Ollie by March

Bryan in NC

18 hours ago, Bryan in NC said:

Our LE2 entered production today.  50 days and counting!

Hi Brian and Sondra,

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus here from Indiana. Exciting to know they are "breaking ground" on your new home away from home. I know you guys must be feeling the excitement build. The folks at Oliver are a joy to work with, almost like family. They make the whole experience a lot of fun. 

We are feverishly working on a total remodel of a very small retirement home we bought a couple years ago. The plan is to live in a very small house out in the country that will require minimal upkeep and free up time for travel and exploring seasonally. I'm getting to the end of the project just in time to move in and anticipate the arrival of our Oliver.

We ordered our LE2 in November and have a start date in early March and delivery is scheduled for April 19. We struggled for a number of years ourselves with the type of travel trailer we wanted for retirement, but in our case we thought we needed room for toys. We've become more realistic in the last year and finally knew the LE2 was really perfect for the type of travel and camping we wanted to do during retirement. 

Thanks for sharing and we look forward to crossing paths and getting to know you and everyone in the Oliver family in the years ahead.

• Like 7

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators

I remember getting to the production line.  Back in the day when there was more "free" time the folks at Oliver would sent pictures of the new baby rolling down the line.  In hind sight I'm not so sure that this was a good thing - is it a boy or a girl, what do you think the color of its hair or eyes is going to be, will ours have all four tires the same, is it really smiling at us?  The anticipation is bad enough without also "expecting" pictures every couple of weeks.

Now's the time for that final prep work to start - trip route, reservations, one or two nights at the Oliver camp?  Sort through things into piles of what to bring - only to be sorted again when I realized that all of what I wanted to bring would not fit in the tow vehicle.  And then sorted again when I realized that I would not be taking a 6 month trip.  What tools?  What cloths?  What paperwork? What cleaning supplies - sure its a new baby but they do tend to soil themselves so quickly.  What did I do with those checklists?  Did I call my insurance people with the VIN - what did I do with that "proof of insurance" card they gave me?  OH!  Did we remember to pack the checkbook?  😇

All sounds fun and exciting!

Bill

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Now the countdown really starts. Deciding what to buy to outfit the Ollie and then the planning for where to go first, second .......

Watch the weather in March when you pickup, but it looks like you do not have far to travel.

It is always a good idea to spend a couple days at the Oliver campsite or nearby camping area where you can operate everything which will likely give way to more questions and maybe even require Oliver to make a few adjustments.

Happy Travels and send us some pictures of your new baby.

• Like 4

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

13 hours ago, Bryan in NC said:

Congrats, the next two months will fly by!   We will be in Hohenwald next week taking delivery of ours and are excited to be joining the Oliver club!

• Like 7

Mike & Marianne Hermann, Scottsdale AZ

2022 RAM 2500 Hemi 4x4

Elite II Hull #1337

14 hours ago, Bryan in NC said:

Bryan, we have an LE2 and find it's easier to back up than our smaller tent trailer that we had before.  The shorter the distance from the hitch ball to the tires of the trailer, the harder it is to back up.  At least that's what I experienced.  I think you made a good choice.  Ours tows very easily behind our Ford Expedition.  Congrats on your upcoming trailer.

John

• Like 6

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Bryan in NC said:

Our LE2 entered production today.

Woohoo! Don't use up all the parts. Ours is six days behind you. 😉

It's gonna be a long 50 days!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

38 minutes ago, Steve and Deb said:

Woohoo! Don't use up all the parts. Ours is six days behind you. 😉

It's gonna be a long 50 days!!

It goes surprisingly fast.  Nice to get yours in the Spring so you can start using it asap.  We got ours in November.

John

• Like 4

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

Hi Brian and Sondra,

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus here from Indiana. Exciting to know they are "breaking ground" on your new home away from home. I know you guys must be feeling the excitement build. The folks at Oliver are a joy to work with, almost like family. They make the whole experience a lot of fun. 

We are feverishly working on a total remodel of a very small retirement home we bought a couple years ago. The plan is to live in a very small house out in the country that will require minimal upkeep and free up time for travel and exploring seasonally. I'm getting to the end of the project just in time to move in and anticipate the arrival of our Oliver.

We ordered our LE2 in November and have a start date in early March and delivery is scheduled for April 19. We struggled for a number of years ourselves with the type of travel trailer we wanted for retirement, but in our case we thought we needed room for toys. We've become more realistic in the last year and finally knew the LE2 was really perfect for the type of travel and camping we wanted to do during retirement. 

Thanks for sharing and we look forward to crossing paths and getting to know you and everyone in the Oliver family in the years ahead.

Thank you.  We downsized a few years ago in preparation for retirement.  Still have a few more years before that happens.  I haven’t towed anything in a while and never anything as heavy as the LE2, so I suspect we’ll keep our travels close to NC until I get proficient at towing again and accustomed to its features.  Good luck with your Oliver and hope to see you out on the road.

• Like 2

Bryan & Sondra

2023 Elite II Twin Bed, Hull #1358

2022 F-150 5.0L, long bed w/ Heavy Duty Payload, Max Tow, and FX4 packages

7 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I remember getting to the production line.  Back in the day when there was more "free" time the folks at Oliver would sent pictures of the new baby rolling down the line.  In hind sight I'm not so sure that this was a good thing - is it a boy or a girl, what do you think the color of its hair or eyes is going to be, will ours have all four tires the same, is it really smiling at us?  The anticipation is bad enough without also "expecting" pictures every couple of weeks.

Now's the time for that final prep work to start - trip route, reservations, one or two nights at the Oliver camp?  Sort through things into piles of what to bring - only to be sorted again when I realized that all of what I wanted to bring would not fit in the tow vehicle.  And then sorted again when I realized that I would not be taking a 6 month trip.  What tools?  What cloths?  What paperwork? What cleaning supplies - sure its a new baby but they do tend to soil themselves so quickly.  What did I do with those checklists?  Did I call my insurance people with the VIN - what did I do with that "proof of insurance" card they gave me?  OH!  Did we remember to pack the checkbook?  😇

All sounds fun and exciting!

Bill

Thank you.  The email we got stated they would send pictures as the trailer went through the various stages of production, but perhaps they’ll just be stock pictures.  We’ve been keeping a TODO list since we ordered and checking items off (and adding new ones!) as we complete them.

• Like 3

Bryan & Sondra

6 hours ago, dewdev said:

Now the countdown really starts. Deciding what to buy to outfit the Ollie and then the planning for where to go first, second .......

Watch the weather in March when you pickup, but it looks like you do not have far to travel.

It is always a good idea to spend a couple days at the Oliver campsite or nearby camping area where you can operate everything which will likely give way to more questions and maybe even require Oliver to make a few adjustments.

Happy Travels and send us some pictures of your new baby.

Thank you.  I was thinking the same thing about the weather.  We’ll be driving over the mountains there and back.  It’s about a 9 or 10 hour drive for us.  We’ll take I40 all the way to Nashville, before heading south to Hohenwald.  I was considering taking a more northly route (I81 and I77) on the way back, but perhaps not. We are planning to take the factory tour and camp at the Oliver campground after we take delivery.  I’ll be sure to post some pictures when we get home.

• Like 2

Bryan & Sondra

6 hours ago, MnM said:

Congrats, the next two months will fly by!   We will be in Hohenwald next week taking delivery of ours and are excited to be joining the Oliver club!

Thanks you.  Good luck next week!

• Like 1

Bryan & Sondra

5 hours ago, John Welte said:

Bryan, we have an LE2 and find it's easier to back up than our smaller tent trailer that we had before.  The shorter the distance from the hitch ball to the tires of the trailer, the harder it is to back up.  At least that's what I experienced.  I think you made a good choice.  Ours tows very easily behind our Ford Expedition.  Congrats on your upcoming trailer.

John

Thank you John.  Yeah, all my towing experience has been with smaller single axle tailers, so I know what you mean.

• Like 1

Bryan & Sondra

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Bryan in NC said:

We’ll take I40 all the way to Nashville, before heading south to Hohenwald.

Assuming that you are headed towards Nashville from the east - you actually get off I40 prior to getting to Nasheville and take I840 out of Lebanon towards Columbia and then to Hohenwald.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

22 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Assuming that you are headed towards Nashville from the east - you actually get off I40 prior to getting to Nasheville and take I840 out of Lebanon towards Columbia and then to Hohenwald.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I saw that.  Our son lives just east of Nashville and we plan on visiting him for a few days beforehand, so we’d have to head back east to catch 840.  We’ll  probably continue east on 40 then take 440 to 65, unless traffic is bad.

Bryan & Sondra

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Bryan in NC said:

unless traffic is bad.

Yes - mainly due to the large GM plant south of Nashville the traffic can get ugly.

Be careful but have a great time!

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Yes - mainly due to the large GM plant south of Nashville the traffic can get ugly.

Be careful but have a great time!

Bill

Thanks for the heads up!

Bryan & Sondra

20 hours ago, Bryan in NC said:

I haven’t towed anything in a while and never anything as heavy as the LE2, so I suspect we’ll keep our travels close to NC until I get proficient at towing again and accustomed to its features. 

Hi Bryan, 

Carrie and I picked up out E2 in early December. I have towed several trailers and boats. Our last trailer was a similar sized Black Series HQ15. We were amazed at how well the E2 towed. Easier and better towing characteristics than any of our previous experiences. The E2 is a bit narrower and not as tall as the HQ15. I believe the contours of the E2 also help a lot. We had a long drive back to Idaho with a lot of snow across Nebraska and Wyoming. We also had a lot of cross winds 30-40 MPH. We never experienced and sway. The E2 towed perfectly. I have done similar drives in similar conditions with the HQ15 and it was quite a different experience. A lot of sway if you didn't keep your MPH lower with the HQ15. The E2 is also much easier to maneuver in tight spaces and backing up the the HQ15 was. 

Good luck!

Kirk                                          

• Like 7

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

On 2/3/2023 at 1:22 PM, snakeriveridaho said:

Hi Bryan, 

Carrie and I picked up out E2 in early December. I have towed several trailers and boats. Our last trailer was a similar sized Black Series HQ15. We were amazed at how well the E2 towed. Easier and better towing characteristics than any of our previous experiences. The E2 is a bit narrower and not as tall as the HQ15. I believe the contours of the E2 also help a lot. We had a long drive back to Idaho with a lot of snow across Nebraska and Wyoming. We also had a lot of cross winds 30-40 MPH. We never experienced and sway. The E2 towed perfectly. I have done similar drives in similar conditions with the HQ15 and it was quite a different experience. A lot of sway if you didn't keep your MPH lower with the HQ15. The E2 is also much easier to maneuver in tight spaces and backing up the the HQ15 was. 

Good luck!

Kirk                                          

Thanks Kirk, that's good to hear.  Glad you got back home safely.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Bryan & Sondra

Welcome from Everett Wa.

As inspiration check our blog on Oliver pickup and the “Oliver Outfitters Guide here:

https://4-ever-hitched.com/

Hope to see you on the road.

Craig & Rose

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg