More sleeping questions…

Another sleeping question, friends. It’s my understanding that Oliver sells mattresses from the factory that fit the twin setup in the Elite 2. Are these mattresses comfortable? Are there alternatives that fit? Do they fit on top of the existing cushions or is that left to personal preference? What kind/size of sheets fit since mattress has one curved side? Thanks in advance for your knowledge and experience 😁

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

I bought my mattresses from Southern Mattress. Very comfortable. Now about the sheets...yes, you can buy them that have the curved edges, but after killing my self changing them every few days, I decided life was too short. So, I just lay a sheet over the bedspread and call it a day. If you will privately e-mail me your address, I will send you two sets of sheets. My e-mail address is: Walliered@aol.com  Blessings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Against The Wind said:

...It’s my understanding that Oliver sells mattresses from the factory that fit the twin setup in the Elite 2. Are these mattresses comfortable? 

No, not at all, would be my answer! After buying our Oliver used, with OEM "upgraded mattresses" after discarding these from our Oliver, we kept one in our lower level, for our son's overnight friends and the other went on Craigslist FREE STUFF. It sat on our curb for nearly a month prior to the city pickup and dozens of contenders thought, sorry no-thank-you!  

We bought these, the 10" model and just this summer, I will soon cut the 16" radius for the lower outer corner by hand (post coming soon): Dreamfoam Essential - RV (rvmattress.com) Most owners acive here hav worked a creative, less expensive option here, including carving a simple Costco foam mattress for even less $$$!

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

We have purchased from this company in South Carolina. They make form fitted sheets and mattress covers for Olivers. Excellent products and customer service in our experience. We prefer memory foam mattresses vs coil spring. We originally had Southern mattresses and were not happy with the coil spring style mattresses. Everyone’s comfort level is different. Great deep Zzzzzz’s with our Casper cooling 11” memory foam mattresses. 

https://www.ablifestyles.net/sheet-sets/?network=x&device=t&keyword=&campaign=19268043787&adgroup=&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADm2yp5IUbqU-hiEYgaI4Qm2qwD_C&gclid=CjwKCAjwm_SzBhAsEiwAXE2Cv6qkS8VRKHfzmMQQGyZGpqbWLO_TooMB62eODTcZUwuAvdAZR5C66xoCxKAQAvD_BwE

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

Good information,again. Nan, perhaps I didn’t introduce ourselves to you. We are only Oliver owner wannabes right now but are doing our research here on the forum to learn more about Oliver TT. Thank you so much for your kindness, though. And thanks for all the other great information, friends. I’m sure we only have a zillion more questions 🤣

• Like 2

We didn’t like the Tocha upgrade option, finding them too flimsy. So we ordered our trailer with the standard mattresses, and ordered KTT mattresses (the prior upgrade option) directly from the manufacturer. We like them better than our extra firm coil spring mattress at home. 

And like David, we have the AB Lifestyle custom mattress pad and sheets. Again, nicer than our home bed. I guess we need to upgrade our bedding at home, spend more nights in Curiosity! 😁

• Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

58 minutes ago, Steve Morris said:

So we ordered our trailer with the standard mattresses, and ordered KTT mattresses (the prior upgrade option) directly from the manufacturer.

We did the same with our 2020 twins, very satisfied with the high quality and firmness of these latex mattresses. Since on the subject, can anyone recommend a quality cover/encasement that is waterproof and conforms to the curve of the Oliver?

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

AB Lifestyle has waterproof covers that fits our KTT mattress.  They also have fitted mattress pads.  I just replaced an entire cover on the latex due to mold I caused by not keeping the window tracks clean and clear of leaves.  I was going to buy a new mattress but KTT recommended I save a lot of money by just cutting off the moldy cover and recovering the latex. We also like the comfort of the KTT latex mattresses. 

• Like 2

Scott&Ricki

2017 Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull 225, The Bus 
2007 Tundra 
Prev: 2003 Casita, 2009 Weekend Warrior 

We have the factory option Tocha upgraded mattresses and we like them. Might be worth a visit to a nearby oliver owner, dealer, or the factory to try them out. They replace the standard cushions. We use regular twin fitted sheets with elastic sheet straps underneath. 

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

On 6/27/2024 at 8:09 AM, Steve Morris said:

We didn’t like the Tocha upgrade option, finding them too flimsy. So we ordered our trailer with the standard mattresses, and ordered KTT mattresses (the prior upgrade option) directly from the manufacturer. We like them better than our extra firm coil spring mattress at home.

My wife recently contacted KTT to inquire about purchasing mattresses and the owner of the company told her that they no longer sell custom mattresses for Oliver's.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.