Standard Floor Plan vs Twin Beds

• Moderators

Check with Jason in service.  You would need the twin mattress extensions on either side and the nightstand.  Very feasible.  Mike

Mike and Carol | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpg

Pat,

We did it.  The bed rails were $225 each and shipping to the west coast was $85.  They attached with rivets and the installation was simple.  We did not install the drawer/table between the beds.  If you decide to do this, PM me and I can go over exactly how I installed them to keep them from squeaking.

Before, Bed Rails and After pictures.

Andrew

IMG_0901.JPG

Twin Bed Installation 5.JPG

Modified Twin.JPG

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Andrew, Carianne and Buffy | San Diego, CA

2019 Legacy Elite II Hull #468 "California Burrito" | 2018 BMW x5 35d 

I like it!  Though the nightstand is nice, not having one seems more roomy.  And you have the hatch to access the back of the basement.  

Our twin bed Leisure Travel Van had a night stand, but it was at the same level as the mattresses.  You still had the platform to use for a nightstand.  It also made making the beds much easier.  Instead of the mattress insert, as pictured here, a small platform could be built to fit that space.  It could be made to flip over to double as a tray for carrying food, etc outside.

@AndrewK I see you have your blinds flipped.

Another edit: @AndrewK Did you also remove the TV, or order without?  We thought about doing this, but decided if at some point we don't want it, we can take it down.

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
  • Thanks 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCACOGAHIIDILKSLAMSMONENVNMOKORSCTNTX

States map oliver.jpg

Thanks Ray/Susan!

I am 6'5" and sleep on my back with my elbows out.  I need the extra width, at what we use as the head of the bed, to be comfortable.  I extended the depth of the space between the mattresses a foot.  It is 18" w x 36" d.

When we want a hard surface between the beds (morning coffee) we place the sink cover on top of the center mattress and place our coffees there.

I found flipping the blinds to be very simple.  A few hard tugs to get them off and a few more thumps with the palm, to get them back on.  Once the top is aligned and attached, the bottom falls in place.

Andrew

Edited by AndrewK
Added additional comments.
  • Like 1

Andrew, Carianne and Buffy | San Diego, CA

2019 Legacy Elite II Hull #468 "California Burrito" | 2018 BMW x5 35d