Sign in to follow this  
topgun2

Fire!

Recently I was told about a fairly simple one time use fire extinguisher - Tundra by First Alert.  I know that there is an extinguisher by the Oliver entrance, but, what if a fire happens in the kitchen and I'm back in the bed?  Amazon had a two pack of these for $22.49 and I ordered them.

https://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-AF400-Extinguisher-Aerosol/dp/B001229JCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499709044&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=tundra+fire+extinguisher&psc=1

Since they don't come with any kind of mount, I took a piece of  2 inch wide "industrial" Velcro I had in the workshop and figured that it would work nicely in the corner below the nightstand.  Hopefully I'll never have to use it.

Bill

ldo8pgsbwnsizrcxkrbow2l4agdylbrx.thumb.jpg.d95fdb08eb50e41775d78264d807b891.jpg

eyx9z3coed51i2n35rpv8utfguacc6og.thumb.jpg.ef112dda621b5813e1d92457aae1b9af.jpg

• Thanks 7

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The best first response equipment is the closest, and easiest to use.

We all hope we never have to use it.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

I was at the auto dealer for a recall issue. As I was waiting, I wandered the new truck lot. What I saw was a new equipped power company truck waiting delivery. What I happened to notice was the little sticker that said; "fire extinguisher inside". The 'bells' went off. What if driving and a trailer bearing got real hot, or there was an incident along side the road?  We knew we probably wouldn't want to walk all around the tow vehicle to get into the Oliver, nor take the time to do so. We immediately added a spare extinguisher to the tow vehicle. Now to find a permanent mounting spot...

• Thanks 1