Improved toilet rinsing!

Last year while messing around under the bathroom sink, I adjusted the weight on the “pull-down” faucet hose so that it would pull out far enough to rinse the toilet.  That worked for awhile, then the hose started kinking when it was pulled all the way out.  Rats!

So while preparing for the next trip, I decided to try another approach.  I found a 1/2” x 10” spring at the local Ace that fits snuggly over the hose (when little snap-on clip is removed.)  The spring was tie-wrapped in place and it allows the hose to bend tightly without kinks.  Now the hose easily reaches the toilet for better rinsing.

This is a quick and easy mod, particularly if you have done the “Bathroom Vanity Cubby Modification”  by Frank C.  It allows cubby to be quickly removed without having to re-caulk every time.

image.thumb.jpeg.6ebf5f9ecba36cfe655d8820d7be1d96.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.45fbcbd3cf1f052d8dc492462c41e4dd.jpeg

I was also adding a little water freshener today, so thought I’d share another idea that's probably not new.  We always carry a 5 gallon bucket and tall kitchen bags to use as an outdoor trash can.  If we want to fill the fresh water tank from the Boondocking inlet, we use the bucket with a new trash bag as a clean liner.   We also carry a short piece of garden house for this purpose.  Saved us a few times.

Cheers!  Geoff

image.thumb.jpeg.7c2b5fcca89352472b1760f3ab353cca.jpeg

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

Thanks for the idea.  I have been flirting with the problem for a while since rinsing is an easy way to keep the toilet clean.  Some of my old rv's had spray wands mounted next to them.  This would have been nice from the factory.

• Like 1

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

On 9/21/2024 at 2:08 AM, Snackchaser said:

We always carry a 5 gallon bucket and tall kitchen bags to use as an outdoor trash can.  If we want to fill the fresh water tank from the Boondocking inlet, we use the bucket with a new trash bag as a clean liner.

This is a great idea, but with no room to haul a bucket we carry collapsible water containers and a dedicated hose to draw water into the tank; stow under the street side bed behind the stabilizer jack assembly.

EDIT: Original comment stated a ‘silicone’ hose, but actually it is a flexible PVC hose, as detailed in further comment.

IMG_7244.thumb.png.708f66c62f36eb6993ab83a40ad728a7.png

Edited by Ronbrink

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables, auxiliary Cerbo-S GX/Victron 30A Blue Smart IP22 Charger combo, Dreiha Atmos 4.4 a/c upgrade.

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

A.R.E. truck bed cover/BedRug bed liner, 200W solar array/Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 and 100Ah potable power station, Rancho QuickLIFT front suspension strut/coil spring upgrade, Advanced Technology vented/slotted disc brake rotor upgrade, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension/wireless remote controller, Mechman 320A High Output alternator/upsize cables.

1 hour ago, Ronbrink said:

we carry collapsible water containers and a dedicated silicone hose to draw water into the tank

I’m looking for a short hose to draw water from my water bladder through the boondocking port into the fresh water tank, do you maybe have a link to the silicone hose?  

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Roof Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter), added 400W Renogy Solar suitcase with Victron MPPT 100/30 CC, Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

17 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

I’m looking for a short hose to draw water from my water bladder through the boondocking port into the fresh water tank, do you maybe have a link to the silicone hose?  

My bad, the silicone hose is used as a gray water discharge on the cam lock end of the rear tank dump outlet. A 4’ length of clear PVC reinforced braided hose with a garden hose barb fitting is used for the water draw, silicone would collapse. Both PVC hose and fitting were from Lowe’s, silicone hose an Amazon purchase. 

PVC hose:

IMG_6480.thumb.jpeg.a78279352fab2506356d67fcfcefd504.jpeg

IMG_7245.thumb.png.5cdd7d52b8205220b6f9916153387f73.png

Silicone hose:

IMG_6479.thumb.jpeg.efe27aec75c929f1bed5f39814c72a2d.jpeg

• Like 3

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables, auxiliary Cerbo-S GX/Victron 30A Blue Smart IP22 Charger combo, Dreiha Atmos 4.4 a/c upgrade.

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

A.R.E. truck bed cover/BedRug bed liner, 200W solar array/Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 and 100Ah potable power station, Rancho QuickLIFT front suspension strut/coil spring upgrade, Advanced Technology vented/slotted disc brake rotor upgrade, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension/wireless remote controller, Mechman 320A High Output alternator/upsize cables.

On 9/21/2024 at 12:08 AM, Snackchaser said:

We always carry a 5 gallon bucket and tall kitchen bags to use as an outdoor trash can.  If we want to fill the fresh water tank from the Boondocking inlet, we use the bucket with a new trash bag as a clean liner.   We also carry a short piece of garden house for this purpose.

Good in a pinch but not enough volume for us. We have one of the old hulls where OTT messed up the FWT installation. The suction hose only reaches to the half-point level of the tank. We consistently get only 18 gallons from our FWT when the water pump starts gurgling! Oliver offers the repair and too bad visits by prior owners in 2018 and 2020 to Hohenwald and nobody thought to fix this! We may get there one day, but in the meantime...

With our TSC 35-gal potable water tank we can refill the FWT twice, so we get about 54 gallons total after a fill. When TV and TT are hitched, I use the 25 FT hose and 10 FT hose we travel with to make the connection. Took a call to Norwesco to order the hoop mounts: Norwesco 35 gal. Horizontal Leg Tank at Tractor Supply Co.

I custom fit a cover to keep the sun off the tank and water: Amazon.com : Dokon Heavy Duty Patio Ottoman Covers Waterproof Outdoor Ottoman Cover Anti-UV Patio Side Table Cover, Patio Furniture Covers with Air Vent, Rectangle (28"L x 22"W x 17"H) - Black : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Boondocking with 54 gallons of fresh water, we can last over a week or until the black tank is full. 

Water Tank.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, rich.dev said:

I made mine out of leftover Pex pipe and the needed fittings.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

8 hours ago, rich.dev said:

I purchased a six foot water hose from a big box store, and cut it in half.  One end goes in my truck to help me fill my Reliance 5 gallon tanks from a hose bib.  The other us used to suck out water from my 5 gallon containers when boondocking it into Ollie.  Both of the cut ends of the hoses are beveled 45 degrees to keep them from "sucking down" in the containers.

GJ

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

8 hours ago, rich.dev said:

I have been using this hose with a quick connect fitting and I love it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0894GMDWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"