Actual size of opening in outside storage compartment

Trainman

We have a new Oliver on order and just wondering what the actual size of the outside opening to the storage area is, not the door opening, but the opening to the storage area. Just wanting to know so I can see what size grill and fire pit will fit through the opening for when traveling. If you have the inside dimensions of the storage area that would be nice to, but the door opening is what I really need, thanks.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

We have a new Oliver on order and just wondering what the actual size of the outside opening to the storage area is, not the door opening, but the opening to the storage area. Just wanting to know so I can see what size grill and fire pit will fit through the opening for when traveling. If you have the inside dimensions of the storage area that would be nice to, but the door opening is what I really need, thanks.

trainman

Thanks for asking that question.  I was wondering the same thing.  We take delivery of ours 1 May.

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• Moderators

Guys -

Hopefully someone that has immediate access to their Oliver will get the "exterior basement door" opening measurements to you shortly.  I did go over to the Oliver University section (under "Travel Trailers" above in the blue banner) and found that the basement measures - 49 x 22 x 16 (deep).  I believe that the "deep" means height or distance from the bottom of the Oliver to the underside of the interior floor.

Hope that this helps.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

@Trainman & Hobo:

Last year I was in your position.  I spent a lot of time looking for options that would fit in the basement.  Basically there were none.

The realistic options appear to be:

Carry the BBQ in your tow vehicle  (Not good as I was using a 4.7L Sequoia TV)

Transport it in the shower (Not ideal from several perspectives)

Get the box and transport it there (Not good as I use the box for generator fuel, dunage and chalks)

So I ran 2018 with no BBQ.

But I resolved the issue for 2019.  I replaced my under-powered Toyota 4.7L Sequoia with a F-150.   BBQ problem resolved!

Sorry for the bad news.

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

You could likely fit one of the compact marine grills in that space. The legs fold up to save space in a number of models. We've had a Magma round charcoal grill on the boat for over thirty years. Pricey, but solid stainless construction.

Magma has a few small rectangular propane grills, as does Kuuma, another all stainless brand. Home depot has the Kuuma stow n go 125, 9000 btu burner, online for a little over $100 right now. ( compare to almost 175 at Cabela's or marine stores...). At least if it doesn't fit, you can easily return a HD purchase.

Good luck in your search.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I have a small Magma, the Trail Mate model, and it would definitely fit in there.  I don't use it though - flames up too much for me.

The Charbroil Grill2Go, on the other hand, is fantastic, and fits like it was made for the space -

[attachment file=IMG_2898 (3).jpg]

I'm sure that the smaller Solaire would fit also, but that one is serious money.

IMG_2898-3.jpg.99d01d64210afaa5565dd50bf8d9861f.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well it's going to be close, the Little Red Campfire will fit ok, but the grill I have is 17 3/4" Deep, 16 1/8" Wide, and 12" Tall, it's going to iffy it it will go, but turning it and moving it to the right might work. All being said, it's been riding in the back of the truck for the last 1  1/2 years when we go camping, so why change now. Thanks for the info everyone.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

I carry my Weber Q1000 in the truck bed. They “basement” storage is for power cords, surge protector, hoses, water filters, spare parts, etc. I have a couple of plastic containers that fit well and hold most of the stuff. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS