Music picking at the 2023 Rally?

topgun2

• Moderators

Sorry for the thread hijack - but

I trust you musical types that are going to be at the Rally are organizing an evening of picking!  Just let us know what campsite or area and we'll be there.

Bill

• Like 6

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Bill,

We gonna be in lot E-17 from 5/15-5/22/2023 at Lk Guntersville RV park for the Rally.........I'll have my Guitar with me for some old classic country & gospel...come on by! This being my first Oliver Rally I'll probably follow the music crowd as I'm not sure what to expect at this point. 

Vic

• Like 6

Hull #1139, 2022 Elite II, Auburndale, Fl

• Moderators

OK - looks like you got the ball rolling!

I've not seen a Rally schedule - yet - but, unusually there is nothing "formally" scheduled for Thursday and Friday nights.  So, after everyone has supper on their own and/or an adult beverage or so you are free to wander around, meet up with friends, go up to the Lodge to watch the sun set (or simply watch it set over the lake from the beach) or just try to relax from your day's adventures in Ollie land.

So, for at least a couple of hours (I think that the campground quiet hours start at 10pm) you can pick away.  Hopefully others that enjoy this sort of thing will either show up at your place or agree to meet for some music and laughs.

Bill

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Vic and Wanda Shumate said:

Bill,

We gonna be in lot E-17 from 5/15-5/22/2023 at Lk Guntersville RV park for the Rally.........I'll have my Guitar with me for some old classic country & gospel...come on by! This being my first Oliver Rally I'll probably follow the music crowd as I'm not sure what to expect at this point. 

Vic

We’re in E section too and will stop by.  I’ll have my banjo but since I’ve only been picking for a couple of years I’m not sure I’m good enough to join in unless everything is in G with I, IV, and V chords!  🪕.  We haven’t had much owner music at past rallies.  Mike

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

How can someone find out more information on the Oliver rally?

At the top of this page - click "Home"

Then click "Owners"

Then click "Annual Rally"

Note that if you still need more info there is a number to call at the bottom of the "Annual Rally" page.

It is unlikely that you will get specific information regarding a specific schedule of Rally activities yet - but - historically there have been presentations on various subjects in the Ballroom of the main Lodge each day plus a number of vendors and current model Oliver trailers are available most of each day in an area down by the lake.  There is time for visiting with other owners and there is usually an opening reception and a closing meeting.

Do you have a specific question in mind?

Bill

14 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

We’re in E section too and will stop by.  I’ll have my banjo but since I’ve only been picking for a couple of years I’m not sure I’m good enough to join in unless everything is in G with I, IV, and V chords!  🪕.  We haven’t had much owner music at past rallies.  Mike

Banjo!  Damn... I'm sorry I quit the bagpipes years ago! :classic_biggrin:  Seriously though... We will be in E-19 and I'll have at least one Ukulele with me.  We could share around some charts beforehand and pick a time and place to meet.  Should be fun.  

• Like 4

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

OK... thinking Friday night around 6pm at the Beach Pavilion.  BYOC and BYOB.  I'll put together a list of about 10 popular songs that people know the words to. Or, maybe have handouts with just the words so folks can sing along.    I'll post a google drive location that people who play instruments can download the charts from .  After the singalong, we can have a signup sheet for an Open (no) Mic, and folks can perform for us.    Simple and easy.  

Who do I have to sweet talk to schedule the Beach Pavillion? 

Scotty

• Like 4

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

• Moderators

You might want to pass this by Matt Duncan.

As far as I know - things like the Beach Pavilion have a fee associated with them by the State Park.

However, more than likely the vendors will be in the usual location (I can't remember what that is called) and if that is the case then Oliver has already arranged with the State Park for use of the "shelters" in that area.  Just saying.

Bill

p.s.  thanks for taking the music by the horns on this one.  Hopefully a bunch of pickers will get with the program. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

G with I, IV, and V chords!  🪕

Right there with ya Mike!  One, Four, Five — but on guitar.  I doubt I will be bringing mine but I do love to sit around a campfire and listen.

Brian

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

However, more than likely the vendors will be in the usual location (I can't remember what that is called) and if that is the case then Oliver has already arranged with the State Park for use of the "shelters" in that area.

That would be the Buckeye Pavilion, (from someone who does remember).

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Thank you so much for all the information Topgun2.  We are entertaining the thought of trying to attend if there are some available sites.    We will look into booking and registering.  Thanks again.

Becky, David and our dogs Ginger and Bebo.

2020 Legacy Elite II, Land Rover, Hull 638.  2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500-Half-ton.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

We are entertaining the thought of trying to attend if there are some available sites.    We will look into booking and registering.  

Two things - 

1 - as you may already know - you need to register with Oliver

2 - you need to register/get a campsite with the State Park

Even if the State Park has no available sites (I'm guessing that they still do have sites available) there are "bondocking" sites available very close by.

Bill

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, johnwen said:

I don't think that double occupancy routine can be accomplished on Wendy's bass ukulele 

You're goin' to need a bigger ukulele?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Good to remember that Meghan plays "All About That Bass" on the Ukulele!  

I'll reach out to Matt and see what we can arrange.   Maybe we'll get lucky on that beer this time. 

Scotty

• Like 1

• Moderators

With all due respect to Meghan and her Uke -

I prefer the video I posted.

Thanks for getting on this - it could be a real hoot.

Bill

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 7:40 PM, Mike and Carol said:

I mess around with a banjo too.  Probably need to pick it up and get back into it.

Over time, I've discovered that I really suck at it, but the more I practice, I've discovered that I simply "suck" a little faster.

Would be nice to hand my banjo to someone else who can make some nice sounds come out of it.

• Like 3

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel