Black Tank Flush Backflow Valve

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

After a "mini-Old Faithful" shooting up a foot from the ball valve

Gee!  I wonder what words were said when this happened?😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
9 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

please share details of the macerator pump you are getting. I am looking at one too for a possible permanent mount in my bumper.

Look forward to what you learn.

This is what I ordered. Less than half the price of the FlowJet, and fewer percentage of one and two star reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W5NMGMS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_detailsI was also looking at this one, but figured I'd have another $30 in needed parts, so I bough the kit.

I have a 10" extension and a gate valve to add to the trailer's dump port. Then I'll hang the 45° fitting and the macerator. This will put it in a downward angle to minimize air getting into the pump.

I just got home from helping a friend put his sailboat in for the year, so haven't tried dumping yet. I did plug it in and it wouldn't start, so that's not a good indicator. I rotated by hand and then it did. I'll try it out with clean water to see if it needs returned...

Harbor Freight has a 3/4" contractor grade 50' hose I’ll pick up tomorrow to reach the septic tank.

This is intended for home use only for now. I saw some uphill dump pipes at the rally, but I don't know how common that it.

• Like 4

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

On 5/30/2023 at 12:55 PM, Brian and Brandelyne said:

please share details of the macerator pump you are getting. I am looking at one too for a possible permanent mount in my bumper.

Look forward to what you learn.

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

On 5/30/2023 at 8:26 AM, Rivernerd said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but why the white hose through the bathroom window and into the toilet?  Is the Oliver-installed flush valve below the window not good enough?

Not a dumb question at all!  My generally doing the end of season black tank and dump line cleaning is at a military FamCamp dump station.  I like to keep my stay on the dump station as brief as possible.  With two hoses running full blast and the tank dump valve open, it gets a vigorous cleaning in about 3 -4 minutes.  Poof I'm off station.  Besides it's a blast inside that tank!   LOL!

GJ  

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

This thread makes me very happy we opted for the composting toilet. Our last travel trailer 20 years ago still provides "fond" memories of black tank issues. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

Mike/Carol,

I thought I remember you as having a "Natures Head".

Hey Bryan, we’ve got a regular flush toilet.  When we placed our order in 2015 the Natures Head was not an option.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS