No 120 vac from outlets in Elite II.

docron

I have an Oliver Elite II 2021 model with solar panels and Li batts and surge protector.

Was camping at Great Basin NP, no hookups. Woke up in the morning with no 120VAC to the outlets.

Checked breakers and reset, no obvious probs and still no 120v to the outlets. Checked the GFCI and could not reset it. Checked for voltage at the GFCI. Nothing.  The microwave works. No power to the outside outlet. Furnace and air conditioner working.

The surge protector is working normally with no error codes. Hooked up to 120vac from home outlet and still no 120vac to the outlets. 

All 12vdc systems working. 

Checked the circuit breakers under the street side bed and both are OK. Shut off and turned on the inverter, no change.  

Called Oliver service and would not help me, no tech support for anything 120v, suggested I take it for service somewhere. 

Has anyone experienced this issue and how did you solve it? A little apprehensive about taking it somewhere for repairs. 

docron

Edited by docron
added info

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderator+
2 hours ago, docron said:

Was camping at Great Basin NP, no hookups. Woke up in the morning with no 120VAC to the outlets.

Checked breakers and reset, no obvious probs and still no 120v to the outlets. Checked the GFCI and could not reset it. Checked for voltage at the GFCI. Nothing.  The microwave works. No power to the outside outlet. Furnace and air conditioner working.

All 12vdc systems working. 

Checked the circuit breakers under the street side bed and both are OK. Shut off and turned on the inverter, no change.  

Called Oliver service and would not help me, no tech support for anything 120v. 

Has anyone experienced this issue and how did you solve it? A little apprehensive about taking it somewhere for repairs. 

docron

Since you did not fill in the information about your trailer, it would be really helpful if you told us which model trailer you have, what year it is, what kind of batteries, solar?, generator?

Without much info to go on, I'm confused. You're camping with no hookups but somehow expected there to be 120 volts available from your outlets?

You state that the microwave and A/C will run. The only place they can get power (in your situation) is from the batteries, through the inverter and only if your trailer has the Lithium battery package.

Further you state that you "Called Oliver service and [they] would not help me, no tech support for anything 120v." This does not sound right. Who did you talk to?

• Like 7

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Shooting in the dark here but if your microwave is working your inverter is working. Possibly your GFCI outlet is at fault, hard to say. Oliver service will definitely help you, they're some of the best in the industry, try them again. 

• Like 5

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

• Moderators
12 hours ago, docron said:

Checked the GFCI and could not reset it

Our gfci shorted out and had to be replaced once on a Canadian trip.

If you can't reset a gfci, there is either: no power to the circuit, possibly a loose connection, a bad ground, or a bad gfci that requires replacement. 

Does your gfci have any indicator  light on it? If you have some indicator light, then you likely have power.

Please complete your profile, or at least tell us what model/year trailer, power package etc., so that others can help you better.

Do open a service ticket, with complete information and a phone number so someone can help you at Oliver service.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

4 hours ago, Tom and Doreen said:

Shooting in the dark here but if your microwave is working your inverter is working. Possibly your GFCI outlet is at fault, hard to say. Oliver service will definitely help you, they're some of the best in the industry, try them again. 

Note that I added additional info to my original post.

There is NO 120vac coming into the GFCI outlet. 

You either have a 2000 watt or 3000watt inverter.  The wiring diagrams are different.  Which do you have?

The microwave may be on a separate circuit from the other outlets which share one common gfci outlet. 

I concur that gfci plugs could fail, or a loose ground. 

• Like 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

• Moderators

Rereading you're post,,with edits, I'd say 90 per cent, bad gfci, and a simple repair. 

Best of luck. Let us know how it works out.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

support@olivertraveltrailers.com

Start a ticket as others stated. They have always been responsive. Whether it is Jason, Mike, or Hannah, I have always gotten support on electrical issues.

Go under the front dinette and check the backside of the GFIC outlet for loose wire(s).

Good Luck and please share the fix.

• Like 3

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNYimage.jpeg.9e7303babcb28d7f6badb799734c6e44.jpeg

As John D. said above, I would start at the back of the GFI plug and trace backwards for power. You obviously have a functioning 120v system, just no power beyond the GFI, which will effect all other outlets. Likely a loose connection or a bad GFI. GFI's are very prone to failure. If you can eliminate any other problem, meaning you have 120 volts to the wires connecting to the back of the GFI, than letting Oliver service know they will probably send you out and new GFI promptly. 

If you don't have power at the wires on the back of the GFI, you will need to check at the next connection back that those wires connect to until you find the loose connection. 

Best approach is to fill out a trouble ticket. This allows the chain of management at Oliver service to monitor the progress and problems/solutions found. Regarding Oliver not willing to troubleshoot the 120v system, it sounds like some confusion has occurred. They will not troubleshoot beyond the shore connection, but the absolutely will troubleshoot from the shore connection to the internal systems of the camper. 

• Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators

@docron

I’m a little late joining this conversation and I haven’t seen your final outcome, so I will add a little information that may or may not be of benefit.

On 9/21/2023 at 2:06 PM, docron said:

There is NO 120vac coming into the GFCI outlet.

I know you have completed some initial troubleshooting and I would like a clarification on your statement above.  Does it mean that you have used a 120V outlet tester which would test the output of the receptacle or have you removed the outlet cover and tested for voltage at the receptacle/wire connection which would test the input to the receptacle?  If there isn’t any input voltage at the receptacle then as has been mentioned above, the problem is up stream and the junction box near the transfer switch would be the next test point.  Then the transfer switch.  The picture attached is from a 2017 LEII, but should be a fair representation of the components involved.  Please let us know if you have solved your issue or if we can be of further assistance.

Mossey

IMG_1169.thumb.jpeg.8dcefbbc3cae8bd7cb9a96c4ed412e05.jpeg

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”