Cooper Light Truck Tire Recall

Maverick

I am in the process of replacing the tires on my 2015 Oliver Elite II, it came with BF Goodrich Commercial T/A All Season 2 tires, these have provided excellent service and still look like new.  But since Oliver TT has switch over to Cooper Tires, I have been checking out Cooper at various tire dealerships. 

I just ran across this Cooper recall including the Cooper Discoverer that is current installed on many Oliver TT.   Here is the site with the recall information:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cooper-tire-recalls-400k-light-truck-tires/ar-BB1e3jKm 

If you have Cooper tires in the date range recall, you should have them checked out.

• Thanks 2

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

In case you haven't heard - Cooper Tire has been bought by Goodyear.  I have not heard yet as to how Goodyear plans to operate or what they will do with specific tires in the Cooper line nor when the purchase will be finalized.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
  • Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

50 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I am in the process of replacing the tires on my 2015 Oliver Elite II, it came with BF Goodrich Commercial T/A All Season 2 tires, these have provided excellent service and still look like new.  But since Oliver TT has switch over to Cooper Tires, I have been checking out Cooper at various tire dealerships. 

I just ran across this Cooper recall including the Cooper Discoverer that is current installed on many Oliver TT.   Here is the site with the recall information:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cooper-tire-recalls-400k-light-truck-tires/ar-BB1e3jKm 

If you have Cooper tires in the date range recall, you should have them checked out.

I don't think this affects any of the Oliver tires.  I checked the Cooper site and the Discoverer tires being recalled are all 18"; Oliver's are 16"

https://us.coopertire.com/CooperTireUSConsumer2017/media/Miscellaneous/Voluntary-Recall-172-Consumer-Letter-USA-(NHTSA-Approved-6-10-2019).pdf

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Thanks, Susan. A different model of Discoverer (srx) and size. 

But, if you have any question at all, you can search your tire identification number on the website. Always better safe than sorry.

https://recallinfo.ustires.org/

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

17 minutes ago, rideandfly said:

Maverick,

Been looking at Cooper tires at Discount Tire to replace the BFGs that came with Ollie, too.

Here's the BFG replacement @ Discount Tire:

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-commercial-t-a-all-season-2/p/28036

Thanks,

Bill:  I have obtain price quotes from Discount Tire for the BF Goodrich which is owned by Michelin and also the Cooper Tires.  I was also informed by Discount Tire that Goodyear had purchased Cooper Tires.  I will probably just purchase the BF Goodrich tires, they have provided such outstanding service for a little over five years on our trailer.

• Like 3

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Maverick said:

Bill:  I have obtain price quotes from Discount Tire for the BF Goodrich which is owned by Michelin and also the Cooper Tires.  I was also informed by Discount Tire that Goodyear had purchased Cooper Tires.  I will probably just purchase the BF Goodrich tires, they have provided such outstanding service for a little over five years on our trailer.

I just replaced my BF Goodrich tires with the Cooper Discoverer AT from Discount Tire.  The Goodrich’s did well, about 60K miles and still a lot of tread left.  I had some slight sidewall cracking that started last summer.  I’m happy with the Coopers, checked the recall and it doesn’t look like I’m affected.  The BFG’s looked utilitarian, the Coopers are a bit more aggressive looking.  Probably a silly reason to go with a tire, but....

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

3 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

I just replaced my BF Goodrich tires with the Cooper Discoverer AT from Discount Tire.  The Goodrich’s did well, about 60K miles and still a lot of tread left.  I had some slight sidewall cracking that started last summer.  I’m happy with the Coopers, checked the recall and it doesn’t look like I’m affected.  The BFG’s looked utilitarian, the Coopers are a bit more aggressive looking.  Probably a silly reason to go with a tire, but....

Be careful of those slight cracks. I've seen them look harmless while inflated and large enough to put pennies in them when deflated.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2