hose available on amazon with the quick connect. Weber, Blackstone, and some Camp Chefs will also work with a mod removing the regulator.  Lots of You tube videos. Those are low pressure devices. They run at 11wc.  Coleman stoves and others are high pressure running at 15wc. They will not work well even with a mod.  Need to know whether your device is low pressure or high pressure. That sometimes means calling the manufacturer.  I use a Coleman Road Trip. I wanted to switch to a Coleman Cascade 3 in 1 because it is smaller and lighter. Just went down the internet and RV forum Rabbit hole to find this out. 

To use a Coleman Road Trip grill you would still need to do some piping to bypass the trailers regulator. Won't work right, or at all, if you just use the adapter on the grill side and plug into the trailer quick connect.

• Thanks 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

thanks for all the information.   I would guess that the coleman stove I have needs high pressure like what comes out of a disposable propane bottle. I think I will stick with the diposable bottles for  now.  I bought a 30' hose and had the gas company connect a fitting that screwed into coleman regulator and the other end the quick connect.  yes,lowpressure gas.  seems like a pain so will hold onto the hose for the future .

skip  #822

23 minutes ago, Skipster said:

thanks for all the information.   I would guess that the coleman stove I have needs high pressure like what comes out of a disposable propane bottle. I think I will stick with the diposable bottles for  now.  I bought a 30' hose and had the gas company connect a fitting that screwed into coleman regulator and the other end the quick connect.  yes,lowpressure gas.  seems like a pain so will hold onto the hose for the future .

skip  #822

seems to me the quick connect ports on the trailer are pretty useless since I can not connect the grill.  Lots of work and hassle to bypass the trailer regulator.  

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Skipster said:

seems to me the quick connect ports on the trailer are pretty useless since I can not connect the grill.  Lots of work and hassle to bypass the trailer regulator.  

We use ours all the time for our fire pit, Blackstone griddle and Weber Q1000 (regulator removed).  No mods necessary for the Blackstone or fire pit.

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

37 minutes ago, Skipster said:

Very useful for us! I have a quick-connect 12 ft LP line to a quick-connect T. Then we connect our Weber Q grill (maybe buy a proper grill?) and this fire-ring. Removed regulators on both. Don't really need a YouTube if you have a good local hardware store to find the right brass fittings. Very happy not to carry an extra LP tank for outdoor use.

Bond Bond Signature 18.5-in W 54000-BTU Bronze Portable Steel Round Propane Gas Fire Pit in the Gas Fire Pits department at Lowes.com

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

5 hours ago, Skipster said:

I am getting gas through the line but very low pressure. 

Is your heater and cook top stove working properly?

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

3 hours ago, Skipster said:

skip  #822

If you have the room, you could always bring along a 15lb propane tank and connect to your grill using an adapter hose. Less expensive and wasteful than using hose small tanks plus it could be a backup for your Oliver's tanks. Personally, I'd try and remove the regulator and add a quick connect to the grill so I could use the Oliver's quick connects.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

We use ours all the time for our fire pit, Blackstone griddle and Weber Q1000 (regulator removed).  No mods necessary for the Blackstone or fire pit.

Same here. 👍🏻

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

23 hours ago, CRM said:

To use a Coleman Road Trip grill you would still need to do some piping to bypass the trailers regulator. Won't work right, or at all, if you just use the adapter on the grill side and plug into the trailer quick connect.

No the Road Trip will work off the quick connect. The regulator for the Road Trip is a removable. You can buy an adapter hose on Amazon with a connector that screws into the same fitting as the regulator used for the 1 lb green bottles. No need to by pass the trailer regulator. Weber, Blackstone, and others will work. There are kits where you remove the grill's regulator so it will work off the quick connect. They are all low pressure. The issue is with high pressure devices like Coleman and other camp stoves. Even if you remove the regulator they will not run at proper temperatures. For those you do have to by pass the trailer regulator. Some solutions is carry a spare tank. Or they make Y connects you can use on one of the trailer tanks. 

Hope this helps

• Like 4

Bill Thomas 2019 Elite II Hull # 534

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500